The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Considering quitting my job.

This isn't nothing, working in a gym aswell....

Lots of people...

Dont know what the right thing to do is.

Los Angeles announced they are closing all gyms today. Not sure where you are at but I can see this happening in many cities soon.

Until then I would call off if that's an option to avoid the risk. Good luck

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Inimitable

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jan 25, 2016
NC
No one here is taking this nearly seriously enough. Local businesses are setting up 'day camps' for the kids who are out of school. Parents are planning playdates and going to the park. I understand the need for church services, but there are so many here still meeting in person.

Since people won't listen, it seems like a lockdown is imminent. My Facebook news feed is still full of people who think this is a hoax or no big deal.

I'm staying in as much as possible, but I still need to go to OB appointments. I also need to take my dog to the vet on Friday, which is giving me tons of anxiety. He has a serious eye condition (uveitis) that can cause him to go blind if it's not monitored. He also needs a fasting blood test because his last blood test showed the possibility of lymphoma or another type of malignancy. If this new test doesn't come back normal, he will probably need an abdominal ultrasound. I know to some he's *just* a dog, but he's part of my family.

My husband has cut way back on outside work, but he still needs to take care of emergency situations with his contracting jobs. Anything else, he's trying to hold off on or do on off-peak hours whenever possible.

I'm getting nervous about elective procedures being cancelled at the hospitals. My last birth led to a c-section because of my daughter being too big, and this baby is on track to probably be just as big, if not bigger. I don't get to see my regular OB again until the end of next month because I have to 'meet' all the others in the practice through my next few appointments. Last time we talked, he said I could try for natural if I want to, but he would probably lean toward a c-section if he were me. I hope that constitutes necessity enough.

These times are incredibly difficult.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hmmmm... forgive my honesty here yea?

I think y’all are seriously underestimating the damage that UNreliable social media, constantly antagonistic news media, and thousands of apocalyptic movies have done to shape the public’s mind on this.

They don’t trust anyone. They don’t care about stuff until it affects them.

This doesn’t seem real.

Let me repeat that.. this. doesn’t. seem. real. to. regular. people.

Instead of shouting from the rooftops about the statistics (which won’t make a dent to anyone who doesn’t trust where the numbers come from) we need more videos and interviews from people who are in these cities, from survivors, from ppl on the ground..so to speak.

I actually respect a lot of you more just because of your passionate determination to help the public. That said..

I’ve gone back and forth about all this stuff just trying to get a clear picture and I’m still not 100% convinced about any of it. Sorry if that’s frustrating... but I know I’m not alone.

If I’m wrong, then every time I leave my house I’m endangering other people. If I’m right, then it doesn’t matter.

I don’t want to argue with any of you.. I just want to kindly point out that if you’re trying to communicate your message -Stay Home, Isolate Now, Social Distancing - you need to maybe switch techniques.

Because it doesn’t make sense. Germs are tiny and millions of Americans just flooded grocery stores. Can you imagine how many times a self-check out credit card machine was touched over the weekend? The authorities are saying that we shouldn’t gather in groups of more than 50 ppl but how many ppl were RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER in Costco yesterday?? In Target? In Walmart??

If it wasn’t across the country before..it most definitely will be soon.

Entire countries are debating about the best course of action right now. I remain unconvinced about what that is.

I DO believe that if you wanted to mitigate the panic of 300 million people WHO WILL DEFINITELY BE AFFECTED you would delay sharing these sobering facts while giving them something “meaningful” to do so they can feel in control of the disaster and not become unruly.

A lot of great points made here.

89467463_10221657645414686_1653564333105348608_n.jpg

Mindset matters.

Messaging matters.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
So who here has changed their daily life so far?
Going back to this, the biggest thing I've done is to stop visiting my parents. I used to go there almost daily, but if I brought something with me I wouldn't be able to forgive myself... probably ever. I socially distance, but I've done enough of that in my life for it to not be a biggie.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA

I think y’all are seriously underestimating the damage that UNreliable social media, constantly antagonistic news media, and thousands of apocalyptic movies have done to shape the public’s mind on this.

This doesn’t seem real.

Instead of shouting from the rooftops about the statistics (which won’t make a dent to anyone who doesn’t trust where the numbers come from) we need more videos and interviews from people who are in these cities, from survivors, from ppl on the ground..so to speak.

