The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time is ticking away

Anything related to matters of the mind

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Last edited:

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
People fail to understand the value of time because they miss the root issue of the problem.
The problem are the endless distractions available to us in today's age. Social networks and poison like that.

How can you think about your goals and how much time you've left when you have 329301 things your attention is getting spread over?

Some people don't even want to be helped. In fact, a lot of ex-friends of mine got defensive and angry when I tried to help them give up on their shitty habits. Let them waste their lives.

Edit: This is the chrome extension I use so every time I open the browser it pops up.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've been thinking about my failures today, went on a walk in the forest today. Could probably sum it up to one thing, lack of focus.

Whatever you do in life, whether it's sports, managing relationships, being a great parent, friend, being an entrepreneur... It all comes down to effort, lately due to the lockdown I've put more importance into my health, even with a bad diet I shed 40 pounds, that is years and years of just abusing my body with bad food, lack of exercise & no focus on my health.

Luckily I'm healthy, no illness's, sickness's or anything halleujah! The same concept applies to anything and everything in life, just focus... embracing the boring grind, doing your ''pushups'' so to speak. IMO the hardest part of entrepreneurship is embracing the boring parts of business. People mistake this beautiful game for Ferrari's and lounging around on a beach sipping martinis.

What you don't see is the person getting constantly rejected over and over again, dealing with bankruptcy, having to slave away at some shitty job just to pay the bills, dealing with yet another business failure. Having to deal with depression because you managed to achieve jack *** That is why most people fail, they don't have the stubbornness to keep plugging away.

Having a job is much easier, you get to clock in, shut your brain off and mindlessly work away for 8 hours a day, safe and sound for the week. Food is in your belly, the rent is paid & you have comfort. Soon after mediocrity kicks in, and you are comfortable. Why start another business? You just lost a few thousand dollars in the last one, I mean 80-90% of people fail anyways right? Geez the boss just gave ya a pay raise and sometimes you get free lunch! That doesn't sound to bad.

As for my business, I still need to do a ton of work, it's super boring, I don't really like staring at my website and being super picky about this or that, but the work needs to be done. Sure I can hire some person but I cant really afford to pay some bozo to do the same work that I can do myself. I also need to source this, source that, gain traffic, run ads, think about my image and message, there is a million things.

Entrepreneurship has so many similarities to sports it's amazing to me, do you know why Michael Jordan is the GOAT player of all time? The mindless, boring and repetitive practice shots. How many 3 pointer shots a day do you think he shot? Hundreds? Thousands? How long? 1 or 2 hours a day? Hell no! Same goes for entrepreneurship, keeping in mind 80+ % of people ''fail'' at this game, it's because they don't put the amount of effort in others.

1% of people in the world are richer than 99%, that is because they did the work that 99% of people wont do. You can't be a millionaire with a minimum wage mindset, you could probably even say there is a little bit of crazy to achieve what only 1% of people on the planet have done. And even if you have a million dollars in my city of Vancouver you still can't afford a house LOL.

It's not normal to have 7 figures in the bank, so why would normal work ethics get you abnormal results?

NOTABLE! - Can a $2 tool help make you a millionaire?

Great thread to check out, I'd like to expand on it further. Writing down things you have troubles with and constantly asking yourself questions is '' a big secret ''

If you are one of those people that struggles to find an idea or business, the real problem is YOU. It is impossible NOT to come up with an idea for a business or idea. They are everywhere, check out

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_sj4Cq6GM

and

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=req5UVYzwko

If you advanced to the part of having a business a new set of problems comes up, as I said, asking questions is important.

How can I get more customers? How can I get more traffic? How can I this, or that, this that and rat a tat tat? Inside ourselves we have the answer, the problem is, can you sit down for 10 hours a day and solve these problems?

Personally that's my biggest problem, binge watching Youtube or playing a video game, procrastinating something important is alot more easier than dealing with the reality of doing hard grunt work. Back to my losing 40 pounds example, ''the process'' was going out and exercising, doing pushups, running, trying to eat less, managing my addiction to sugar, cutting out some foods etc. That was my painful process.

And that my fellow fastlaners is the real key to sucess. Facing your the problems in front of you.

- I cant find a business idea! (That's a problem for you to solve)
- My website isn't getting traffic! (That's a problem for you to solve)
- I blew $1,000 on FB ads and got no sales! (That's a problem for you to solve)

Are you going to solve these problems? That's what entrepreneurship is all about baby.

