The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cool Tech for AirBNB Owners

Short-term rentals

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
So let's say that you own an AirBNB out in the middle of nowhere - like next to a lake or other tourist attraction. You want to keep expenses to a minimum and don't want to have pay for ongoing expensive cable or internet services, yet you want to provide periodic internet services (only when customers stay at the place) so that the customers could watch Netflix or another internet streaming service.

The device is called GlocalMe (www.glocalme.com) (not affiliated with them or anything) and it is a portable wifi device that you can use in like 100 different countries. When you have guests staying, you can purchase a one day pass for $3.50 for unlimited data so your guests can enjoy internet while they stay.

I've personally never used it, but this seemed like a cool option for AirBNB owners or people that rent their place out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Why do you need it wifi is not a "must have" its optional most people allready have internet on there phones

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
Why do you need it wifi is not a "must have" its optional most people allready have internet on there phones

I'm an experienced Airbnb host, WiFi is a must offer for AirBnB.

Not everyone has unlimited data, some people bring laptops and don't know how to create a hotspot, and when people travel far they don't always get local SIM cards, and roaming can be extremely expensive.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
I'm an experienced Airbnb host, WiFi is a must offer for AirBnB.

Not everyone has unlimited data, some people bring laptops and don't know how to create a hotspot, and when people travel far they don't always get local SIM cards, and roaming can be extremely expensive.

Same here and I totally agree with you. Around 50% of my guests are foreigners and most can't use their data here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007