I actually respect a lot of you more just because of your passionate determination to help the public. That said..

I’ve gone back and forth about all this stuff just trying to get a clear picture and I’m still not 100% convinced about any of it. Sorry if that’s frustrating... but I know I’m not alone.

If I’m wrong, then every time I leave my house I’m endangering other people. If I’m right, then it doesn’t matter.

I don’t want to argue with any of you.. I just want to kindly point out that if you’re trying to communicate your message -Stay Home, Isolate Now, Social Distancing - you need to maybe switch techniques.

Because it doesn’t make sense. Germs are tiny and millions of Americans just flooded grocery stores. Can you imagine how many times a self-check out credit card machine was touched over the weekend? The authorities are saying that we shouldn’t gather in groups of more than 50 ppl but how many ppl were RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER in Costco yesterday?? In Target? In Walmart??

Entire countries are debating about the best course of action right now. I remain unconvinced about what that is.

I DO believe that if you wanted to mitigate the panic of 300 million people WHO WILL DEFINITELY BE AFFECTED you would delay sharing these sobering facts while giving them something “meaningful” to do so they can feel in control of the disaster and not become unruly.
I know this is still data techy, but:

Countries that got medieval and locked everything down experienced a .5% overall death rate. Those that didn't have a 5% death rate. That's a pretty big difference.

Even though our government isn't locking everything down yet we can still isolate ourselves voluntarily as much as possible.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Honest question:
Why Guns?

A lot of you guys have posted pics and discussed ammo and guns and really nonchalantly chat about how "ready" you are for this virus lockdown. >>> Went to buy a new gun and supply up with lots of ammo. Proud of the work you did making your home into a gun-ready bunker for...

For what?

This is a genuine question. I admit to ignorance on this one.

I've heard twenty times more gunfire here in rural Washington in the last 4 years than I ever heard living in LA for 25 years. (Witnessed a driveby getaway moments after hearing gunshots in '03, also lived through the riots of '92, and in '07 my home was raided by armed cops because of a confused kindergarten teacher at my kid's school) -- so clearly I have reasons to be uncomfortable.

Nobody's gonna "stand your ground" against the CoronaVirus.
It's the #coronapocalypse, not the Zombie Apocalypse.

Governor of Washington just ordered bars and restaurants to shut their doors. And there's chatter in the "neighborhood" websites of people starting to talk super crazy about arming themselves against...

Against whom?

Do you gun-toting Fastlaners live in mansions needing private security? Who you gonna shoot? Someone coming for your toilet paper? Are you hunting for food rather than heading to Trader Joes? Putting a bullet through a petri dish of CV?

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

This doesn’t seem real.

Well the problem with interviews is that most of the survivors are in china right now, and the interviews in chinese. But here's one from the UK:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oqvJ3iXGI

Here's one that's translated to English:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piT4dapfHLU

An English-speaking Chinese man talking about his experience with SARS (Coronavirus is a type of SARS):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hemI-0ltWjY

I mean yea, this whole panic almost certainly made things worse. I don't think any of these health organizations intended that to be the outcome or predicted it; but we're also in uncharted territory. When you've done something 20 times, you can predict the response. But this stuff no one has experienced so it's harder to predict. I think they were hoping that by telling people all these things they would just take safety measures and just be more careful. That's not what happened. There was a panic. There are no toilet paper on the shelves despite there being no evidence that anyone is going to be doing any more shitting (i mean aside from the diarrhea, but i don't suspect that was the cause of the TP panic lol)

I don't think this was the response anyone predicted. Everyone is amateur at this so the results are chaotic.

But it's a good point.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The thing is that, unless a vaccine/cure has been found, the governments cannot let down their guard on this. We've seen this in every country so far : it can explode from a harmless 3 case total to what is happening in Italy and Iran now. Btw, looking at Italy's numbers on Worldometers is really batshit insane. Either their numbers are unusually high or China has been under-reporting previously, and I feel it's both.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I know this is still data techy, but:

Countries that got medieval and locked everything down experienced a .5% overall death rate. Those that didn't have a 5% death rate. That's a pretty big difference.