I think it's all a game, and should be played as a game. Hope you enjoyed the rant, today I sulked to myself in the bush about my failures, and when I came home the **** Mayor of my city sent me a message....... ( I am doing some community work for my area )

Talk about a feedback loop, keep going boys and girls, Shoutout to MJ, ya da man. Hope everyone has an awesome day!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
People fail to understand the value of time because they miss the root issue of the problem.
The problem are the endless distractions available to us in today's age. Social networks and poison like that.

How can you think about your goals and how much time you've left when you have 329301 things your attention is getting spread over?

Some people don't even want to be helped. In fact, a lot of ex-friends of mine got defensive and angry when I tried to help them give up on their shitty habits. Let them waste their lives.

With the distraction bit, it is about instant gratification. Enjoying the moment so to speak, that's why people drink or do drugs, to be ''in the moment'' and put a pause on life, just my opinion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

triodine

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 26, 2019

Edit: This is the chrome extension I use so every time I open the browser it pops up.

View attachment 33480

What extension is that? I'm having trouble finding it.

Gentlegiant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 25, 2020
Canada

View attachment 33480
I like that idea, just installed it! Crazy how little time we have when we think about it. I only got 19690 days to live man, and my youth is not going to last forever either. Really puts thing into perspective...

@triodine it's called death clock, it's on the chrome store

Gentlegiant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 25, 2020
Canada
I've been thinking about my failures today, went on a walk in the forest today. Could probably sum it up to one thing, lack of focus.

Whatever you do in life, whether it's sports, managing relationships, being a great parent, friend, being an entrepreneur... It all comes down to effort, lately due to the lockdown I've put more importance into my health, even with a bad diet I shed 40 pounds, that is years and years of just abusing my body with bad food, lack of exercise & no focus on my health.

Luckily I'm healthy, no illness's, sickness's or anything halleujah! The same concept applies to anything and everything in life, just focus... embracing the boring grind, doing your ''pushups'' so to speak. IMO the hardest part of entrepreneurship is embracing the boring parts of business. People mistake this beautiful game for Ferrari's and lounging around on a beach sipping martinis.

What you don't see is the person getting constantly rejected over and over again, dealing with bankruptcy, having to slave away at some shitty job just to pay the bills, dealing with yet another business failure. Having to deal with depression because you managed to achieve jack *** That is why most people fail, they don't have the stubbornness to keep plugging away.

Having a job is much easier, you get to clock in, shut your brain off and mindlessly work away for 8 hours a day, safe and sound for the week. Food is in your belly, the rent is paid & you have comfort. Soon after mediocrity kicks in, and you are comfortable. Why start another business? You just lost a few thousand dollars in the last one, I mean 80-90% of people fail anyways right? Geez the boss just gave ya a pay raise and sometimes you get free lunch! That doesn't sound to bad.

As for my business, I still need to do a ton of work, it's super boring, I don't really like staring at my website and being super picky about this or that, but the work needs to be done. Sure I can hire some person but I cant really afford to pay some bozo to do the same work that I can do myself. I also need to source this, source that, gain traffic, run ads, think about my image and message, there is a million things.

Entrepreneurship has so many similarities to sports it's amazing to me, do you know why Michael Jordan is the GOAT player of all time? The mindless, boring and repetitive practice shots. How many 3 pointer shots a day do you think he shot? Hundreds? Thousands? How long? 1 or 2 hours a day? Hell no! Same goes for entrepreneurship, keeping in mind 80+ % of people ''fail'' at this game, it's because they don't put the amount of effort in others.

1% of people in the world are richer than 99%, that is because they did the work that 99% of people wont do. You can't be a millionaire with a minimum wage mindset, you could probably even say there is a little bit of crazy to achieve what only 1% of people on the planet have done. And even if you have a million dollars in my city of Vancouver you still can't afford a house LOL.

It's not normal to have 7 figures in the bank, so why would normal work ethics get you abnormal results?

NOTABLE! - Can a $2 tool help make you a millionaire?

Great thread to check out, I'd like to expand on it further. Writing down things you have troubles with and constantly asking yourself questions is '' a big secret ''

If you are one of those people that struggles to find an idea or business, the real problem is YOU. It is impossible NOT to come up with an idea for a business or idea. They are everywhere, check out

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_sj4Cq6GM

and

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=req5UVYzwko

If you advanced to the part of having a business a new set of problems comes up, as I said, asking questions is important.

