The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

6 things I'm going to do more of this year

Anything related to matters of the mind

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
There have been a number of 2020 posts. Typical of the changing seasons, holiday decorations, and cheer behind us and the upcoming greyness. Now is the best time to take this time to improve and carry it through when the weather improves and the day brightens.

A good way to view improvement not to label something I’m doing ‘wrong’ to begin with; but with the intention of being better than yesterday.

Focusing on ways to improve yourself will lead to improvement in every other space including entrepreneurship, health, and even your relationships with people.

How I intend to ensure I improve my behavior and how you can too.

Waking Up Earlier -

MJ has posted a few times about the miracle morning. One of the biggest benefits of waking up early is the ability to get stuff done before everyone else is awake and you can enjoy your day stress free since you’ve accomplished a number of tasks. The tasks you could be doing are exercising, blogging, meal preparation, mediation, reading, and many more especially if you’re a true entrepreneur.

I will be getting up on a regular basis at 4 am. (I usually go off to work at 6:00 am) giving me 2 hours to do the other things on this list and exercise.

Having a Journal or Blog -

I intend to have a blog and will be updating it on a regular basis. I have a very short term memory but I do enjoy writing, keeping track, and posting things that I experience and learn. I’ve always had some sort of journal and I’ve been starting to log into a dotted notebook and letting my creative side go on it.

I don’t intend to spend more than 30 minutes of my day but It’s much more about documenting what I’ve done then clarifying what I’ve learned and sharing it.

Reading Books : Fiction and Nonfiction -

I am already a big time reader and it is a great way to learn new things and relax.

For me reading is a calming activity and helps me wind down and almost enter a meditative state.

Personally I’m going to start taking notes in a journal when I read nonfiction books because I’ve read so many and I’ve noticed some important topics don’t stick. When I write things down they have a better tendency to stick .

Taking more courses related to my career -

Personally I’ve graduated with a BS in chemistry and I have an MBA in business as well. I still feel like I don’t know a damn thing and I’ve loved my experience with Udemy and Lynda(now Linkedin Learning) when it came to developing my Web Design and Online Marketing Skills.

Now I’m going to be a bit more task oriented and take courses that will help me reach my goal. This year I will take courses regarding 5S and Lean Manufacturing to learn standards and big businesses approach to manufacturing.

I would suggest to anyone to keep learning and udemy/linkedin learning to expand your skills. If you don’t have cash to drop for a structured course, there are a number of tutorials on youtube that can help you just as good as some of the courses I’ve taken.

GET FEEDBACK, and be receptive -

This is a personal problem but I’m pretty sure that I’m not alone on this. I constantly work on things and be content with my work and pass it onto my customer. I don’t like to ask for feedback, but feedback is the fastest way to grow and get better with what you are trying to improve with.

Even harder than asking for feedback is to keep your emotions in check. If you are anything like me, I’ll be open to most feedback but sometimes people will say something that’ll just sting and it’ll take every ounce of your energy to really try not to reject what they have to say.

Listening to more Podcasts -

(bit of sarcasm here for those who know me on here) :p

Ps… For those who dont know me.. I’m deaf and have no way of listening to any podcasts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Great list. I'm also looking at implementing/getting better at a few of these.

I've always wanted to journal and have started a few times but I find it hard to make the habit stick. I don't like the idea of using an actual physical journal because I feel that I would hold back on my thoughts if I knew someone else could find it and read it. I've also tried in evernote before as well but it's a pain to have to get the laptop out each night (I don't usually touch it once I pack it into my backpack after work).

I'll also be taking more classes related to my business . I signed up to Masterclass a couple of months ago and will be going through most of the business related classes as well as some of the cooking ones.

I slacked off a bit with reading toward the end of last year. I started several books that just didn't click with me and found myself filling my nightly reading times with time wasting activities like scrolling through reddit or facebook. This year I'd like to read at least 40 books/audiobooks

My nightly meditation also took a back seat to these other time wasting activities so that's something I'll also be looking at re-establishing.

I'll be spending the next week writing down some long term and short term visions, then establishing some goals to make them a reality and then nutting out the systems/habits I'll need to put in place to reach the goals.

I'll be interested to hear what everyone else is planning to change in their lives this year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.