The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Racing car driver hopefully joining the Fastlane!

AlexFontana

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2019
Dear all, my name is Alex Fontana and I'm a new member of the forum. I signed in halfway through the book Millionaire Fastlane . My full time job is racing car driver, most precisely in GT racing after many years of singleseeters and failing to make to F1 (in 2013 and 2014 I tested in Formula 1 while being in the Lotus F1 Junior Team, after that the team got sold to Renault and lost the contract). I also commentate races for my national TV and take on small roles as brand ambassador, but I'm looking more and more into create something my own as a side, that doesn't come from motorsport.
It's a pleasure to be here and looking forward to join the threads @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, never thought we'd have someone here that was really in the Fastlane, literally!

Welcome aboard Alex!

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
You tested an F1 car? Like, at Barcelona pre season? Damn!

Why are you not interested in making something fastlane from within the motorsport industry?

entrepreneur7

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 19, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Why are you not interested in making something fastlane from within the motorsport industry?
Also curious about this. Seems like you already have a good platform to leverage additional interest towards something fastlane that has to do with anything automotive or racing.

AlexFontana

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2019
Also curious about this. Seems like you already have a good platform to leverage additional interest towards something fastlane that has to do with anything automotive or racing.
Hello guys, I hope I did manage to reply to both.
First answer, I did not test at Barcelona Pre Season as I wasn't reserve driver but inside the Junior Team, so mine was a private test of Lotus F1 Team in Paul Ricard. There may be some footage somewhere.
Second, I did thought about it. I just tried to separate my racing career with the business itself. There is this saying that when I driver becomes too interest in everything else such as (team, coaching, driving school, sport tv and such) is no longer focus on the racing part and you will be percieved as in end career, which I'm not.
Another thing is that I Wish to make a business out of something that isn't my racing career, so that it may go, grow on his own term and path. Does it makes sense?

AlexFontana

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2019

Hello Matt, I believe I replied only to entrepeneur 7, I hope you can see the full lenght answer on his thread.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Hello guys, I hope I did manage to reply to both.
First answer, I did not test at Barcelona Pre Season as I wasn't reserve driver but inside the Junior Team, so mine was a private test of Lotus F1 Team in Paul Ricard. There may be some footage somewhere.
Second, I did thought about it. I just tried to separate my racing career with the business itself. There is this saying that when I driver becomes too interest in everything else such as (team, coaching, driving school, sport tv and such) is no longer focus on the racing part and you will be percieved as in end career, which I'm not.
Another thing is that I Wish to make a business out of something that isn't my racing career, so that it may go, grow on his own term and path. Does it makes sense?
That's fair. I wish I could find something related to F1 that I could turn into a biz though, lol. Seems like a lot of opportunity with Liberty Media taking over.

Although... F1, it's probably dead in the water in the long run, isn't it. ICE engines future is... and can't say I'm a fan of formula E.

Will be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

AlexFontana

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2019
That's fair. I wish I could find something related to F1 that I could turn into a biz though, lol. Seems like a lot of opportunity with Liberty Media taking over.

Although... F1, it's probably dead in the water in the long run, isn't it. ICE engines future is... and can't say I'm a fan of formula E.

Will be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.
Yeah LM seem to be much more open towards the new things.
For sure is a world where connections are very important. Sure, in any field knowing someone highly ranked helps, but the circus of F1 compare to other motorsport categories is very closed up.
I guess F1 will evolve with the automotive industry, even though I'm very doubtful that full electric will be the ultimate choice, even on a daily car. For now it keeps growing more because of the business behind it than because it actually makes sense.

entrepreneur7

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 19, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah LM seem to be much more open towards the new things.
For sure is a world where connections are very important. Sure, in any field knowing someone highly ranked helps, but the circus of F1 compare to other motorsport categories is very closed up.
I guess F1 will evolve with the automotive industry, even though I'm very doubtful that full electric will be the ultimate choice, even on a daily car. For now it keeps growing more because of the business behind it than because it actually makes sense.
I know it may be kind of "trendy" right now, but it's the first thing that comes to mind. Drivers are often focused on health and fitness quite a bit. Have you thought about white labeling some sort of health supplement? Something to help with focus perhaps since that's one of the key aspects of being an effective driver. Not sure if that's more of a short term opportunity or long term strategy, but I've seen a few people leverage their name that way.