How can I get more customers? How can I get more traffic? How can I this, or that, this that and rat a tat tat? Inside ourselves we have the answer, the problem is, can you sit down for 10 hours a day and solve these problems?

Personally that's my biggest problem, binge watching Youtube or playing a video game, procrastinating something important is alot more easier than dealing with the reality of doing hard grunt work. Back to my losing 40 pounds example, ''the process'' was going out and exercising, doing pushups, running, trying to eat less, managing my addiction to sugar, cutting out some foods etc. That was my painful process.

And that my fellow fastlaners is the real key to sucess. Facing your the problems in front of you.

- I cant find a business idea! (That's a problem for you to solve)
- My website isn't getting traffic! (That's a problem for you to solve)
- I blew $1,000 on FB ads and got no sales! (That's a problem for you to solve)

Are you going to solve these problems? That's what entrepreneurship is all about baby.

I think it's all a game, and should be played as a game. Hope you enjoyed the rant, today I sulked to myself in the bush about my failures, and when I came home the **** Mayor of my city sent me a message....... ( I am doing some community work for my area )

Talk about a feedback loop, keep going boys and girls, Shoutout to MJ, ya da man. Hope everyone has an awesome day!
Great read man, I hadn't thought of it that way (thinking of problem solving as a game)

I'm very much at the action fake/can't find a business idea stage, but thinking of it as the first problem to solve in my entrepreneurial journey is a great idea! Currently working my mindset, so I'll add this to my daily affirmations, thanks a bunch :)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Great read man, I hadn't thought of it that way (thinking of problem solving as a game)

I'm very much at the action fake/can't find a business idea stage, but thinking of it as the first problem to solve in my entrepreneurial journey is a great idea! Currently working my mindset, so I'll add this to my daily affirmations, thanks a bunch :)

Thank you, check out MJ's videos on ideas, Alex becker has some good stuff aswell. (His idea is to take other business's and replicate them)

consignia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jul 19, 2019
I used to think money was my most valuable asset, then I understood it is time, because time IS money... time is all we have and unlike money it is actually limited

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w6GLvaAdCQ

Great video (only a few mins)

Have you been productive today?
Ah yes. I did that exercise a few years ago and forgot about it. My mortality is in the back of my mind a lot now though, having lost family members and having kids who are growing fast.

Don’t forget to appreciate the now as you’re striving for the future.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
“Time management is a myth.” (Blaise Brosnan)

It’s all about prioritisation.

“I didn’t have time to do that.”

... means it wasn’t important enough to you and you chose to do something else.

That’s ok. Just don’t lie to yourself.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What software/website did you use to visualize the blocks?
I just knocked it up in Excel and printed it on the wall. I pencilled in each week. My wife didn’t like it there so I took it down.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Time management is a myth. It’s prioritisation.

“I didn’t have time to do that.”

... means it wasn’t important enough to you and you chose to do something else.

That’s ok. Just don’t lie to yourself.
Ain't that the truth.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I saw it yesterday, and always enjoy videos from Alex Becker. He doesn't try it sell anything, only give value with his videos. And he is right. The life is to short to waste time, to only comfort with a slowlane or sidewalk. I always think that I don't know what is going next after life, neither if I can achieve my wildest goals, but I can try, and I am sure that I am going to have a better life than almost the gran majority in the people in the world.

The other day I saw the Space X launch and I though that it's wonderful, some man have a dream, and he is achieving. Seeing his rocket makes history probably feels like win a trillion dollar. But also I wonder how could it be possible that some guy can disrupt old industry like the automobile, space, banks, etc. And others only think to buy a house, get a family and discuss politics while they don't do anything to change their present or future. It's sad.

That fear of becoming such people is motivating.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
And others only think to buy a house, get a family and discuss politics while they don't do anything to change their present or future. It's sad.
This saddens me somewhat.

If only everyone in the world could have a house, family, and be able to discuss what they wanted. Wouldn’t it be something if everyone could?

It’s ok to want to keep growing. It’s ok to be happy with the now. It’s possible to do both.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
This saddens me. I hope you see the wealth in a house and healthy family and can appreciate the now.

If only everyone in the world could have a house, family, and be able to discuss what they wanted. Wouldn’t it be something if everyone could?

I don't mean that is a bad thing, I mean that hasn't to be the only thing in life. I have a girlfriend and probably in the future I will form a family, but I don't want to settle for just that, I want more.

I don't want to have to said my children we cannot afford that because we don't have money, I experience when I was a child and it's not something I want it.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.