The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An unpopular perspective (video) regarding the response to C0VlD-19

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
I am a small business owner, and The Response is hitting my business hard.
I also enjoy pondering philosophy, human rights, etc.

These are some thoughts from yesterday, what portions are untrue, inaccurate or otherwise lousy thinking?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQh6GxJCKnc

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California

These are some thoughts from yesterday, what portions are untrue, inaccurate or otherwise lousy thinking?

View attachment 32114

You Sir are spot on. The only thing I would say is that even if the medical system was well prepared and had all the proper equipment it still wouldn't change things in my opinion. We are taking away peoples freedoms on the possibility that they MAY have a virus. If you have the virus and intentionally expose others that is a crime and should be punishable (think intentionally giving someone HIV). However we cannot lock people up because they MIGHT spread something. It's like thought police. Can we arrest people on the premiss that they may commit a crime at some point in the future? No. My freedoms end where yours begin and when my freedoms are not intentionally encroaching on yours then I should still be free to act. People are so consumed with fear that all rational has gone out the window and so many are so quick to give up their own freedoms and strip them from others.

The virus is not scary to me personally. My wife is a doctor on skid row for the homeless. She has already contracted COVID and has already recovered and back to work. What is extremely scary to me is the reaction from half of the population who are so willing to turn their lives and freedoms over to the government in the HOPE that it will provide safety for themselves. We have lost all personal responsibility.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas

View attachment 32114
My question is, where was all the concern last year or ANY other year?
C0VlD-19: Approximately 109,823 deaths reported worldwide; 20,608 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 12, 2020.*
Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Stats from John Hopkins Click Here for page

Last edited:

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California
My question is, where was all the concern last year or ANY other year?
C0VlD-19: Approximately 109,823 deaths reported worldwide; 20,608 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 12, 2020.*
Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Thats too rational, we can't think rationally. No one will give up their freedoms unless is fear driven.

And of those 109,000 COVID deaths, how many were related to various other issues but also had COVID. How many immunocompromised by cancer, or hear disease, Diabetes, the list goes on and on. We've already seen and been told that anyone who dies WITH COVID is marked as dying FROM COVID.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Thats too rational, we can't think rationally. No one will give up their freedoms unless is fear driven.

And of those 109,000 COVID deaths, how many were related to various other issues but also had COVID. How many immunocompromised by cancer, or hear disease, Diabetes, the list goes on and on. We've already seen and been told that anyone who dies WITH COVID is marked as dying FROM COVID.
Note that the numbers are looking much lower for Covid19 than the regular NO NAME flu.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas

Yes they could have had cancer, diabetes, heart condition, kidney disease, COPD, dementia or any combination of conditions which were life threatening but if they had flu symptoms, they died from Covid19. How convenient......

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California
Yes they could have had cancer, diabetes, heart condition, kidney disease, COPD, dementia or any combination of conditions which were life threatening but if they had flu symptoms, they died from Covid19. How convenient......

This has been a moral issue for my wife who is seeing doctors being forced to write cause of death as COVID. Each day she tells me of some new story she personally deals with where this increasingly being used to inflate the numbers even against doctors orders. Not to mention they rarely report the age or health history/status of those who die.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
This has been a moral issue for my wife who is seeing doctors being forced to write cause of death as COVID. Each day she tells me of some new story she personally deals with where this increasingly being used to inflate the numbers even against doctors orders. Not to mention they rarely report the age or health history/status of those who die.
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark," When things don't add up for me, alarm bells start ringing in my head. The question is usually,"Who does it benefit?" and if you just want to know why? Just follow the money!

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark," When things don't add up for me, alarm bells start ringing in my head. The question is usually,"Who does it benefit?" and if you just want to know why? Just follow the money!

