The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Minneapolis (and spreading) Riots, Civil Unrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
And where do you believe that will lead to? Do you think 1 side of the civilian population will use guns against the other side... and the other sides won't do the same ?

Good luck with your plan - btw, I suggest you get to it - don't talk about it, be about it. Hop to it, people are itching, ready and waiting. Lots of online tough guys that make threats about shooting people all the time (usually from the right) - the uprising have been going on for 5 days - when are all those online tough guys going to act?
Yeah, change your tune. Bad man.

Here are your very fine "minority thugs"...
Why are you being dick?

Come on man you’re better than that.

Edit: I guess it’s funny for forum veterans to blatantly misrepresent and misquote other members.

It’s not like it’s his word against yours @100k, there’s literally a paper trail lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I 100% agree with @GIlman.

Gun sales are getting ready to skyrocket again.

Should’ve got my CHL when I had the chance.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Not really riots, more like uprising.

People are fed up.

It's a white/black thing. Because whenever black cops murder/kill white civilians, there are consequences.

When its a white officer that murders a black civilian - all of a sudden the excuses come out:

"blue lives matter... "
"cops have a very dangerous job"...
"they only have a split second to think..."....
"feared for my life..."
blah blah blah blah.

When its a black officer, the blue lives matter crowd as suspiciously quiet, the police union has nothing to say and the black cops always, always, always get punished for doing the EXACT same thing white ones do.

These two cops accidentally shot a child while he's father was threatening their lives with a car. No blue lives matter crap, no police union.... nothing from the "non racists" that would normally support cops.

Compared to this ...

Eric got choked to death, all the cops present watched it happen, nothing happened to them. The medics on the scenes just stood and watched him die. Nothing happened to them either.

This officer feared for his life and shot someone in the dark.... he was locked up, oh and it didn't take YEARS and it didn't protestings or burning for the "injustice system" to punish him either.

Etc. etc. etc.

There's a pattern, anyone that denies the racial element is part of the problem.

Its like the injustice system is ready to punish people - when they are black, but when they are white - all of a sudden, its time for slaps on the wrist. People are just fed up of that BS. So they are burning down white businesses - because when the people that have money / power to influence the politicians - things MOVE.

And its sad that people have to go out and protest everytime to get justice. Why can't the white judge, the white DA, the white prosecutor, the all white jury treat the white cops that murder black civilians the exact same way they treat black cops that murder white people?! Is that an unreasonable request on black people's part?

ALSO.... it doesn't matter what black people do -even if they were protesting PEACEFULLY.... All the "I'm not racist but..." would still have a problem with it (like they do with people peacefully taking a knee). So it doesn't matter HOW they protest - its the fact that they complain about racial abuse that is the problem. They should just be good little negroes and take the abuse with a smile, like in the good ol' days. -_- well this new generation don't think so, they are saying F*ck YOU, Let's burn this mofo down.

00_story.jpg
The only mofo these people are burning down is their own community.

I haven’t done anything to oppress anyone.

Burn down public property if you want, but come try this shit at my house you’ll leave with a third eye socket.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There were two threads about the civil unrest which have now been merged -- I doubt it will remain open long as it is a discussion that cannot steer clear of every hot button issue on the planet; guns, racism, police brutality, politics, injustice -- pretty much a powder keg of stuff that won't do well on a business forum.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
In Michigan I thought my friends had to go through Criminal Justice courses and Police Academy which was longer than a few weeks. Although, every state is not created equal.
A few weeks is not enough. Look up first amendment audits and you'll see how ignorant police are of the law. Their excuse is "well I'm not a lawyer or judge, I'm just here to enforce the law." But how do you enforce the law if you don't know the law? Police need to be on the same level as judges and lawyers because they're at the forefront of the legal system.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The other day my wife and I took a drive up to this high end ranch community to take a look at some acreage lots to build on. We weren't really ready to start a building project or anything, but this place in particular piqued out interest.

They had a 6 acre lot that backed up to a national forest. It was 5 minutes from a major interstate and closer, time wise, but not mile wise to the city and the airport than we are currently. Quite frankly an upgrade in every way. It was nice to think about what could be.

On the way home it was kind of sobering... We were both thinking the same thing... If America was on the upswing. If the majority was excited about the future. If the majority got behind freedom and capitalism. If taxes were falling and government was getting smaller... I would have written a check and been a happy man. We would build our dream home.

Instead, we feel as though we are in a bit of limbo. Not sure if we should stay in this country or just leave. Both options will be difficult. It certainly doesn't seem like the time to build the dream house.

