The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let's see thinks differently...

tys

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 12, 2019
Hi

I am Stefan and I live in the UK. I came across TMF from a comment on Amazon and I a delighted I found it. Thank you MJ for this insight.

I read a number of books on FIRE and a year ago (a year and a month to be precise), I left my 9-5 job to embark into contracting i. e Self employed via a Limited Company. I am a IT consultant with a number of year of experience in the industry but it was one of the most difficult decision I've ever made... It was like going away from the "security" of the job as most people view it to an unknown and unsettled route with no mentor. I tried to get approval from family but the mindset was more towards security of the job, you know it the elephant on the room was to convince my wife. We're both glad I did it. I went from an annual salary around £40k to manage a limited Company with annual turnover of £120k + (monthly invoice of £11k approx.)

My wife and I are naturally not big consumers so our life style did not really change. But I still felt there was something wrong with this equation and you know it: I am trading my time for money and I am missing golden time with my wife and two kids (the youngest will be 1 year old on December 1st). I started looking for forums and like-minded self-employed who want to move to the next level. Inspired by my meetups I have set up another limited company and this one is intended to operate without my input. An opportunity came last month where a young company that I happened to follow since it creation 4 years ago started raising funds. After my due diligence I decided to invest extra money from Company A (IT Company) to Company B (Investment company) and my plan is to repeat this process on different exit strategies from investments. Coincidentally I came across this book (TMF ) which I just finished to confirm the need to move to another equation where I should not trade my time for money.

Just wondering if this business validate all rules of the Fastlane as I will need to continually fuel my investment company with my own money from my IT company for at least a year or two before seeing any return or not on investments (private equity on young business are usually delayed for at least a year).

That's it for now, this is me in an attempt to take the fastlane route to wealth. Let me know your thoughts.

Stephan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hi Stephan,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the introduction. Can you farm out any of your IT work or is it paramount that it has to be you that undertakes the work?

As far as the investments are concerned, as long as the return is good considering the level of risk then it makes total sense as it creates a passive income stream.

As long as you don't have a better use for the money else where, and you are happy with the level of risk/reward. There is also always property investment but that can be difficult depending on where in the UK you live. Also the property market is not as easy as it used to regarding ease of financing.

tys

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 12, 2019
Thanks Razorcut and thanks for the recommendations.

My IT tasks can easily be done by someone else an this is a route I might explore, just not too keen to embark on the "Human resource system" road at the moment. On this note, I wonder what type of system this process will fall into.

I see this as intelligent risk with infinite return over medium (2-5years) to long term (5-7years) where extra money from Company A are put on good use by carefully selected growth Company Globally via an Investment Company.

Correct the property market in the UK is more capital demanding and the time variable on this equation is too much for me (No mortgage ) and mortgage to corporate is not very popular .. yet

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...