The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I hate Trump more than most. But this is still funny, and this thread could use a little funny.

89847845_10156782131531932_8416281582389690368_n.jpg

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
View attachment 31131

Glad we can all shoot in this house, and have skeet shooters and CC holders and other sensible people for neighbors.

Fascinating, after 25 years of the internet we're finally realizing that we have the ability to handle menial tasks from home. I think this is going to change the way we do things from home and crucially, like @Lex DeVille said it's going to make the US realize that many people can work from home just fine.

It's clear this thing was circulating here in the US at the same time shit was going down in China. There are probably thousands who had it in Jan/Feb and just thought it was the flu.
This video from the article is mindboggling.

I honestly can't wait for the lockdowns. At least in cities. I think rural areas won't really need them.

Climate change has been in the media for years. The world was supposed to have ended 20 times already due to climate change.
Well climate change is a problem too. Granted it's blown out of proportion by the hippie liberals, but it definitely is an issue. I saw a statistical analysis that showed there are like 3 other things that are more dangerous than climate change, but it's still an issue.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Would you say you are more prepared or less prepared than the people in this picture?

I just don't understand that at all. I am assuming that they live in a city. If it gets so bad out there that they need even 1/5th of what they have stacked up I am pretty sure the rest won't do them any good.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Would you say you are more prepared or less prepared than the people in this picture?

1584317705429.jpg
A week ago people were posting pictures of their Rolex as status symbols. Now it's Toilet Paper and Ramen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Gargling any alcohol over 80 proof will be more effective than salt water gargling if and when people get a sore throat.

That's my kind of cure. 80 proof is minimum around here. The stuff in the home lab is 190 proof... at that level they call it "culinary solvent" lol.

I wonder to what extent, if any, extra vitamin D production helped in fighting off the infection?

Actually, that's supposed to be a factor in flu seasonality.

Orders of magnitude more. Those are idiots.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Puerto Rico Under Lockdown

This is now at our front door. It's Draconian but a proactive action IMO. We don't have many confirmed cases, but provided it's out there, the island's health system isn't really built to handle this.

Some things going on...
-Curfew from 9pm-5am. Nobody allowed outside except for emergency personnel.
-During the day...only grocery stores, pharmacies, hospitals, banks, the airport, and restaurants serving take-out/delivery food is allowed to be open. Everything else is shut down.
-$5k fine and 6 months imprisonment for violation.

Effective until March 30th.

Good. Time to get work done.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Here's some good news. They closed the 2 emergency hospitals in Wuhan.

So they were only open what, 5 weeks or so?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

Bunch of barbies. These guys are LARP'ing. Serious shooters don't mess around with high capacity drum mags. They're generally unreliable and you're not going to be running even a standard capacity rifle magazine dry in a gun fight.

The all black get up is a dead giveaway these guys are playing dress up. Groups of serious preppers don't run around looking like ninjas. They dress like average people, perhaps with some bit of flair to add an air of uniformity (i.e. a common hat, an armband or the like). Those with the capability to act don't generally want that to be known, as that makes them a target.

If I see guys like this running around my neighborhood, chances are high someone is going to shoot them from a second story window and take their shit. They look like marauders more than they're there to help and will probably be dealt with as such.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Puerto Rico Under Lockdown

This is now at our front door. It's Draconian but a proactive action IMO. We don't have many confirmed cases, but provided it's out there, the island's health system isn't really built to handle this.

Some things going on...
-Curfew from 9pm-5am. Nobody allowed outside except for emergency personnel.
-During the day...only grocery stores, pharmacies, hospitals, banks, the airport, and restaurants serving take-out/delivery food is allowed to be open. Everything else is shut down.
-$5k fine and 6 months imprisonment for violation.

Effective until March 30th.

Good. Time to get work done.

Be safe my friend. Please keep us updated on the situation on the ground.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Likely none. UV radiation typically kills bacteria and viruses. Want to disinfect a package from amazon put it outside for several hours, make sure to turn it over.
There’s a fair amount of evidence that vitamin D helps the body with anti viral response. Do you know otherwise?

I should add that this seems to be most prevalent In persons deficient in vitamin D, which happens to be most people in the northern latitudes.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Damn dude. I think you can just close the airport. Planes won't fly without authorization. No need to send in the troops the wholesale murder citizens. "I'll save lives by slaughtering these people waiting in line at the airport!" Come on!