Even though our government isn't locking everything down yet we can still isolate ourselves voluntarily as much as possible.
This isn't a perfect measure because of a bunch of data-nerdy issues, but the comparison between South Korea and Italy is stark:

Current numbers from Johns Hopkins University:

South Korea:
Infected: 8162
Deaths: 75

Italy:
Infected: 24747
Deaths: 1809

in Italy, doctors were forced to turn people away who desperately needed ICU beds. They just didn't have them available. South Korea didn't have that problem.

South Korea was strict. Italy carried on as normal.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-03-15 223603.jpg
    Annotation 2020-03-15 223603.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 11

Torsten

want to get paid while learning ;-)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
Here I ike to share a different view on the current situation for discussion.

What do you think?

Somehow we have a viral phenomena - not only by the virus itself.

Our society is used to live in abundance since decades.
Is the fear of loosing control over the freedom bigger than the health effects on the humans?

The video is in german, but no worry subtitles help ;-)
BTW: not best translated - Not insides. Insights!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AyuhbnPOI&t=391s

Premixedd

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 13, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
I have been trying to decide wether or not I should stay home for a few weeks from work. My employer sent out a statement saying they will pay for up to two weeks of leave at 75% of wages IF YOU ARE SICK or show symptoms.

The real problem for me is that I have a 3 month old at home, along with my 4 year old son and wife. I used to have mild asthma as a child, but after so many years it has been non existent. I work in close proximity with over 25 people, some who use public transit to commute to and from work every day.

Taking the leave at 75% wages for two weeks would hurt us financially and put a dent in our savings, but money comes second to my families health and well being.... I could easily just say that my sons school has been cancelled and that I am concerned for my well being and take the two weeks.

I’m just not sure if I am convinced that Arizona is “there” yet.... and by that I mean, I’m not sure if this exact moment is the time to start quarantining myself and my family, or if I wait to see if there are more local reported cases first. I know this is airborne and that sounds stupid and it’s not proactive, but as a working class citizen I have to use my “silver bullets” wisely.

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Here I ike to share a different view on the current situation for discussion.

What do you think?

Somehow we have a viral phenomena - not only by the virus itself.

Our society is used to live in abundance since decades.
Is the fear of loosing control over the freedom bigger than the health effects on the humans?

The video is in german, but no worry subtitles help ;-)
BTW: not best translated - Not insides. Insights!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AyuhbnPOI&t=391s

This is interesting, but why are Italian hospitals suddenly struggling with extreme overcrowding ?

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Had been staying away from even talking/thinking about this virus since this whole thing has started, it is frankly fear based, yes thousands have died, yes thousands/millions may die, but guess what, people die everyday. A friend was deeply worried last week and I told him not to worry about it, we are all going to do die of something. As I told my friend last week, the real threat if we get into an emergency situation will not be so much this virus but other people.

The government/media/people are not realizing that so much "sky is falling" is starting to spook people, was at the supermarket tonight and the shelves are starting to show bare. I could see the look of fear as people were panic buying(including myself). I'm now having to consider not so much this virus but the irrational fear/spooking that is slowly starting to happen, that actually is a real/bigger threat. Our supply lines are basically JIT , so there isn't as much slack/reserve as people assume there is. I now had to establish a food reserve/get my guns/go on a defensive posture, etc, not because of this virus, but because I see people getting spooked/fear, people do dumb things under fear.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and get a hold of themselves, we are all going to die at some point, accept that and then move on with life.

Torsten

want to get paid while learning ;-)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
This is interesting, but why are Italian hospitals suddenly struggling with extreme overcrowding ?

Yes, good question.
Just to know, did you go the last 5 years as you caught a "simple" cold to a hospital or made a medical appointment because of that? What if now fear is driving you towards this decision more than the years before? What if masses are now more in fear than before - which I can understand?

I do not want to trivialize the actual situation and potential risks for the health of anybody. It is just to broaden the perspective on the phenomen we are currently facing.

Today, people are much stronger living in an information bubble thanks to social media - everybody is surronding him- or herself with self selected information sources and discussion groups than in other periods.

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
The increased demand for disposable masks caused their shortage in the pharmacy chain. It's time to remember the old, centuries-tested way, to sew a gauze bandage with your own hands. This is easy. In addition, if the bandage purchased at the store can be worn safely for no more than 2 hours and cannot be reused, then the bandage sewn from gauze can last much longer. It can be worn for 3 hours, and in addition, it can be washed, ironed and reused.

