The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Weirdest Business Model (worth copying)

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Ok guys and gals. Here's Version 3.

Scrap going to funeral with TV/projector.

Make an app.
Call it "Last Words".
Record person, and make it avail in that app.
Assure or not that only family can go to vids.
(If someone wants public last words he/she can)

It might even be per person - like diff things said to family and diff things said to coworkers.

And if that person knows how to use smarphone you wouldn't even have to go to their hospital.

:p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Make an app.
Call it "Last Words".
(If someone wants public last word he/she can)

That's a freaking blueprint for a successful business idea right here!
Had a similar idea with a website, which the family could log in through a login portal, but your is way better.
But I think you have to separate all these business ideas into two things:
- One is targeting rich people, who pay 10k+ for some last words, which are in person.
- And the other with the app, you just take the focus on the regular people and ask for a small fee.

Both amazing ideas and really easy to generate a big income, even if that should be the focus.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa Autry

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 11, 2020
Chandler, AZ
I came upon this today and had to share it with my Fastlane friends. Please don't laugh....... this is deadly serious.

A man in Queensland Australia saw a need that maybe many people could relate to, but it seems that nobody has ever made a business out of it.

The need was for honest talking at funerals. Here's how he does it:
  • He visits people who are on their deathbeds in hospital. I don't know how he gets to know who is dying, but maybe he has good contacts in hospitals.
  • He interviews them, asking if there is anything they want said at the funeral other than the trite eulogies or wishes engineered by family members. In other words: What are your real last wishes?
  • For legal self protection he records the interviews.
  • He charges the dying person $10,000 to fulfill their wish to have those real wishes spoken.
  • When the funeral is under way he steps up to the microphone being used by the minister or MC, and tells them he is there at the request of the deceased who has asked him to read out his/her real last wishes.
  • Sometimes he tells all those standing behind the microphone to go and join the rest of the mourners.
  • Then he reads out his list, much to the chagrin of the vested interests who have said or would say otherwise.
He has a thriving business. His customers all die, but there are always more potential customers waiting, and as his reputation grows, so does his list of customers.

Walter
P.S. Is this fastlane? He doesn't even finish up with an email list.
That's cool. I would modify it a little as I'm more of the persuasion to help people by forming a relationship with them before they die. Kind of a Sage I guess you could say. Some people help those bring life into the world. Some help people help those transition back from where we came.

Lisa Autry

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 11, 2020
Chandler, AZ
Is it scalable?

Satan enters the chat.
I already thought about that. It could be, Marie Kondo did something that scaled similar to this. But it would be pretty difficult and you'd have to love doing it. I don't mean "love what you do" I mean love doing it because its insanely difficult to scale this idea up.

Last edited:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Before COVID ( haven't tried afterward ) I would walk into Hospitals with no issue and browse the floors.

My Father-in-law had a quad bypass and we would just walk in and elevator up and go see him. No one questioned us or anything.

Lisa Autry

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 11, 2020
Chandler, AZ
Before COVID ( haven't tried afterward ) I would walk into Hospitals with no issue and browse the floors.

My Father-in-law had a quad bypass and we would just walk in and elevator up and go see him. No one questioned us or anything.
You would be handcuffed if you did that now...at least in the USA.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
Love this idea.

Maybe get some final dispositions/mini-Will templates Prepared by an attorney and have them signed by each client.

Also might not hurt to become a notary public for when these docs get signed.
I wonder: what if crowd gets angry if you ‘crash’ a funeral and the funeral home orders you to leave. How do you honor your contract to perform this service if the funeral home evicts you?!

paulmp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Jul 1, 2017
Western Australia
So for those of you who don't know much about Australia... A Queensland Man is our equivalent of "Florida Man"... you know those weird news stories that when you hear Queensland / Florida.. you go "oh, of course". That was my thought on this business model :)

I'm sure there is a business in it, but one I'll pass on executing.

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
I think it’s easy to dismiss this idea for a variety of reasons.

But the reality, and the wholesome part that’s really at the forefront here, is that you are helping a person execute their final wishes.

Soldiers who are going into combat draft pre-written letters that their buddies are instructed to mail home upon their death. There’s a lot of loyalty and honor that goes into such activities.

In the end, you are doing people a favor — a legitimate favor.

