The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
I got a copy of Unscripted from my financial mentors, back in January. It sat on my shelf for six months. After some talks with them, I took it and read it in a week straight.
I must say that being given this book is one of the greatest acts of love I've felt. Something that has had an enormous transcendence, and for what I'm enormously thankful.

I have been running for years a very low-paying, non-scalable artistic business, and I reached the 1000$/month mark in June (which was a great goal in it self), but after several years unable to make a decent income, I was in the verge of giving everything up and going to a safer, scripted job.
Everything in the book changed my world view, especially the CENTS framework, the gumball machine idea of keep testing things and incorporating all the feedback, and of course all the ways that the Script has to keep us in place (resistances, biased approach, self-pitying....)
Many changes have occured in my life, and I'm meeting several resistances from my friends and family, but I'm the happiest and most enthusiastic I've ever been in years, and the new venture I'm starting after reading the book, is already giving me good orange balls (or maybe golden ones, we'll see in a few weeks).

So many thanks for everything @MJ DeMarco!

Last edited:

Amoritz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 27, 2019
Canada
Unscripted , what a fantastic book. I'm so thankful for having discovered M. J. DeMarco's books as they are pure information on the reality to financial freedom and a fullfilling life.
It has nothing to do with the widespread wealth guru speeches where your realize they don't give the whole truth because of hidden agendas.
Here you get the raw reality, like it or not.
As for me, this book has been a huge relief as I would much rather live with those conditions than with what is sold as empty wealth and success all over social media and society.
I appreciated above all the emphasis on contributing real value, not empty fake value.
He details the fundamentals and mindset. No magical formula.
Real work is mandatory but strategic, with awareness. Mistakes are to be expected but it's integrated to the necessary learning process.
I align so well with his message but now I found the missing parts to my puzzle to reach my objectives. There are clear principles that the path we choose to follow must adhere to in order to succeed financially, and they are well described in this book. But they never exclude what is most meaningful to me, it only guides me to a better way of operating.
I recall a few years ago telling someone that I viewed people in 2 categories:
Recipients and contributors. We all have a little of each but one of these two categories is stronger and guides most of our motivations and actions.
I am strong on my desire to contribute but I started fearing I needed to put this aside to succeed financially and that only after, I could focus on contributing. I was hoping for better options so I kept searching. I also felt I was supposed to make things happen super fast feeling I was already out of time.
This book puts everything in a much better perspective and it brought peace and confidence in my approach to my goals.
It is a journey I know I can live with knowing it includes meaning and fulfillment, not just a selfish empty scam.
I'll end this with my favorite quotes.

"Impact one through a productacracy and scale will work it's way through by design."
(Productacracy is a product/service that pulls people to it, not one that you have to push people to via tons of advertising, that if you stop advertising, it won't survive. This demonstrates real value.)

"Scale is a process, not an event."

This next one is a bit rephrased but pretty close.
"Failure is the sweat of success. If you're not willing to sweat, you don't get the six pack abs and big biceps."
So if you're not willing to fail you cannot succeed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WuBa-Solutions

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 28, 2019
Austria
I
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
I've read this book too. I'm so happy to have found both books.

Isaunders

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 14, 2019
Bought both books, plus the audiobooks. Has taught me more about business and mindset than any other resources to date.

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
I've read Unscripted . And listened on audible once so far. Like I mentioned in the Millionaire Fastlane thread, I get different things out of a book when I listen and when I read, so I like to do both.

Great stuff, really sticky stuff that can change the way you think, and, ideally, the way you act.

My only let down in Unscripted was that the audio book isn't narrated by MJ. I'm joking, the narrator did a fine job. Besides, I can't say I blame MJ, I wouldn't want to narrate a book for the whole world to listen to!

Never1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 13, 2015
Canada
Unscripted (audiobook) has been a once every month or two listen for me, since it came out.

What I find interesting/rewarding is that as I keep working at my venture, certain parts of the book will resonate with me, that didn’t speak to me at all, on prior listens.

I’m taking that as a sign of progress, in terms of my mindset and belief systems/

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Some R&R in Laguna Beach and nothing better to re-read than Unscripted ! Changing our Identity to be the person we want to be (atomic habits) 27873

fish417913

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Aug 10, 2019
If TMF is an undergraduate education on breaking out of our matrix lifestyle, then Unscripted is like a master's degree in execution of gaining true freedom.

Unscripted truly has altered my view on the world, and I inadvertently notice my colleague's slow lane attitude and brainwashing about everything. All of them are working until they absolutely can't, waiting to "cash in" on that 401K. Thank God, I found MJ's work, and this forum.

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
One of the better "mindset" books I've read.

oldboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 25, 2019
Finished it.
I am familiar with the Allegory of the cave.
I loved the story with the old man who wishes to see the heaven and the hell before he dies. Just loved it!
Need to reread again...one time is not enough!

Black Wolf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 15, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Just finished reading Unscripted .

Definitely the best book on entrepreneurship I've read because of the no BS tone in the writing style.

A lot resonated with me regarding my naive mindset after I'd read the The Millionaire's Fastlane 6 years a go. I came to the forum 5 years or so a go and was amongst the idiots saying crap like 'I need an idea' etc.

The most important take away for me is there being no list.

No formula. No recipe. No connect-the-dots.

That has been the mental hurdle for me over the years but it's kinda dawning on me properly now.

The second big hurdle for me is taking action - because I feel like I needed to have an exact plan, the list of proper steps to take etc.

I'm still more or less no further forward in terms of my entrepreneurial goals, but I'm certainly more mindful of what sort of attitude prevails thanks to reading this book.

I'm also more patient nowadays and invested/interested in the process of learning the things that I believe will aid me in moving forward.

Last edited:

gab_rinat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 8, 2019
Another awesome book from MJ
It conveniently follows the rationale of The Millionaire Fastlane . Due to The Unscripted I know which steps I have to do to leave the 90 percent of people and how stop being mediocre. The book is so good it can’t be overestimated
These two books are definitely better than most of all the business books I read earlier
MJ invests in the world’s evolution more than colleges and universities do

alikl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 10, 2019
Reading it now. Actually listening to Audible. After reading nearly 200 self help books, many of which are really REALLY good and those you also reference, the Unscripted stands out in so many ways. I even told my partner in self development crime, it's the book of the books! He asked "what's the main idea?", I said "F*ck that shit! It's time to own yourself" When I read it first I gasped, what a relief! And how resonating! Especially so that the book I am working myself on is actually called "Own Your Future."
I love the style, the insights, the framing, the narration.
The only sad part is that I am going to finish it sometime, and then what?! Planning on your third book? I will surely buy!
Thank you,
-Alik, the fastlaner.

Mike Donnigan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Oct 7, 2019
Orange County, CA
Oh, yeah. Finished the Audible audiobook. Quite grateful and pleased that you wrote this one. So much more honest, extensive and fearless this time.

As a radical for capitalism myself, I appreciate the book's by-line, a refinement of the mantra "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." It's a pointed and bold statement, making no bones about the assertion that entrepreneurship equals happiness in action. Chapter-by-chapter, that's the argument you make, and as far as I'm concerned, I agree. Thank you so much for making this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.