The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pricing product (on Amazon) for maximum profit

Marketing, social media, advertising

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Hi people,

I am selling this product on Amazon with little competition. I am trying to figure out at what price to sell it for. The idea was to measure every week how much I sell for X price and then decide which pricing gives the most profit.

The problem I have is that even if I don't change the price of the product, the sales volume differs from week to week. How should I go about testing/finding out what price gives the most profit? Maybe even measing per month could give different sales with the same price..

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanLewis

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Keep increasing by a little every few days, once you see sales go down drop the price back down a bit. Only do this onve yourproduct is well established tho

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Hi people,

I am selling this product on Amazon with little competition. I am trying to figure out at what price to sell it for. The idea was to measure every week how much I sell for X price and then decide which pricing gives the most profit.

The problem I have is that even if I don't change the price of the product, the sales volume differs from week to week. How should I go about testing/finding out what price gives the most profit? Maybe even measing per month could give different sales with the same price..

Thanks in advance!

When I was selling a lot on Amazon, I used Split.ly to do this for me. They run the test until their is a statistically significant outcome either way. Check it out here: Amazon AB Testing & Split Testing – Optimize Your Product Listings | Splitly

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
If your product is differentiated, go from underpricing to overpricing (compared to the average offer). If nobody knows about the product. A lower price to get sales to get visibility .... to up the price and get profitable sales later.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
When I was selling a lot on Amazon, I used Split.ly to do this for me. They run the test until their is a statistically significant outcome either way. Check it out here: Amazon AB Testing & Split Testing – Optimize Your Product Listings | Splitly
Thanks a lot. I actually said Amazon because it is the most known platform, but the platform I am selling on is not Amazon but very similar. So this software would not work. Could you maybe tell me how to recognize a statistically relevant outcome?
Split test it...
Thank you. See my response to amp0193. Maybe you can help me with this?

As far as the rest of the comments, thank you for the effort but as I said, sales vary even on a week by week basis with the same pricing.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Thanks a lot. I actually said Amazon because it is the most known platform, but the platform I am selling on is not Amazon but very similar. So this software would not work. Could you maybe tell me how to recognize a statistically relevant outcome?

I'm not a statistics guy, that's something you're going to have to google.

Basically though... you're going to need to split test on a consistent time basis. Price 1 for a week, price 2 for a week, price 1 for a week, price 2 for a week.

And do this until you have enough data that the sale fluctuations are irrelevant, and you can reasonably determine which price is better. Depending on volume, this might take a month, or if sales are slow it could take 4-5 months.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Maybe this will help you

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Basically though... you're going to need to split test on a consistent time basis. Price 1 for a week, price 2 for a week, price 1 for a week, price 2 for a week.

Maybe this will help you

Thanks a lot guys, I know what to do for now!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.