The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google Search vs Display Ads metrics

Marketing, social media, advertising

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
I have been running a successful google search PPC campaign for my business for many years. Recently I have been experimenting with Google display ads to try to extend my reach (in addition to remarketing ads). Does anyone have any insight as to what sort of conversion rate & cost to expect in relation to a search campaign? I have a 10% CTR and 7% conversion rate with my search ads. Cost per conversion is around $200.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I have been running a successful google search PPC campaign for my business for many years. Recently I have been experimenting with Google display ads to try to extend my reach (in addition to remarketing ads). Does anyone have any insight as to what sort of conversion rate & cost to expect in relation to a search campaign? I have a 10% CTR and 7% conversion rate with my search ads. Cost per conversion is around $200.

There's a lot of factors that will affect this. Audience targeting, ad copy, devices, etc.

I typically get .5-1.5% CTR and 1-3% conversion rates. Cost per conversion $30-$60. Higher is possible, but you won't hit anything close to your search conversion rates. Which makes sense because those people are looking to take action.

Hope that helps.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
How much is your cost per conversion for search ads?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
How much is your cost per conversion for search ads?
I have clients in all kinds of verticals, so this probably won't help. $7-$250.

For the ones that I also do display ads for, I typically get a comparable conversion cost to search ads, give or take 25%. If the display ads don't get me close to the search ads, I usually turn them off. And that actually happens often. I didn't think to mention that earlier.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
What bidding method do you prefer? I have it set to maximize conversions, but I dont have any conversions yet.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What bidding method do you prefer? I have it set to maximize conversions, but I dont have any conversions yet.

I prefer the bidding method that works the best for the campaign we are running.

Google has told me, and my tests have born it out, that you need a decent amount of conversions for this strategy to work. What's a decent number? 2-3/day, in my world, roughly 50-60 in 3 weeks.

I track my cost per lead religiously, and I do run some campaigns on max con with less conversions than that, but not often.

Try manual bidding or bidding for clicks until you get some conversions in the pipeline, then switch it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.