Excellent observation.
  1. Government warns of crisis A, with the help of media.
  2. Government offers a solution to the crisis.
  3. Government requires that their subjects give up some freedoms “temporarily.”
  4. Government borrows money from central banks.
  5. Government grows more powerful.
  6. Government provides many sloppy “solutions” to the crisis and describes how bad things would have been if they had not intervened.
  7. The crisis that was never that bad in the first place is forgotten.
  8. The freedoms “temporarily” removed are not returned.
  9. The central bank loans remain.
This scam is repeated with various crises, and each time the less-informed 99% of civilization falls for it. While we must recall the wisdom of the stoics not to worry over that which we can not control, we do owe it to ourselves, as intelligent beings, to at least be able to spot the scam.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Excellent observation.
  6. Government provides many sloppy “solutions” to the crisis and describes how bad things would have been if they had not intervened.
This scam is repeated with various crises, and each time the less-informed 99% of civilization falls for it. While we must recall the wisdom of the stoics not to worry over that which we can not control, we do owe it to ourselves, as intelligent beings, to at least be able to spot the scam.
Really at this point does the debt even matter anymore? Who the heck thinks it will EVER be paid back the concept is laughable now. It's just key strokes on a keyboard. Oh we are going to give you $6 Trillion of something we will NEVER pay back to anyone because we really don't "borrow" it from anyone.

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California
Excellent observation.

This whole thing reminds me of the Patriot Act. They used fear to push the largest breach of personal privacy and people praised it.

What amazes me is how many Americans have become so complacent, and so dependent upon an ever expanding government that when a "crisis" does hit a massive amount of the population is now broke and dependent upon the government to provide for us. This should be a wake up call to everyone who has been effected. This includes myself. We should have never gotten ourselves into a situation where we could not sustain ourselves for any extended period of time WITHOUT income. Why do so many not have savings, emergency funds, 6 months worth of income. This has all been huge jolt for me. The realization that your paycheck isn't guaranteed and it's ultimately up to you to prosper. Not another handout. Many have merely accepted slavery to the state.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
This whole thing reminds me of the Patriot Act. They used fear to push the largest breach of personal privacy and people praised it.

What amazes me is how many Americans have become so complacent, and so dependent upon an ever expanding government that when a "crisis" does hit a massive amount of the population is now broke and dependent upon the government to provide for us. This should be a wake up call to everyone who has been effected. This includes myself. We should have never gotten ourselves into a situation where we could not sustain ourselves for any extended period of time WITHOUT income. Why do so many not have savings, emergency funds, 6 months worth of income. This has all been huge jolt for me. The realization that your paycheck isn't guaranteed and it's ultimately up to you to prosper. Not another handout. Many have merely accepted slavery to the state.
I always ask myself this question,"What do you want to be, a victim or a victor?" You can't be both. I only focus on what other people do to the extent that it may affect me. As far as the Gov goes I find that they have a limited influence on my life (usually taxes and regulations). In my life the biggest factor regarding my outcomes is ME so I work on that primarily as it has the largest affect on MY life.

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
Really at this point does the debt even matter anymore? Who the heck thinks it will EVER be paid back the concept is laughable now. It's just key strokes on a keyboard. Oh we are going to give you $6 Trillion of something we will NEVER pay back to anyone because we really don't "borrow" it from anyone.
I agree about it being keystrokes. The government has borrowed sooo much money "on our behalf" from the FED already. It blew my mind when I finally read about the FED a couple of years ago. I had only known bits and pieces, and wow, what a mess. I suspect that when the new centralized digital currency is forced upon us in upcoming years, the kazillions that are owed the FED will be absorbed into the new "money."

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
I agree about it being keystrokes. The government has borrowed sooo much money "on our behalf" from the FED already. It blew my mind when I finally read about the FED a couple of years ago. I had only known bits and pieces, and wow, what a mess. I suspect that when the new centralized digital currency is forced upon us in upcoming years, the kazillions that are owed the FED will be absorbed into the new "money."
At this point the only value money has (and always had) is our believing that it actually has value. As long as the clerk at Starbucks hands us a coffee when we give them $10 all is well. LOL

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Reminds me of Tulip Mania!
Tulip mania reached its peak during the winter of 1636–37, when some bulbs were reportedly changing hands ten times in a day. No deliveries were ever made to fulfil any of these contracts, because in February 1637, tulip bulb contract prices collapsed abruptly and the trade of tulips ground to a halt.[36] The collapse began in Haarlem, when, for the first time, buyers apparently refused to show up at a routine bulb auction. This may have been because Haarlem was then suffering from an outbreak of bubonic plague. The existence of the plague may have helped to create a culture of fatalistic risk-taking that allowed the speculation to skyrocket in the first place;[37] this outbreak might also have helped to burst the bubble.[38]
Sound familiar? Just contrast this with the stock market and Covid19

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.