The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Skill that can make $2000 a month?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Better question: what problem bothers someone enough each month for them to happy pay $2K to make it go away?

macandroid

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 12, 2019
I would recommend (basic) web design. I generally make anywhere between €2000 to €9000 per month doing this and have literally done so while traveling the world and living in different countries including the states, south africa, the philipines and spain.

Congratulations on your success. The biggest problem for me is selling the websites. Would you be kind enough to share some techniques that you use to make sales, please?

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
Better question: what problem bothers someone enough each month for them to happy pay $2K to make it go away?
or 20 people 100 dollars
or 200 people 10 dollars
or 2000 people one dollar

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlueMoon

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Jun 3, 2018
Earth
Congratulations on your success. The biggest problem for me is selling the websites. Would you be kind enough to share some techniques that you use to make sales, please?

I would not consider it a success but that is a matter of definition.

There are no techniques - do great work, build up a portfolio, share your knowledge and do cold acquisition if you have to. Life gives no shortcuts.

deckthehalls

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Dec 2, 2019
Why not throw a simple WordPress site up and write ten detailed articles about topics you're interested in, learn about SEO and do basic optimization on the pages. This would impress a lot of people that are hiring for more entry level remote jobs and also help build your profile for freelancing!

Check out this guide and the other articles on his blog

@TommyG Holy crap! This has to be some of the best practical/actionable advice I've seen in the (okay to be honest.. very short) time I've been on this forum! Thank you so much Tommy. This is something I'm definitely going to do.

Elbowgrease

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 8, 2019
Just thought I'd share my ten penneth as I was in the exact situation as you and pulled it off.

I was floundering from action fake to action fake through most of 2018 - building half-assed sites, reading success books, trying (and failing) to learn to code.

I was also half-heartedly looking for remote jobs, while living in Asia and teaching English part-time. Unfortunately I didn't really have many digital skills except for being a decent writer and having a passing familiarity with SEO and basic marketing.

I was reading Unscripted , and one piece of MJ's advice really struck me: sometimes the best thing you can do is get a damn job, to learn valuable skills and get to know an industry. After that I really put more effort in.

Soon after I landed an (unpaid) 3 month part-time digital apprenticeship with a fully remote SAAS tech startup. After a month they asked me to come on full time as a writer for $2000 per month. A year later I'm leading marketing for the company - in charge of the blog, podcast, newsletters, SEO, social media, content marketing and paid advertising. It's been one of the most challenging but rewarding years of my life actually, and I feel a lot of things really starting to click now. It's great that I can take this work anywhere around the world, the team and boss are awesome, and I'm also starting to see business opportunities all the time!

So I would say becoming a good writer is one of the lowest barrier skills that is in tremendous demand. Lots of companies pay good writers several hundred dollars for a decent article, and as long as you can speak well and think logically you can be a good writer. It is also one of the foundational skills for being good at a lot of other aspects of marketing IMO!

Thanks MJ, you prompted me to start a whole new career.
How did you find that job?

The Patriot Way

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Sep 19, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
How did you find that job?

I'm wondering this, too. I can write very well naturally, although I can't find a way to sell it other than through e-books, although it seems erotic trash is the main genre that sells. Would be great to hear from @TommyG for more details on finding a writing job.

BlueMoon

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Jun 3, 2018
Earth
Hi! In an earlier thread You need a lot more ca$h than you might think, you seemed to have other thoughs on the subject. What changed your mind? What was your personal process? How long has the journey been, to where you are now? Thanks (Don't want to put you on the spot!! Just curious :)).

Good question.

I still stick to my point I made there: $100k/€100k in the states/western europe is just F*cking nothing, period. The cost of living has increased so dramatically that you will never be able to buy your way out so to say. However, if you love what you do, it will change things.

The question posted here was related to skills that 1) you can do remote and 2) will allow you to be paid $2000+/month. With basic web development/digital marketing services you can easily do that if you have a basic clientele and portfolio.

As for me, I'm looking to upgrade my skills and really go big. I'm tired of doing custom web dev. work for ungrateful clients all the F*cking time. I want a product to sell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted67963

Good question.

I still stick to my point I made there: $100k/€100k in the states/western europe is just F*cking nothing, period. The cost of living has increased so dramatically that you will never be able to buy your way out so to say. However, if you love what you do, it will change things.

The question posted here was related to skills that 1) you can do remote and 2) will allow you to be paid $2000+/month. With basic web development/digital marketing services you can easily do that if you have a basic clientele and portfolio.

As for me, I'm looking to upgrade my skills and really go big. I'm tired of doing custom web dev. work for ungrateful clients all the F*cking time. I want a product to sell.

As a dev consultant my self i'm doing ~6k/m but I totally agree with you I'm tired AF to code for others, and want to sell my own products and diversify my incomes (either digital or physical).

Draperism

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 2, 2016
Custom software development - my experience. If you can develop mobile apps, then it is more then 2k per months. In this case you can work remotely and have a career path in the future

Does It need to have previous experience as programmer?
How long does it take to build a decent learning curve from scratch?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.