Method: A mask consists of ordinary medical gauze folded in four layers. Between the layers of gauze, you can lay cotton wool (but then the mask can no longer be washed). The amount of cotton should be such that the bandage does not make breathing too difficult. The standard dressing has a rectangular shape and four ties. We measure the gauze length in such a way that the bandages are praised for the girth of the head and also for tying the ends of the bandage.

The vertical dimensions should be such that the bandage covers the mouth and nose. The upper corners of the gauze rectangle should extend almost to the ears, and the lower part of the bandage should cover the chin. The two upper ties should extend over the ears and tie at the back of the head. The two lower bandages should pass under the ears and also be tied at the back of the head. It is necessary to change a medical cotton-gauze bandage every 3-4 hours.

The gauze bandage can and should be washed. And before the next "use", be sure to iron it!

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Had been staying away from even talking/thinking about this virus since this whole thing has started, it is frankly fear based, yes thousands have died, yes thousands/millions may die, but guess what, people die everyday. A friend was deeply worried last week and I told him not to worry about it, we are all going to do die of something. As I told my friend last week, the real threat if we get into an emergency situation will not be so much this virus but other people.

The government/media/people are not realizing that so much "sky is falling" is starting to spook people, was at the supermarket tonight and the shelves are starting to show bare. I could see the look of fear as people were panic buying(including myself). I'm now having to consider not so much this virus but the irrational fear/spooking that is slowly starting to happen, that actually is a real/bigger threat. Our supply lines are basically JIT , so there isn't as much slack/reserve as people assume there is. I now had to establish a food reserve/get my guns/go on a defensive posture, etc, not because of this virus, but because I see people getting spooked/fear, people do dumb things under fear.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and get a hold of themselves, we are all going to die at some point, accept that and then move on with life.

During the US-Iraq war, some of my friends were for it, and some were against it. I eventually realized that all the people who were pro-war had one thing in common - they had nothing to lose in the war. All the people who were against it had a child that was draft-age, or they themselves were. This test was 100% accurate.

I have a new theory about COVID19. All the people who say "get over it", "nothing to worry about", etc, are under the age of 40, where the mortality rate is only 0.2%. Are you under the age of 40?

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
So, apparantly Trump wants to get the exclusive rights to a vaccine the german company CureVac is currently working on. Mind you, exclusive rights for the US, so in other words, he only wants to help the US citizens with something a European company is developing, instead of letting them help the whole world with this possible vaccine.

CureVac said they are not interested in selling the vaccine exclusively to one country. They want to develop a vaccine for the whole world, not just for one country.

Other than that, all schools in most federal states are closed for the next 5 weeks from today on. Today will probably be announced that all cinemas, public swimming pools, and the like will be closed. Also most sport facilities like football clubs and martial arts studios and the likes have decided to close or, in case of leagues, end the season.

There are some false news circulating in social media that created some panic, one that I received was, that on monday all stores will be closed, including supermarkets, except that they will be open for 2 hours a day, another message said, ibuprofen would increase the chance of a serious progression of the disease. Both messages have been declared as fake by now by official sites.

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
I'm getting nervous about elective procedures being cancelled at the hospitals. My last birth led to a c-section because of my daughter being too big, and this baby is on track to probably be just as big, if not bigger. I don't get to see my regular OB again until the end of next month because I have to 'meet' all the others in the practice through my next few appointments. Last time we talked, he said I could try for natural if I want to, but he would probably lean toward a c-section if he were me. I hope that constitutes necessity enough.

Trauma and maternity care is not considered elective. I’m expecting in towns large enough that they may designate some hospitals as CoVID hospitals and designate a few as other care for maternity and trauma care.

this is because we don’t have enough protective gear, and we don’t want uninfected people to get infected. We can help with both situations by just having dedicated COVID hospitals.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Honest question:
Why Guns?

A lot of you guys have posted pics and discussed ammo and guns and really nonchalantly chat about how "ready" you are for this virus lockdown. >>> Went to buy a new gun and supply up with lots of ammo. Proud of the work you did making your home into a gun-ready bunker for...

For what?

This is a genuine question. I admit to ignorance on this one.