Even before their death, when planning the confession/event, you are helping ease long-held tensions and creating some closure for people whose smallest circle of friends or family may have bailed on them.

You are their voice.

This is powerful.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Upsell on the video recording...
You come in, make everything look all cozy (couch, rugs, lazy chair, whatever), and get a stylist out to do their hair and makeup, so they look the prime of their old age..
Suit and tie, obviously,if they wanted to..

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Why wait until you’re dead? I’d pay people to go tell off certain people I know right now just so I could see spy cam recordings of the looks on their faces.
Another business opportunity
I wonder if there is something in this but without the death?

How many people have family feuds/bad relationships all because of poor communication and would love to tell their dad/mum/brother/sister etc. truly how they felt about certain situations but could never actually face up to it.
Business name: Tell your family to f*** off, all without ever seeing them! Call me to discuss details.
Think that exists already and it's called a family therapist, but most people are even afraid to do this...
Lots of bad stigma surrounding therapists, best to call it something else? Anyone serious about therapy will search for therapists, but somebody that just wants them to f off won't even be looking for someone. You would probably want to do reaction videos of what happens when you talk with the other family member and post on social media.. along with the occasional running away and/or getting shot at...

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Business name: Tell your family to f*** off, all without ever seeing them! Call me to discuss details.

Even if it sounds like a joke, that's one hell of a good business idea. You have so many costumers and no competition. :) worth a try ;)

Soldiers who are going into combat draft pre-written letters that their buddies are instructed to mail home upon their death. There’s a lot of loyalty and honor that goes into such activities.
Yes, but that's a little oldfashioned. If you created an app, they may record a video of themself and it will be sent directly to their family if they're dead. It just doesn't exist, so they write letters.

But I personally think that new family therapy isn't a bad idea. Nobody likes to go to the therapist. And it's more fun than just doing business with dead people. :)

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
And remember they don't have to be bitter. They just need to be able to say something else, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe they want to inspire, or motivate, or clear something up that they didn't have the opportunity to say during their life and didn'tn realize they regretted it until they were dying.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
That's a freaking blueprint for a successful business idea right here!
Had a similar idea with a website, which the family could log in through a login portal, but your is way better.
But I think you have to separate all these business ideas into two things:
- One is targeting rich people, who pay 10k+ for some last words, which are in person.
- And the other with the app, you just take the focus on the regular people and ask for a small fee.

Both amazing ideas and really easy to generate a big income, even if that should be the focus.
Thanks for sharing!!!
I think a lot of people would prefer not to record themselves talking. They'd rather interview with someone and have them speak for them.

mr4ffe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Nov 3, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
Ok guys and gals. Here's Version 3.

Scrap going to funeral with TV/projector.

Make an app.
Call it "Last Words".
(If someone wants public last words he/she can)

It might even be per person - like diff things said to family and diff things said to coworkers.

And if that person knows how to use smarphone you wouldn't even have to go to their hospital.
This could 1) be very privacy-invasive (what happens when the servers get hacked?) and 2) remove the holiness of the funeral itself. In our current consumerist society, abundance has negative connotations and scarcity has positive connotations. Scarce products tend to be perceived as high quality. By making someone's last words available in abundance, those may carry less weight. Just a thought. I don't know how else to put it.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
This could 1) be very privacy-invasive (what happens when the servers get hacked?) and 2) remove the holiness of the funeral itself. In our current consumerist society, abundance has negative connotations and scarcity has positive connotations. Scarce products tend to be perceived as high quality. By making someone's last words available in abundance, those may carry less weight. Just a thought. I don't know how else to put it.

I agree with two top guments.
But consider this about third one: what about people who cannot afford $10k for their last words to be heard?
Scarce is valued more , that's true, but should we keep it scarce?

Last edited:

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
In my mind, these ideas are three totally different things:

1. An app that would only replace a traditional letter for the inner circle.
2. A person who talks to people in the hospital and says some mostly nice words at the funeral on behalf of the dying person.
3. An app that would tell people to f*** of without seeing them. :) my personal favorite

And I think every one of them could work :smile:

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
In my mind, these ideas are three totally different things:

1. An app that would only replace a traditional letter for the inner circle.
2. A person who talks to people in the hospital and says some mostly nice words at the funeral on behalf of the dying person.
3. An app that would tell people to f*** of without seeing them. :) my personal favorite

And I think every one of them could work :smile:
#4: A person who goes and tells people to f*** off without seeing them... not sure how effective an app would be at that

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
#4: A person who goes and tells people to f*** off without seeing them... not sure how effective an app would be at that

Didn't mean that point so seriously. :) Probably not profitable but it would be quite funny.