Sorry, I lost my cool when I saw how the international travel issue is making the situation far worse.

Now what to do about a country's citizens that were outside the boarders, say on vacation or biz travel? Do we let them come home? If not, how are they cared for while overseas. If there's no air travel how do they get home?

Set a cut-off date that is effective 2 weeks from the annoucement date, for them to return home. That is far more than enough time.
After that, the borders of their home country will be sealed off indefinitely, so whatever happens to them is anyone's guess. They've been warned. Situations like this calls for aggressive measures. Thinking back, China's heavy-handed lockdown is actually highly effective.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
There’s a fair amount of evidence that vitamin D helps the body with anti viral response. Do you know otherwise?

I should add that this seems to be most prevalent In persons deficient in vitamin D, which happens to be most people in the northern latitudes.

I’ve actually been looking for years for proof any supplemenut makes any difference for the average person. I’ve never found a reasonably valid study to demonstrate it does. I would love to find real valid proof something does. I would consume the shit out of it.

This is a generic article, but in-line with what I’ve seen.

Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Likely none. UV radiation typically kills bacteria and viruses. Want to disinfect a package from amazon put it outside for several hours, make sure to turn it over.

The following is from an article about the Spanish flu. (Medium) It’s not about sunlight but about proper ventilation/outdoor air vs. indoors.

“Patients treated outdoors were less likely to be exposed to the infectious germs that are often present in conventional hospital wards. They were breathing clean air in what must have been a largely sterile environment. We know this because, in the 1960s, Ministry of Defence scientists proved that fresh air is a natural disinfectant.[5] Something in it, which they called the Open Air Factor, is far more harmful to airborne bacteria — and the influenza virus — than indoor air. They couldn’t identify exactly what the Open Air Factor is. But they found it was effective both at night and during the daytime.

Their research also revealed that the Open Air Factor’s disinfecting powers can be preserved in enclosures — if ventilation rates are kept high enough. Significantly, the rates they identified are the same ones that cross-ventilated hospital wards, with high ceilings and big windows, were designed for.[6] But by the time the scientists made their discoveries, antibiotic therapy had replaced open-air treatment.”

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I’ve actually been looking for years for proof any supplemenut makes any difference for the average person. I’ve never found a reasonably valid study to demonstrate it does. I would love to find real valid proof something does. I would consume the shit out of it.

How about this one?
Or this other one?

Or the one I posted further up that comments on causation.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

I have to disagree, to an extent. While it makes sense that vitamin and mineral supplementation in non-deficient persons provides no benefit, it would make sense that supplementation in deficient persons provides benefit, no?

Doctors routinely prescribe vitamin D supplementation in patients who test deficient.

Since it’s proven that people in northern latitudes are typically deficient in vitamin D, and also that adequate serum levels of vitamin D are necessary for proper immune response, wouldn’t it make sense for likely-deficient people to supplement vitamin D?

More so it would it hurt to supplement vitamin D “just in case?”

There is also some existing documentation regarding sodium selenite and the immune response against viruses.

I’m not looking for a doctor’s go ahead per se, but should it be recommended people supplement these substances as a cheap insurance policy?

Regardless, if one falls ill they should consult their PCP no matter what they are supplementing.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Thinking back, China's heavy-handed lockdown is actually highly effective.

Good. People aren't listening.

Btw, there are some decent subreddits for news if you use reddit

This made me happy that even Fox News is stepping up:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
If you're under 40, do whatever you want to do.

View attachment 31144
Your posts have been great thus far, but this is bad advice imo. People under 40 have sustained permanent organ damage. Aside from that, every one person who gets it gives it to an average of two. Even aside from myself and my family, I don't wanna be the guy who gives it to Jim, who gives it to Sally who gives it to Mary's mom who WILL die from it. The "f--- it... i'll be fine' attitude ignores other people and I think our civic responsibility to do anything we can to put the brakes on this thing.

Considering quitting my job.

This isn't nothing, working in a gym aswell....

Lots of people...

Dont know what the right thing to do is.
Take off. If they fire you there may be a lawsuit there. Look into it.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Your posts have been great thus far, but this is bad advice imo. People under 40 have sustained permanent organ damage. Aside from that, every one person who gets it gives it to an average of two. Even aside from myself and my family, I don't wanna be the guy who gives it to Jim, who gives it to Sally who gives it to Mary's mom who WILL die from it. The "f--- it... i'll be fine' attitude ignores other people and I think our civic responsibility to do anything we can to put the brakes on this thing.

people don’t really think of the statistics.

