The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook has Wrongly Blocked my URL - How Should I Respond?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Robin Andrews

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jun 16, 2019
UK
My website domain has been blocked due to a mistake where I posted the same article multiple times trying to get the image crop right. My FB business page, Compucademy, is also blocked from sharing content, presumably because it is associated with my website domain.

I've spent a lot of time researching what can be done about this, and the upshot is "apparently nothing." FB cannot be contacted beyond "leaving feedback" which they state they will not respond to.

I tried to get round the block by using a different domain name that I have pointing to my actual website - no joy, it was picked up immediately. I've also probably ruined that domain name for future use with FB too.

Another alternative might be to move all my content onto a different URL and redirect all traffic to the new domain. However, I don't know for sure if this will work and it may negatively effect my SEO.

Apart from having a long hard think about anti-fragility, what should I do to respond to this event?

My current approach has been to disable my FB account and lick my wounds. However, most of my blog view were coming from FB, and now if anyone tries to share my links on FB they will be told my site is "against community standards". It all seems like a bit a nightmare, at a time when my audience growth was just staring to take off.

Does anyone have some advice please about how to deal with the situation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
If nothing helps write Mark a long letter. Maybe someone reads it there.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
First of all congrats on your business. It is funny FB did some rather shady things 4 years ago so they have one set of rules for themselves and one for others.

But you seem to have a very realistic grasp of what your challenge is and everything you throw at it may also get the hammer.

If you did any advertising then they also have another trail to connect you to those web properties.

But life goes on.

I remember I joined a lot of groups one after another before a launch and was all excited to begin all my tactics and strategies and got hit with a 2 week timeout on FB.

I know a prominent very popular and successful Internet Marketer who was paying me for a service and he shared his Paypal accounts were shut down. We just used TransferWise.com

Life goes on. We find a way. Your market also hangs out other places and I am confident you will find those places.

Last edited:

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I had something similar happen. Look up their help page on Google. Scroll around and to find a live chat box, with a phone number you can call.

Here's the kicker...

The phone number only appears for some people and not others. And it's completely random.

So if you don't see it, get your friends to look at it. If they don't see it either, pay someone who does, and have them reach out on your behalf.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sophie_Leonard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 26, 2019
UK
You can try running your website through the Facebook Debugger. Facebook Debugger tool is built to help identify any errors that Facebook is reading from your website and help provide information on what needs to be fixed to unblock your link. From there, you can also get help from the Facebook Developers team to make your website compliant and help Facebook systems detect it as safe.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.