The reality is however, we are becoming a country of jealousy and authoritarianism. The same sort of authoritarianism that took Cuba from a once prosperous nation and made them into the pile of rubble they are today. The same sort of authoritarianism and jealousy that turned Venezuela from a once prosperous nation into the pile of rubble they are today.

We feel STOLEN FROM. We grew up with people touting freedom and liberty... We were propagandized about how better America is than the rest of the countries in the world because we are "free" and they are not...

What did Floyd even do to deserve an interaction with police?

Did Floyd get due process? No... They didn't even give him the right to breathe air.

If ANYONE here thinks they have unbreakable rights... You are wrong. You Commit Three Felonies a Day

If they want you in a cage, they will put you in one. If they want you dead, they will call you a terrorist and you'll disappear. They have more guns and resources than you as long as the people are on the side of the government's definition of lawfulness.

iu

I sympathize with what he and other victims of government over reach, brutality, and corruption have been through and continue to go through.

This wasn't some straw that broke the camel's back for us, but it is an example of the government ruining the place we used to love. It sucks.

Now... Rioting? Looting? Vandalism? Stealing? Come on. That is just ruining more of it.

I can understand a fight. A real fight back against authority. Our founding father's did that, but stealing from fellow citizens that are likely as concerned about the circumstances as you are... Ridiculous.

I am with @Ocean Man I am starting to think this is more about just getting free stuff and being part of some camaraderie than it is about honor for Floyd. Destruction doesn't honor anything.

Last edited:

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
A few weeks is not enough. Look up first amendment audits and you'll see how ignorant police are of the law. Their excuse is "well I'm not a lawyer or judge, I'm just here to enforce the law." But how do you enforce the law if you don't know the law? Police need to be on the same level as judges and lawyers because they're at the forefront of the legal system.

I'm only quoting this post because it is the last thing you've said in this thread. I've read a couple of your posts as I was scanning. You seem to have an issue with police officers. You are making some very general and direct statements that are not true and I would hope that anyone who is reading what you say doesn't think that you actually know what you're talking about.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Not at war with citizens. At war with domestic terrorists. Peaceful protests are fine. MLK is a perfect example. Even being the obnoxious idiot at the front of the protest screaming at the cops is fine. Rioting, looting, vandalizing, assaulting, raping, and murdering is not. If the cops were to let their guard down and expect every person in the protest riot to behave civilized, they would be killed by the idiots responsible for turning the legal protest into a illegal riot. Never underestimate your opponent.

Right I forgot about the "t word" that's makes police tremble in fear. Terrorists became the boogeyman after 9/11. There's enough evidence online that shows that police mistreat the public. If you choose not to pay attention that's your problem. But you are witnessing the outcome of ignoring police brutality with the riots.

This is how police interact with the public. Now imagine all the cases that were not reported in the course of decades.

View: https://twitter.com/joshencinias/status/1266957878927261696

I'm only quoting this post because it is the last thing you've said in this thread. I've read a couple of your posts as I was scanning. You seem to have an issue with police officers. You are making some very general and direct statements that are not true and I would hope that anyone who is reading what you say doesn't think that you actually know what you're talking about.

Yes, I think I have made it clear that there's something wrong with how police interact with the public. Please point out the things that are not true?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes, I agree. I went to some County training for Mental Health for ten weeks I think it was when I ran a Mental Health A
I took training class once by the County for Mental Health when I ran an AFC home, and it wasn't enough training. I quit six months later and went back to Nurse Aide. Later went to get my Human Service Degree and could see the difference in training. I often, had those from the Criminal Justice Degree in some of our classes and they were often in Police training
I agree. The more education and training the better. I have watched a lot of training on You Tube, so it must be different in every area. I know they're just hurting the Citizens by not knowing the law.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes, I agree. I went to some County training for Mental Health for ten weeks I think it was when I ran a Mental Health A

I took training class once by the County for Mental Health when I ran an AFC home, and it wasn't enough training. I quit six months later and went back to Nurse Aide. Later went to get my Human Service Degree and could see the difference in training. I often, had those from the Criminal Justice Degree in some of our classes and they were often in Police training

I agree. The more education and training the better. I have watched a lot of training on You Tube, so it must be different in every area. I know they're just hurting the Citizens by not knowing the law.
Sorry, it got messed up.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Convince me otherwise, the vast majority of people on the planet are a waste of oxygen and resources.

WabiSabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 2, 2019
Katy, Texas
Cops are a necessary evil of society. You NEED someone to enforce the laws, so society can function. That said, cops get shot and stabbed at daily, that can breed discrimination and hatred. It's just a messy situation all round...

What I see now is mob "justice", people won't be satisfied until the cop is dead. Guilty until proven innocent (If that's what they're rioting about at all). Let the arrested cops go through the system, laws are there for a reason. I don't think we've heard the full story of the situation.

George Floyd is just a pretext for political rioting now.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Yes, I think I have made it clear that there's something wrong with how police interact with the public. Please point out the things that are not true?

I'm not going to waste my time trying to change what you believe. I'm not here to start a debate. It should be up to you to consider having an open mind.

The point is, some of what you have said is not true and people reading your posts regarding police should carefully consider if you actually know what you're talking about.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
There's enough evidence online that shows that police mistreat the public. If you choose not to pay attention that's your problem. But you are witnessing the outcome of ignoring police brutality with the riots.
If you want to choose not to pay attention to the 99.9% of police that treat the public fairly, that's your problem. Just like with any large group of people, some will be bad. Most of the protesters are good. Some of them are bad. Let the police and protesters do their thing, and put the crooked cops and terrorists in prison. Handle these people on a case by case basis.

This is how police interact with the public.
To suggest that police as a whole interact with the public this way is ignorance. Just like the idiot who tweeted, "This is what he meant by #MAGANIGHT."

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I'm not going to waste my time trying to change what you believe. I'm not here to start a debate. It should be up to you to consider having an open mind.

The point is, some of what you have said is not true and people reading your posts regarding police should carefully consider if you actually know what you're talking about.

This is the second time you say "what you have said is not true" I'm trying to have an open mind but you won't say what is not true. I don't get it. If you don't want a debate don't complain about something not been true, and not saying exactly what's not truthful about it. Don't try to change my mind but let other readers know what's false statements I have made.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
George Floyd is just a pretext for political rioting now.

This!!! This moment in history is being used by those that wish to do criminal acts with impunity. Are many cops acting bad, yeah they are, but one bad does not justify another - on either side.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
The other day my wife and I took a drive up to this high end ranch community to take a look at some acreage lots to build on. We weren't really ready to start a building project or anything, but this place in particular piqued out interest.

They had a 6 acre lot that backed up to a national forest. It was 5 minutes from a major interstate and closer, time wise, but not mile wise to the city and the airport than we are currently. Quite frankly an upgrade in every way. It was nice to think about what could be.

On the way home it was kind of sobering... We were both thinking the same thing... If America was on the upswing. If the majority was excited about the future. If the majority got behind freedom and capitalism. If taxes were falling and government was getting smaller... I would have written a check and been a happy man. We would build our dream home.

Instead, we feel as though we are in a bit of limbo. Not sure if we should stay in this country or just leave. Both options will be difficult. It certainly doesn't seem like the time to build the dream house.

The reality is however, we are becoming a country of jealousy and authoritarianism. The same sort of authoritarianism that took Cuba from a once prosperous nation and made them into the pile of rubble they are today. The same sort of authoritarianism and jealousy that turned Venezuela from a once prosperous nation into the pile of rubble they are today.

We feel STOLEN FROM. We grew up with people touting freedom and liberty... We were propagandized about how better America is than the rest of the countries in the world because we are "free" and they are not...

What did Floyd even do to deserve an interaction with police?

Did Floyd get due process? No... They didn't even give him the right to breathe air.

If ANYONE here thinks they have unbreakable rights... You are wrong. You Commit Three Felonies a Day

If they want you in a cage, they will put you in one. If they want you dead, they will call you a terrorist and you'll disappear. They have more guns and resources than you as long as the people are on the side of the government's definition of lawfulness.

iu

I sympathize with what he and other victims of government over reach, brutality, and corruption have been through and continue to go through.

This wasn't some straw that broke the camel's back for us, but it is an example of the government ruining the place we used to love. It sucks.

Now... Rioting? Looting? Vandalism? Stealing? Come on. That is just ruining more of it.

I can understand a fight. A real fight back against authority. Our founding father's did that, but stealing from fellow citizens that are likely as concerned about the circumstances as you are... Ridiculous.

I am with @Ocean Man I am starting to think this is more about just getting free stuff and being part of some camaraderie than it is about honor for Floyd. Destruction doesn't honor anything.

