The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Group for all young entrepreneurs (25 and below) - mastermind type

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
Hey lads,
I was thinking of starting a group for young entreprenurs (25 and below) with a tmf mindset to discuss self development, ideas and to motivate each other and be responsible for each other- being accountable to each other so we can grow.

I am 18, and most of my friends prefer partying and have a very loser-ish attitude. Its difficult to find people with a winner-like mindset and what better place to look for than this forum.

Hit me up if you are interested, or comment below.
What platform would you prefer? Discord, whatsapp?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Hey lads,
I was thinking of starting a group for young entreprenurs (25 and below) with a tmf mindset to discuss self development, ideas and to motivate each other and be responsible for each other- being accountable to each other so we can grow.

I am 18, and most of my friends prefer partying and have a very loser-ish attitude. Its difficult to find people with a winner-like mindset and what better place to look for than this forum.

Hey! I'd be down. I'm 20. Discord would work for me.

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
Hey lads,

Ugh, I feel old now.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
I was only thinking about starting something like this a few days ago. I'm 16 and just crossed 1 million revenue for my new fastlane business as I'm currently selling my 'slowlane' business. Discord works for me or whatever anybody wants tbh.

ho4848

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jul 8, 2019
World Citizen
I was only thinking about starting something like this a few days ago. I'm 16 and just crossed 1 million revenue for my new fastlane business as I'm currently selling my 'slowlane' business. Discord works for me or whatever anybody wants tbh.

That's amazing!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Wtf. Why take away from the forum? Grow some balls, stay here, make some 24 and below posts with action, embarrass yourselves like the rest of us who are learning.. and then show respect to MJ by ADDING value to his forum.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm always amazed by youngsters excluding older people with more experience. You don't tend to hear the older experienced crowd wanting to exclude the younger crowd. Although sometimes that would be desirable.

Forming a group based on mindset and desires for group accountability is good. A lot of the great mentors on this forum are over 25. Maybe they just aren't cool or relatable.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
You’re better off being around older people who have done what you’re looking to do.

You need to learn from experience and mastery and not what looks familiar to you.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Wow 1 million revenue at 16! Keep up the great work man.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Wtf. Why take away from the forum? Grow some balls, stay here, make some 24 and below posts with action, embarrass yourselves like the rest of us who are learning.. and then show respect to MJ by ADDING value to his forum.
I'm amazed at how many people are taking offence to this idea. Just because he wants to start a group with people around the same age on discord doesn't mean that he doesn't want to keep learning on this forum. How does this even have anything to do with "growing balls"?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm always amazed by youngsters excluding older people with more experience. You don't tend to hear the older experienced crowd wanting to exclude the younger crowd.

Maybe they just aren't cool or relatable.

No, it's because the oldies would tell them not to buy that Ferrari and to invest it instead!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm amazed at how many people are taking offence to this idea. Just because he wants to start a group with people around the same age on discord doesn't mean that he doesn't want to keep learning on this forum. How does this even have anything to do with "growing balls"?
No offense. Don't really care either. Just asking questions of the poster for thought.

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia

I dont care about embarassing myself but i wouldnt want to spam the forum with daily/weekly reports of what i am doing to keep myself accountable. Perhaps thats better done through a seperate group.

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
Forming a group based on mindset and desires for group accountability is good. A lot of the great mentors on this forum are over 25.

Thats the purpose of the group. You probably dont even realize what you are doing wrong on a day to day basis, a group just makes it easier for you and even the most basic advice can go a long way for someone our age.

And i dont know about you old guy, but i would rather have a group of people my age to hold me accountable and do shit rather than not having one. Most people our age are not into this sort of stuff and its easy to get distracted.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Thats the purpose of the group. You probably dont even realize what you are doing wrong on a day to day basis, a group just makes it easier for you and even the most basic advice can go a long way for someone our age.

And i dont know about you old guy, but i would rather have a group of people my age to hold me accountable and do shit rather than not having one. Most people our age are not into this sort of stuff and its easy to get distracted.
No problem. I was just offering up a different view.

It also seems that your reasoning is telling you something as well.

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

Posting here takes more effort, courage, and unselfishness than sharing your ideas to a tiny group of “safe” ppl. It’s intimidating af to share new ideas with seasoned veterans.