AlexFontana

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2019
I know it may be kind of "trendy" right now, but it's the first thing that comes to mind. Drivers are often focused on health and fitness quite a bit. Have you thought about white labeling some sort of health supplement? Something to help with focus perhaps since that's one of the key aspects of being an effective driver. Not sure if that's more of a short term opportunity or long term strategy, but I've seen a few people leverage their name that way.
That is surely an idea to careful analyze. I believe in order to leverage your name in order to achieve a massive return you need to be very famous worldwide, not just known inside the racing world or in my region and small country as myself.
What it could be interesting is to create something motorsport related in China, where I race quite a lot in the last few years. There you can really feel the "volume"

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
can't say I'm a fan of formula E.

Formula E, I spat my coffee! Imagine a bunch of Smarts racing around? Making a pit stop to get plugged in like an iPhone. If I was a film producer I would already have a full short little film of a smart stopping on top of a giant wireless charger xD

Even as someone who cares a TON about the environment, I wouldn't say F1 would go that way, simply because since it's a sport, as the rest of the world evolves to E that will be a minuscule amount of gas, no? So I imagine it wouldn't be frowned upon that a couple dozen cars race for a couple hours on a race track (even at scale and stuff)

Alex welcome, do you realize that you probably have the dream job of a bunch of kids?? I don't know if you like children but what if you made a product that helped them get closer to the hobby somehow? In my personal experience if I wanted to be a driver, I have NO idea how somebody starts! If I had a kid and he was interested in cars that much, I would have NO idea how to expose it to anything more than take them to the races! Idk just a thought from the top of my head. Your profile pic is super badass!

Can't wait to see a progress thread of something.

AlexFontana

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2019
Formula E, I spat my coffee! Imagine a bunch of Smarts racing around? Making a pit stop to get plugged in like an iPhone. If I was a film producer I would already have a full short little film of a smart stopping on top of a giant wireless charger xD

Even as someone who cares a TON about the environment, I wouldn't say F1 would go that way, simply because since it's a sport, as the rest of the world evolves to E that will be a minuscule amount of gas, no? So I imagine it wouldn't be frowned upon that a couple dozen cars race for a couple hours on a race track (even at scale and stuff)

Alex welcome, do you realize that you probably have the dream job of a bunch of kids?? I don't know if you like children but what if you made a product that helped them get closer to the hobby somehow? In my personal experience if I wanted to be a driver, I have NO idea how somebody starts! If I had a kid and he was interested in cars that much, I would have NO idea how to expose it to anything more than take them to the races! Idk just a thought from the top of my head. Your profile pic is super badass!

Can't wait to see a progress thread of something.
Hello! Thanks for the feedback!
Well, afraid to disappoint you but Formula E already does exist. That said, I believe F1 and FE will indeed be going onto two different paths. True is that the technology of F1 does have an impact on road cars of a few years in the future, and that is why they went hybrid some time ago and we no longer see F1 with V12 or V8 engines.
Still the thought you gave me about the kids joining racing is worth thinking of!
I reckon that after reading the book two things hit me quite hard: first, I suck with computers and apps development or graphics and so fort. Second, having an amazing business idea and be able to mass scale it on the web without knowledge it's hard.
But hey, that's what makes it interesting and challenging.
Nowadays who can't afford racing usually goes into online racing with simulators. I had a couple of ideas to work on that field with the knowledge I posses, which is real driving on a circuit and zero on programming apps and such, but requires A TON of video content (which again I'm not good at). Option 1: I learn to do it. Option 2: I find someone capable of doing it for me.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hello! Thanks for the feedback!
Well, afraid to disappoint you but Formula E already does exist. That said, I believe F1 and FE will indeed be going onto two different paths. True is that the technology of F1 does have an impact on road cars of a few years in the future, and that is why they went hybrid some time ago and we no longer see F1 with V12 or V8 engines.
Still the thought you gave me about the kids joining racing is worth thinking of!
I reckon that after reading the book two things hit me quite hard: first, I suck with computers and apps development or graphics and so fort. Second, having an amazing business idea and be able to mass scale it on the web without knowledge it's hard.
But hey, that's what makes it interesting and challenging.
Nowadays who can't afford racing usually goes into online racing with simulators. I had a couple of ideas to work on that field with the knowledge I posses, which is real driving on a circuit and zero on programming apps and such, but requires A TON of video content (which again I'm not good at). Option 1: I learn to do it. Option 2: I find someone capable of doing it for me.

Check out all the gold threads, there's a ton of people who have done similar things or even concepts that can be cross-applied. I'd say go with option 2, maybe @Ravens_Shadow can point you in the right direction on how to start, he does some awesome stuff with software :D

AlexFontana

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2019
Check out all the gold threads, there's a ton of people who have done similar things or even concepts that can be cross-applied. I'd say go with option 2, maybe @Ravens_Shadow can point you in the right direction on how to start, he does some awesome stuff with software :D
Thanks will do!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...