I've heard twenty times more gunfire here in rural Washington in the last 4 years than I ever heard living in LA for 25 years. (Witnessed a driveby getaway moments after hearing gunshots in '03, also lived through the riots of '92, and in '07 my home was raided by armed cops because of a confused kindergarten teacher at my kid's school) -- so clearly I have reasons to be uncomfortable.

Nobody's gonna "stand your ground" against the CoronaVirus.
It's the #coronapocalypse, not the Zombie Apocalypse.

Governor of Washington just ordered bars and restaurants to shut their doors. And there's chatter in the "neighborhood" websites of people starting to talk super crazy about arming themselves against...

Against whom?

Do you gun-toting Fastlaners live in mansions needing private security? Who you gonna shoot? Someone coming for your toilet paper? Are you hunting for food rather than heading to Trader Joes? Putting a bullet through a petri dish of CV?

I have no intention of ever shooting anyone. It is deterrence and last resort protection. if or when government breaks down, or if put in a threat situation, I know that police can not protect me. So, I am always prepared to protect myself. People resort to primal instincts if social normals break down.

I guess it’s part of a personal philosophy. I don’t put trust in governments, if sometimes they come through, fine...at all times I will be prepared to care for myself and my family regardless of anything government is doing. It’s all about CONTROL.

nowap

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Jan 24, 2020
There are some false news circulating in social media that created some panic, one that I received was, that on monday all stores will be closed, including supermarkets, except that they will be open for 2 hours a day, another message said, ibuprofen would increase the chance of a serious progression of the disease. Both messages have been declared as fake by now by official sites.

In one of his last videos, dr Campbell (Dr. John Campbell) suggested that in Italy, fever (temperature) reducing medication is used A LOT. While in this case, it could actually make the situation worse (since at higher temperatures, your bodies immune system works better, and the virus is less effective).

In Iran, the use of steroid based drugs is high, which could also explain partly the high death rate (he gets info from reliable sources around the world).

Edit: more info here:
View: https://youtu.be/EuWo5lmWuZI

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A bit of anxiety is necessary for people to change their habits.

VDP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 11, 2019
After 4 days I am feeling better. My fever peaked yesterday after that I felt, like I was recovering. Mom who is in her 50's also has a slight fever and been a bit sick for days. I pray that it will go away in a few days max just like it did for me. Really suspect. Last time I was sick for days I was a kid. Really suspect being sick now when the outbreak is happening here.

Luckily none of us has seen my elderly dad. Both me and my mom have seen my grandparents a week ago. At this point, I'm still extremely optimistic but all the sings are there. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

NCNY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2019
Here in Israel thing got serious quickly, we "only" have 250 confirmed cases but severe action already happend.

Almost no tourists allowed, ANYONE coming from anywhere abroad goes into 2 weeks quarantine.
Entire school,kindergarden and university system shutdown - almost 3 million kids and students stay at home.
No gathering over 10 people allowed, anyone who breaks this rule will be fined 5000 ILS (about 1500$), anyone who needs to be in quarantine and goes out will be fined 5000 ILS and will risk a felony.

ENTIRE entertainment business sector shutdown - restaurants only allow TA or deliveries, no bars, no venues, no live shows, no hotels, malls are not allowed to open. Over 150,000 people were sent to unpaid vacation for unknown timeframe (and im talking about 150,000 in a country of 9 million minus the 3 million kids and students).
The smart ones have emergency money fund to last a couple months, the less fortunate now facing a very serious problem where they have no way to pay their bills.

I support all of my goverment's regulations because we do not want to become Italy v2.
Hundreds of thousands of people will be jobless and in debt and tens of thousands of businesses will bankrupt.

The pandemic is real and only major action will lower the impact.

I personally think that the US made a huge mistake not taking action before, and it's going to explode in few weeks - the relatively small amount of confirmed cases in the US is a direct cause of the absurdly low amount of testing, there are probaly tens of thousands if not more people carrying the virus already.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
A friend who’s mother is in Italy just told me they had the best part of 400 deaths yesterday.

Just googled it:

“Italy saw 368 deaths bring its total to 1,809, Spain recorded 97 more deaths for a total of 288, and France reported 29 deaths, giving a total of 120. The UK also saw a single-day record , with 14 new deaths and a total of 35.”

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Non-preppers angry at preppers because non-preppers called preppers panicked until non-preppers panicked and tried to prep but they were too late.