We grew up with people touting freedom and liberty... We were propagandized about how better America is than the rest of the countries in the world because we are "free" and they are not...
I often travel to neighboring countries whenever I live in South Korea and I meet a lot of people staying at hostels. Honestly, it's embarrassing to hear how other countries think of us. And they honestly have a point. America thinks it's way is the right way even though it may not be or there are better ways of doing things. Really resonated with me when you said We propagandized how much better America is better than the rest of the countries but seriously, I find that people hide behind that propaganda. They know America isn't as great as it really is or what it portrays itself as, but people have such a difficult time admitting it.

Not sure if we should stay in this country or just leave. Both options will be difficult. It certainly doesn't seem like the time to build the dream house.
I highly recommend traveling outside of the US for anyone. See the world, different cultures, and ways of life. Traveling alone has led me to question whether I want to live in this country or not. There's so many different places on this planet. And the current situation in America, doesn't help convince me to stay in America either.

I don't have much to say other than that and you really hit the nail on the head with this post, @Kak

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
..the blue line gang...
Those that live in low income neighborhoods irregardless of race are treated like shit by the police. While in the more affluent neighborhoods the police are nicer and calmer.

Let's start with, "Blue line gang?" This is the frame of reference for your mentality toward police. Do you even know what police do on a daily basis apart from what you see, hear, or read on the news? Only the bad things make the news. Do you really want to read about how police went to the little old lady's home and helped put her on the toilet? Yeah, that doesn't make the news.

Secondly, police are often dealing with a very, very, very, very, very small subset of the population. Many times it comes down to handling reports involving low income neighborhoods or people with lower incomes. When people get desperate, they do bad things. They do what they need to do to survive. Sometimes that means they break the law because their attempts at surviving outweigh the cost of the punishment. Remember, legislators dreamed up the laws, not police. Police didn't decide that stealing was against the law. Your elected officials did.

It's a police vs the public issue. The police are trained in a us vs them mentality.

No, they aren't trained in an "Us vs Them" mentality. Police are trained to enforce the law among other things. The "Us vs Them" mentality comes when the public's perception of police is so negatively skewed that police have to self-preserve (sorry if that's not the right word). Police are at an increased risk of suicide because of what they deal with on a daily basis - some of which the general public doesn't know about and absolutely would never, ever want to see.

Here's a list of white people that were killed by police. In all instances the police walked free.

I didn't look at these because it doesn't prove anything. Yes, it happens. What looks bad to you might not actually be criminal in the eyes of a court system. Just because you didn't get the outcome you wanted, doesn't make the police bad or corrupt or whatever else you want to believe is unjust. That isn't for you to decide.

Police militarization, police think they're at war with the citizens and role play as soldiers.

Again, do you know what police do on a daily basis? Every police officer in the United States, every day, every call they handle, every interaction they have with people. And I mean EVERY. ALL. Every single frickin' call, report, incident, investigation. I don't mean the singled out stories that get blasted on the tv. I mean the 20,000 reports for one department, the 132,000 reports from the other, the 2,000 reports from the backwoods, tiny department, or the however many reports major metropolitan police departments handle. The US is currently dealing with 1 very bad incident. Yes, it's bad. 1. ONE. How many reports did the US have that day that didn't go reported?

Police fear for there lives, any sudden movement and they think you're trying to kill them.

I don't know what you do and I don't need to know but I'm going to guess it doesn't require you to put on a ballistic ("bullet-proof") vest in the morning with the potential that you might get killed over the course of your shift. Some police officers wake up in the morning, leave to go to work, and never come home. Take some time to consider the families they leave behind. What if that was your brother, sister, wife, child? Are you willing to put on that vest in the morning?

No community. Most police are random people from around the county, state or city. They have no connection to the places or people they patrol.

This is mostly true. Not always. Doesn't make the idea of police patrolling your neighborhood any less safe. The majority of police understand the oath they took to protect that community and they understand the duty that goes with it.

Police are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Most departments only required a high school diploma. Training is minimal just a few weeks.

This is where you are dangerously wrong. Becoming a police officer is one of the most difficult things to do. In some departments, hiring takes upwards of a year and every aspect of someone's life is ridiculed. For the most part, "most departments" require a 4-year degree, prior experience, or some type of military.

Training is not just a few weeks unless you're some reserve officer. I don't know where you heard of that. Academies can be several months to a year long. Eight hours a day, five days a week for several months. No trainingis going to make you a completely educated person in anything. Do doctors go from medical school directly into brain surgery? No. Some of what they do is on the job training, observing, listening, talking, researching. Same with police. No classroom can prepare a police officer for what they are going to deal with on the street. I will put it this way and I don't know your background or what you've experienced in your life, but, for a general person, you can't even begin to imagine what you don't know about what the police deal with. Again, it's not always what you see on tv.