AriAzran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 15, 2020
Israel
I came upon this today and had to share it with my Fastlane friends. Please don't laugh....... this is deadly serious.

A man in Queensland Australia saw a need that maybe many people could relate to, but it seems that nobody has ever made a business out of it.

The need was for honest talking at funerals. Here's how he does it:
  • He visits people who are on their deathbeds in hospital. I don't know how he gets to know who is dying, but maybe he has good contacts in hospitals.
  • He interviews them, asking if there is anything they want said at the funeral other than the trite eulogies or wishes engineered by family members. In other words: What are your real last wishes?
  • For legal self protection he records the interviews.
  • He charges the dying person $10,000 to fulfill their wish to have those real wishes spoken.
  • When the funeral is under way he steps up to the microphone being used by the minister or MC, and tells them he is there at the request of the deceased who has asked him to read out his/her real last wishes.
  • Sometimes he tells all those standing behind the microphone to go and join the rest of the mourners.
  • Then he reads out his list, much to the chagrin of the vested interests who have said or would say otherwise.
He has a thriving business. His customers all die, but there are always more potential customers waiting, and as his reputation grows, so does his list of customers.

Walter
P.S. Is this fastlane? He doesn't even finish up with an email list.
Thank you for sharing this information. I wouldn't do that personally, but this has the potential to give peace and meaning to those in their last days. A wish coming true is a good thing for a dying man.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
My question, "If they are on their deathbed, who writes the $10K cheque?"
Good question. I have sat with a few old friends while they were dying and I can think of several of them who could not even lift a pen.

Walter

evergreen_scene

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Dec 5, 2016
Wow :D
What a world we live in.
To me this sounds unreal, almost like a plot of a movie.
I cant help but wonder, what kind of a need does this fill. What problem does it solve.
The dead have no needs, right? So strange...
You aren't thinking about this from the right lens. The client is *not* dead at the time of the sale. The client, in fact, likely feels more alive than ever at the very thought of completing this kind of sale.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
A good idea!
I would get some experience with lower prices.
when I can well, I would charge 100000 min. There are allways people in every income region to buybsomething. So in the welth region, too.
And rich people dare to use that service more, as often they have a bigger self confidence.
Having one client per month would be enough to be at 1 m ren.
Scale: self runner.

I dont do that because my social surrounding would turn off me.

Walter thanks for sharing

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
You aren't thinking about this from the right lens. The client is *not* dead at the time of the sale. The client, in fact, likely feels more alive than ever at the very thought of completing this kind of sale.
I`m not one to judge how people spend their money, I get that its a service in demand.
Just seems like a weird service to me.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
A good idea!
I would get some experience with lower prices.
when I can well, I would charge 100000 min. There are allways people in every income region to buybsomething. So in the welth region, too.
And rich people dare to use that service more, as often they have a bigger self confidence.
Having one client per month would be enough to be at 1 m ren.
Scale: self runner.

I dont do that because my social surrounding would turn off me.

Walter thanks for sharing
Rich folks would probably do this and donate money to a local charity (instead of giving to their children, if they don't want to)
Poor folks might like to "stick it to em" to their children who are sitting around like vultures and waiting for the inheritance money....

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Rich folks would probably do this and donate money to a local charity (instead of giving to their children, if they don't want to)
Poor folks might like to "stick it to em" to their children who are sitting around like vultures and waiting for the inheritance money....
Btw.: its sad to see, that there are so many people, who don’t get their children educated well and don’t get their things done right.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Btw.: its sad to see, that there are so many people, who don’t get their children educated well and don’t get their things done right.
yeah, teaching them right in ways of money will help them, and help their children. it affects many generations.
Personally, when/if I have children, and they get married, I'll tell them not to expect much of anything when I die (keepsakes and such) but not a lot of money. I do not want them relying on that money to (maybe) someday come in. If they are good with money, they won't need it. If they aren't good with money, I'll spoil them even worse. Best case scenario its a wash, worst case scenario I badly affect them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.