I tell people if you came from a small high school, pick one person you want to die and 5 more to have permanent heath problems.

If you came from a medium size high school, pick two people you want to die and 10 more to have permanent heath problems.

If you came from a large high school, pick threr person you want to die and 15 more to have permanent heath problems.

that’s the reality for young people. It is not negligible, it is not huge either. But in that context I hope people understand this will impact everyone in lots of different ways.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Take off. If they fire you there may be a lawsuit there. Look into it.

Yeah, I removed it about a minute after posting it.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So who here has changed their daily life so far?

I have to admit, I just do whatever I want. It was nice to go to Home Depot today, a Saturday, and there was about as many people there as an average Tuesday morning.

I have gone out to eat several times. I will go to church tomorrow. I’ll probably play golf after.

Maybe I should be more afraid of it, but am just not.

I have been more conscious not to touch my face while out and about. I wash my hands when I get home. I wipe out phone down once or twice a day. I take advantage of the hand sanitizer in public places. I also have plenty of food and consumables to stay home for a month if need be. I am just as heavily armed as usual. I don’t lick random people. That’s about it.

Have most people seriously isolated themselves? Not saying it is stupid or anything... I just haven’t gone to those extremes.
I look at social distancing the same as voting during an election. Each vote doesn't matter much. Taken as a whole, though, they determine the course of history.

One person continuing life as normal is no big deal. Everyone doing it? We will see exponential spread and cataclysmic collapse of the healthcare system.

its important that most people do their part and stay home.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
FFS. My moron housemates just don't get it. They're generally clean and tidy guys, but not worried about the virus nor being prepared. They don't use the anti-bac soap that I bought for everyone

Then today, they both knock on my bedroom door, one asking me if I have any paracetamol because he has a headache and ferling sick and the other asking if he knows where an iphone repair shop is because Apple is closed now. I show him on my phone from google maps and the mtherfcker grabs my phone and touches it all over to see. Didn't quite know what to say lol, I was just dumbfounded. Been asking them to wash hands and they've seen me use anti-bac wipes, so why they think it's ok to breathe sickness into my room and touch my shit is beyond me.

I'm starting to lose it.

I'm ready to go Howard Hughes crazy over here lol.

I don't mind helping people but if they're just being too lazy then it's super frustrating. Literally no supplies or medication that may be needed because they think it's funny people are concerned.

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Hmmmm... forgive my honesty here yea?

I think y’all are seriously underestimating the damage that UNreliable social media, constantly antagonistic news media, and thousands of apocalyptic movies have done to shape the public’s mind on this.

They don’t trust anyone. They don’t care about stuff until it affects them.

This doesn’t seem real.

Let me repeat that.. this. doesn’t. seem. real. to. regular. people.

Instead of shouting from the rooftops about the statistics (which won’t make a dent to anyone who doesn’t trust where the numbers come from) we need more videos and interviews from people who are in these cities, from survivors, from ppl on the ground..so to speak.

I actually respect a lot of you more just because of your passionate determination to help the public. That said..

I’ve gone back and forth about all this stuff just trying to get a clear picture and I’m still not 100% convinced about any of it. Sorry if that’s frustrating... but I know I’m not alone.

If I’m wrong, then every time I leave my house I’m endangering other people. If I’m right, then it doesn’t matter.

I don’t want to argue with any of you.. I just want to kindly point out that if you’re trying to communicate your message -Stay Home, Isolate Now, Social Distancing - you need to maybe switch techniques.

Because it doesn’t make sense. Germs are tiny and millions of Americans just flooded grocery stores. Can you imagine how many times a self-check out credit card machine was touched over the weekend? The authorities are saying that we shouldn’t gather in groups of more than 50 ppl but how many ppl were RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER in Costco yesterday?? In Target? In Walmart??

If it wasn’t across the country before..it most definitely will be soon.

Entire countries are debating about the best course of action right now. I remain unconvinced about what that is.

I DO believe that if you wanted to mitigate the panic of 300 million people WHO WILL DEFINITELY BE AFFECTED you would delay sharing these sobering facts while giving them something “meaningful” to do so they can feel in control of the disaster and not become unruly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.