But how do you enforce the law if you don't know the law? Police need to be on the same level as judges and lawyers because they're at the forefront of the legal system.

I get the sense that you feel like police officers are just mindless nobodies who don't know anything, like they are some kind of bodybuilding meat-head at the gym walking around whacked out on stimulants and steroids. Many police are highly educated individuals with thousands of hours of training in specialized fields.

Maybe you've run into some who aren't but I can tell you that police have a very important job to do that requires them to know more than just the laws. They have to know how lawyers work because they have to know how to direct a court hearing. Police have to try to think 10 steps ahead of a lawyer to try to figure out what objections they are going to make or how they will try to pick a hole in an investigation and any evidence. Trust me, being a lawyer isn't some grand achievement in life. I've met some very smart lawyers and I've met some who make you scratch your head. There is more that goes beyond the judges and lawyers, but I'll leave it at that.

One last thing that you (read: many people) seem to forget. Police are people too. Yes, some do bad things and make mistakes. Nobody is perfect, but holy hell, man. There is a person on the other side of that badge who has to wake up everyday to being hated by everyone because of a job they do. How the hell would you feel dealing with that every single f'ng day.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
This forum can’t foster this type of discussion without it eroding.

I got run out of a park by a cop. I was there kicking a soccer ball around with a young kid. The power thirsty a**hole with a gun decided it would be a good day to pick a fight with an unarmed Dad. Cry me a F*cking River. Respect is earned, not an entitlement. When we were kids we looked up to law enforcement. If they refuse to purge criminals like the Minneapolis murderer from within their ranks they deserve to be met with suspicion and hostility until such a time as people in position of authority can be trusted in all circumstances, not just sometimes.
Dave, I’m not saying what he did to you was right but you gotta understand they follow orders... my cousin is a cop in Canada and he’s ticketed people for being on closed parks. He doesn’t believe in it one bit but he has no choice.

I’m not American so I really can’t speak to the cops there but I feel like this whole “anti police” movement is getting out of hand to the point where people are intentionally being difficult during traffic stops so they can get an Instagram video. Again, cops are people. There’s good. There’s bad. Just like there’s good and bad in every race.

The people committing these riots and looting’s are terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly. There was a video of a group of teenagers jumping a business owner who was trying to protect his store from getting looted. They were stomping on his face when he was defenceless on the ground. Bunch of cowards. And the people around that were recording are even bigger cowards.

Anyone that tries to justify the violent riots and looting’s are siding with terrorists. I hate to say it but the people that are participating in these looting’s are animals and should be dealt with like animals regardless of race/colour. You’re burning the communities that house you. Try that $hit in Dubai and they’ll just shoot every single person. Sometimes those barbaric measures actually work.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
We were propagandized about how better America is than the rest of the countries in the world because we are "free" and they are not...

Really glad you brought out that topic. I have a similar experience,so I decided to share - I am seeing a pattern here).

As a Portuguese who have family in Spain,France and Switerzland(and already traveled to all),I must say I always grew up hearing "America isn't the worst,but it's overrated" which in the last years became "Don't even think about going to America. Big mistake".

It hitted the fan when I heard something similar from my dads' girlfriend - a women who already was in American,in the real estate,and came back to Portugal years ago,to never come back again.

I know one guy who wishes to go the States,especifically to California.

I travel a lot and have a position that ables me to talk almost daily with people from another countries(always Europe). So far, I've meet 2 people who want to go to the States there.

From what I've seen Germany,Netherlands,Canada , Spain,Ireland,England all have hitgher desirability. The only countries worse now are Italy,Greece and for cultural reasons Japan. Basically who thinks about Japan (I know one women) thinks about it because they love the culture. But the same applies to not go to. Also,I guess the most famous statistic of Japan is their suicide rate...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
This forum can’t foster this type of discussion without it eroding.

I got run out of a park by a cop. I was there kicking a soccer ball around with a young kid. The power thirsty a**hole with a gun decided it would be a good day to pick a fight with an unarmed Dad. Cry me a F*cking River. Respect is earned, not an entitlement. When we were kids we looked up to law enforcement. If they refuse to purge criminals like the Minneapolis murderer from within their ranks they deserve to be met with suspicion and hostility until such a time as people in position of authority can be trusted in all circumstances, not just sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!