However, there are many young, successful entrepreneurs on the forum who do. If you start a little group away from the forum, it becomes an echo chamber of ppl just like you. Meanwhile, you just completely neglected adding value to the one place on the internet that inspired you. It doesn’t make any sense. I’m not offended by your plans as much as I’m rolling my eyes at them. It’s asinine to me to cut out the greatest benefit this forum offers - experience.

I get wanting a smaller group to make friends or accountability.. I’ve seen lots of ppl attempt that. It’s nice.. but it rarely helps them grow. Meanwhile, getting advice and encouragement from ppl who have ACTUALLY gone ahead of you? That changes lives.

But whatevs.. have fun in your lil kid club. Blah. I’m making coffee.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I dont care about embarassing myself but i wouldnt want to spam the forum with daily/weekly reports of what i am doing to keep myself accountable. Perhaps thats better done through a seperate group.

It’s not considered spamming the forum creating a progress thread with daily/weekly reports. If you took the time out to look you would see that it’s actually encouraged.

I’ve seen lots of spin off groups develop off of many forums over the years. Those little cliques rarely last the test of time, they just fizzle out and turn to dust.

Hey lads,

Reading your post it comes across as you are here just to poach under 25’s for your own startup community, which seems very disingenuous to me, but that’s how I’m reading it.

After all mindset, self development, responsibility and accountability are 4 major pillars of this community and I can’t think of a single forum that covers them better. So why you feel the need to try to mimic that outside a proven vehicle is just beyond me.

AWOJI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 17, 2019
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Hey lads,

This is a good idea. I'm 20 and I would appreciate something like this because I tend to procrastinate quite a lot. I'd like to be accountable this year. Big ups for this idea.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
First thing First: Read Demarco's all books.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I joined a couple of "young people" discords. They all parrot the same information from gurus. The Tim Farris types, Robert Kiyosaki, etc. It's not bad content, it's just nothing useful beyond the original message.

I have 4 business partners now, in various industries. One is 7 years older than me. The rest are 30+ years older.

What I appreciate about the 30+ guys, is they kick my a$$ on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
That thought was with me , too: making a group, a forum, like this one and maybe hit something and maybe grow a business out of it.
It wouldnt be a good place here, when it wouldn’t make people thinking that way!

When your ot idea really is only a joungster community, than have fun! But remember flf lateron!

Pulling people after 3 weeks looks a bit clumsy for me. Sorry, when I m wrong.

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
It’s not considered spamming the forum creating a progress thread with daily/weekly reports. If you took the time out to look you would see that it’s actually encouraged.

I’ve seen lots of spin off groups develop off of many forums over the years. Those little cliques rarely last the test of time, they just fizzle out and turn to dust.

Reading your post it comes across as you are here just to poach under 25’s for your own startup community, which seems very disingenuous to me, but that’s how I’m reading it.

After all mindset, self development, responsibility and accountability are 4 major pillars of this community and I can’t think of a single forum that covers them better. So why you feel the need to try to mimic that outside a proven vehicle is just beyond me.

The purpose was the opposite infact; to make friends with people who have the same mindset towards life. Yoy may be right; the group probably bites the dust in a couple of weeks.

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
Posting here takes more effort, courage, and unselfishness than sharing your ideas to a tiny group of “safe” ppl. It’s intimidating af to share new ideas with seasoned veterans.

However, there are many young, successful entrepreneurs on the forum who do. If you start a little group away from the forum, it becomes an echo chamber of ppl just like you. Meanwhile, you just completely neglected adding value to the one place on the internet that inspired you. It doesn’t make any sense. I’m not offended by your plans as much as I’m rolling my eyes at them. It’s asinine to me to cut out the greatest benefit this forum offers - experience.

I get wanting a smaller group to make friends or accountability.. I’ve seen lots of ppl attempt that. It’s nice.. but it rarely helps them grow. Meanwhile, getting advice and encouragement from ppl who have ACTUALLY gone ahead of you? That changes lives.

But whatevs.. have fun in your lil kid club. Blah. I’m making coffee.

That hit hard. It does take alot of courage to share your ideas here and risk making a fool out of yourself. Then again there's no harm in trying to create a group to make friends with people who share the same mindset.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.