People who normally buy 1 week of toilet paper who bought 3 weeks worth last week weren’t greedy or panicked, they were smart. People who mocked them then are fighting in Costco parking lots now.

Remind me who the dumb ones are?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This doesn’t seem real.

Watch this video:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Singularity University (FREE) Multi-Day COVID19 Virtual Summit
(Starts in about 3 hours)

https://www.crowdcast.io/e/C0VlD-19-virtual-summit

That is the sign up page for anyone interested. It also has a breakdown of the speakers.

March 16th-18th

Day 1 – March 16, 2020 (Pacific Time)
8:45am – 9:00am
Opening Remarks – Adam Hofmann
9:00am – 9:45am Everything you need to know about C0VlD-19, tracking epidemics, and vaccine development strategies – Dr. Divya Chander
10:00am – 10:45 am Perspectives from Responding to Other Outbreaks including SARS, Monkeypox, and Influenza – Dr. David Bray
11:00am – 12:15 pm State of the Global Response to C0VlD-19 – Dr. Daniel Kraft
12:30pm – 1:00pm: A practical guide to staying healthy during C0VlD-19 – Nell Watson
1:15pm – 1:45pm Slowing contagion – Amory B. Lovins
2:00pm – 2:45pm Curing Diseases & DNA – Raymond McCauley
3:00pm – 3:45pm Pandemics and resilient cities – Dr. Robert Muggah
4:00pm – 4:30pm Leadership in the Time of C0VlD-19 – Elie Losleben
4:35pm - 5:05pm Bold Choices and Rapid Innovation - Julia Cheek
5:05pm - 5:20pm Wrap up – Adam Hofmann

Day 2 – March 17, 2020 (Pacific Time)
9:00am – 9:10am
9:10 - 9:55 How crowdsourcing and mobile devices helped to monitor epidemics during the 2014 World Cup and Olympics 2016 – Onicio Leal Neto
10:00am – 10:30am Digital Identity in Times of Epidemic – Dr. Mariana Dahan
10:40am – 11:10am Food for Earth: unleash the regenerative power of food during and beyond the CoronaV-ERA – Sara Roversi
11:20am – 11:50am Emerging Digital technologies for Epidemic management: obstacles, opportunities and outcomes – Dr. Sonny Kohli
12:00pm – 12:30pm How can you use data to monitor your lifestyle (from food to exercise) to boost your body’s resilience against diseases? – Sabine Seymour
12:40pm – 1:30pm Why Authoritarianism is Bad for Public Health – Alex Gladstein
1:40pm- 2:15pm The Future of Safe Living in Self-Reliant Neighborhoods – James Ehrlich
2:20pm- 2:55pm Are New Genetic Technologies a Match for the Coronavirus? – Jamie Metzl
3:00pm – 3:30pm How AI can be leveraged for the increasing threats of future pandemics – Bradley Twyham
3:45pm – 4:30pm Polarizing the positive and negative of pandemics and putting it into action – Lisa Andrews
4:30pm – 4:45pm Wrap up – Adam Hofmann

Day 3 – March 18, 2020 (Pacific Time)
8:20am – 8:30am
8:30am - 9:05am Crisis Mode Education: How to Make the Most of Learning in a Global Pandemic - Jos Dirkx
9:15am – 10:00am Five Ways Your Leadership Must Change To Thrive With Remote Work – Charlene Li
10:15am – 11:00am Remote & Distributed Work During Crises – Gary A. Bolles
11:15am – 11:45am Using Virtual Worlds in a Time Of Travel Disruption – Aaron Frank
12:00pm – 12:30pm Opportunities for more automation and remote delivery of goods and services – Peter Xing
1:00pm – 1:45pm Updates from the field: How governments and organizations are responding – Dr. Eric Rasmussen
2:00pm – 2:45pm Strengthening your company's resilience against existential threats – Chipp Norcross & Paul D. Roberts
3:00pm – 3:45pm Fake news and media’s role in global emergencies – James Del
4:00pm – 4:45pm How you can take action during times of uncertainty – Christina Gerakiteys
4:55pm – 5:40pm Complexity: How leaders can navigate unpredictable situations – Catherine Brown & Chipp Norcross
5:40pm – 6:10pm Closing Thoughts – Dr. Tiffany Vora

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!