The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is a weird, refreshing feeling. - American Military Guy

KenCorigliano

TCMethod
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jan 29, 2020
Washington DC area
First off if you are reading this, thank you. Thank you so very much for being one of the exceptional few who genuinely have interest in others, their backstory, empathy, and human connection.

I am a career military officer who started off enlisted. I emerged from failing two high schools and being expelled to earning many coveted awards. I joined the Air Force in 1999 with the hope of cleaning myself up and earning my place in society, as even my recruiter likened me to a parasite on society. I was only taking not giving; I was in survival mode. He said we must give, give of ourselves, to find ourselves and thus be valuable to the world. I told him to send me in the dirtiest, greasiest, lowest job available. I needed to use my two hands, work ethic, dedication, and mental vision to get myself ahead and earn my place in society. I read voraciously, fixed my poor grammar, posture, and wanted to be the best person who shows up each day. I volunteered to do all the worst jobs and stayed until they were done. I was a Crew Chief on a C-130. It was a backbreaking, dirty, and sometimes thankless job. But when the plane flew, I felt gratitude. I had reinvented myself.

With those skills, I won Airman of the Year, Professional of the Year, an Air Medal, and a Medal from the President for Heroism. I was also given a commission to be an officer.

I then again started over reinventing myself--this time as an officer and a gentleman. I wanted only to serve and every day was thankful I wasn't laying in a gutter somewhere or in prison, so I looked for every opportunity to serve and volunteered for as many things as possible. I started working out and training. I've been to nearly a dozen National and World Championships and have won two World Championship invites, one was on Netflix, you can watch me. Ask me and I'll tell you where.

I am also a brain injury survivor and suffered a lot of pain as a result of a deployment to Iraq. I was forced to find myself again and heal myself by learning all about the human body, mind, and spirit. I am now the strongest, smartest, and most determined I've ever been. It's been through learning from some of the world's best minds and applying them with my own two hands. I seek out and apply the best advice in the world. I am a prolific contributor to those in my community, the folks who work in the shadows to protect this nation's interest and preserve pluralism and capitalism.

Now as I reach retirement I look ahead at and reinventing myself. I found it in the book Unscripted . MJ talks in a language and style (especially his audiobook guy) that is completely in coherence with myself. Plain, to the point, and gets me energized. I am thankful for him. I am ready to turn on the laser discipline, insight, and ethics that have gotten me where I am now.

I am ready to LIVE the American Dream. I know the future of value creation in society is about human-to-human interaction and self-to-self discovery and I have developed years of necessary skills and knowledge in these areas. Because of the recovery process, I love myself far more, now that I know how amazing it is be human. As a result I love humanity and the world far more and feel I must serve a greater good, but also live on my terms now.

If you've read this far, here is the punch line. I feel a bit of regret. I see how my life was compartmentalized by the Script and packaged as serving others and being compliant. It's been tremendously difficult to come to terms with what is in the book and how I've lived my life. Part of me feels misled and lied to. Another part of me still feels that gratitude and fulfillment from a life of service. Years of government service doesn't set people up to be Unscripted , nor does it grow many of the skills to become that way.

I am scouring this forum and have read the massive book three times. I would love any wise words and anecdotes from your journey to lived Unscripted and if you too have had your own inner journey.

Ken

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
First off if you are reading this, thank you. Thank you so very much for being one of the exceptional few who genuinely have interest in others, their backstory, empathy, and human connection.

I am a career military officer who started off enlisted. I emerged from failing two high schools and being expelled to earning many coveted awards. I joined the Air Force in 1999 with the hope of cleaning myself up and earning my place in society, as even my recruiter likened me to a parasite on society. I was only taking not giving; I was in survival mode. He said we must give, give of ourselves, to find ourselves and thus be valuable to the world. I told him to send me in the dirtiest, greasiest, lowest job available. I needed to use my two hands, work ethic, dedication, and mental vision to get myself ahead and earn my place in society. I read voraciously, fixed my poor grammar, posture, and wanted to be the best person who shows up each day. I volunteered to do all the worst jobs and stayed until they were done. I was a Crew Chief on a C-130. It was a backbreaking, dirty, and sometimes thankless job. But when the plane flew, I felt gratitude. I had reinvented myself.

With those skills, I won Airman of the Year, Professional of the Year, an Air Medal, and a Medal from the President for Heroism. I was also given a commission to be an officer.

I then again started over reinventing myself--this time as an officer and a gentleman. I wanted only to serve and every day was thankful I wasn't laying in a gutter somewhere or in prison, so I looked for every opportunity to serve and volunteered for as many things as possible. I started working out and training. I've been to nearly a dozen National and World Championships and have won two World Championship invites, one was on Netflix, you can watch me. Ask me and I'll tell you where.

I am also a brain injury survivor and suffered a lot of pain as a result of a deployment to Iraq. I was forced to find myself again and heal myself by learning all about the human body, mind, and spirit. I am now the strongest, smartest, and most determined I've ever been. It's been through learning from some of the world's best minds and applying them with my own two hands. I seek out and apply the best advice in the world. I am a prolific contributor to those in my community, the folks who work in the shadows to protect this nation's interest and preserve pluralism and capitalism.

Now as I reach retirement I look ahead at and reinventing myself. I found it in the book Unscripted . MJ talks in a language and style (especially his audiobook guy) that is completely in coherence with myself. Plain, to the point, and gets me energized. I am thankful for him. I am ready to turn on the laser discipline, insight, and ethics that have gotten me where I am now.

I am ready to LIVE the American Dream. I know the future of value creation in society is about human-to-human interaction and self-to-self discovery and I have developed years of necessary skills and knowledge in these areas. Because of the recovery process, I love myself far more, now that I know how amazing it is be human. As a result I love humanity and the world far more and feel I must serve a greater good, but also live on my terms now.

If you've read this far, here is the punch line. I feel a bit of regret. I see how my life was compartmentalized by the Script and packaged as serving others and being compliant. It's been tremendously difficult to come to terms with what is in the book and how I've lived my life. Part of me feels misled and lied to. Another part of me still feels that gratitude and fulfillment from a life of service. Years of government service doesn't set people up to be Unscripted , nor does it grow many of the skills to become that way.

I am scouring this forum and have read the massive book three times. I would love any wise words and anecdotes from your journey to lived Unscripted and if you too have had your own inner journey.

Ken
Welcome, Ken! Thanks for the great intro!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
You already have an inspiring story. I look forward to your further posts.

Welcome.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Great story Ken. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

What was the hardest part of re-inventing yourself when you joined the Airforce?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

iwant53million

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 21, 2020
Your story inspires me Ken, thanks for sharing with us your journey to self rediscovery. I am on a similar path except that I won't be joining the military to be of service to humanity and earn my place in the society. Unscripted is helping me set my goals right, I'm glad to be here. Welcome to the community!

KenCorigliano

TCMethod
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jan 29, 2020
Washington DC area
Great story Ken. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

What was the hardest part of re-inventing yourself when you joined the Airforce?
Never thought about that. But the answer surfaced instantly.

It was convincing myself I wasn't my past. I'm not my thoughts (which still perpetuated undesirable behaviors), I am my actions. I am not my past, but the path to my future.

Period. Convincing myself I was worth it and I can do it. That was tough.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...