The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

“You CANT be anything you set your mind to”

Anything related to matters of the mind

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Hey there, welcome fellow Bostonian. I too know of the long drives from Boston to the Cape. Everything in this advice is pure gold so far, and despite some clashing answers, none are wrong.

If I may chime in about the college scenario.

The decision to attend college is not so black and white as the question itself (should I go or not go?) implies.

Here's the thing...

With college, you can basically buy 4 years of free time to work on your ideas... if you get a good deal. Some people, like your sister, are still working on their degree and are over 50k debt. Others graduate with zero debt and a breadth of experience that you won't find in a forum, in your own business, or in a slow lane job.

Your grades in high school not only build character and grit, but correlate directly to dollars. A single 'A' in a class versus a C or D might save you who knows how many thousands of dollars in college.

Why am I talking about college?

Here in Mass you'll find almost 50% of people have a Bachelor's. We have the highest undergrad and advanced degree obtainment in the country, outside of D.C. And our schools are among the best in the country.

If needed, you could spend 2 years at a community college, which will cost you close to nothing, and 2 years at a university (good grades, scholarships, and becoming an RA if needed will basically reduce it to nothing). Just don't let your sister's situation wholly shape your view of what college is, or can be.

IMO college affords you the most free time from 18-22 to work on your ideas, but also creates the most distractions. If you were able to get a good deal, graduate with less than 10k debt, and shield yourself from the huge amount of distractions, you'd be in a really good place at 22.

I only say all this to shed some light on this option. You don't need a degree to solve problems or add value to people's lives. But at the same time, living in a dorm room doesn't exclude you from hustling on a side venture, earning income at a job at the same time, or working on that one big idea you have. Whether or not it is right for you really just depends if you've earned yourself a good deal or not come your high school graduation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Here is a great write-up on EV: Millionaire’s Math

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
1) Keep telling yourself that you cannot achieve anything you want and see where that gets you. My guess is not very far.

2) The power others have on you is the one you give them.

3) In essence, no matter what, you'll end up selling something if you want to live.
If you want to be rich, invest your time instead of selling it.

good luck bud

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.