The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

NC Bidniss

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Mar 5, 2019
I want to be able to afford to buy a house in cash. I also want to be able to do anything I want without worrying about the cost. Family trip to Disney World? No problem. An actual Lamborghini would be nice, too. However, I'm more of an Aston Martin kind of guy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Superbia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 15, 2018
Alabama
My reason is to get my ¨LAMBO!¨

And by my LAMBO I mean a black convertible GT Mustang. Im challenging myself to purchase the entire car in full with everything added. (Rims, radio, lights, etc...)

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
My reason is simply my Mom - give her all the things she'd like and love and a lot more. Things that I couldn't give my dad.

Swift

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 10, 2019
USA
Lexus LC and be able to help others grow their own businesses instead of working for someone else.

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Freedom of my time is my Lambo. I don't care about material things, but I would like to have enough money to live a good life, travel A LOT, and not have to worry about running out of money.

Never1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 13, 2015
Canada
I'm not sure I'd call it my "Lambo", as my desire for bigger toys isn't really a driver of my motivations. Like many, my time and freedom to do what I want, when I want, are what really drive me.

The Cirrus Vision personal jet would be an extension of this freedom to go anywhere, whenever. Costs a heck of a lot more than a Lambo, though, and let's just say that I'd need more than a little fastlane success to afford and operate it.

Leading up to that, though, I would be attaining the highest ratings possible for private pilot's license, and I suppose this part would be closer to my actual "Lambo."
Cirrus_Vision_SF50%28N280CJ%29_%284632096346%29.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Kids first.. but maybe a Porsche Panamera some day.

Noooooooo!

Freedom of my time is my Lambo. I don't care about material things, but I would like to have enough money to live a good life, travel A LOT, and not have to worry about running out of money.

The Cirrus Vision personal jet would be an extension of this freedom to go anywhere

My #1 thing has always been freedom. In AZ there's a bunch of private communities with air-strips and I can honestly tell you that I've considered them. I can't fly a plane but considered learning, but the idea of taking off whenever/wherever has a certain amount of appeal. Freedom is expensive to begin with, but "freedom augmenters" can be super-expensive.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
My Lambo is(was) a totally custom Toyota FJ Cruiser that I could drive anywhere. Funny that I joined this forum that many years ago, back in 2011, when they actually made FJ's. Currently, I have no car, rent and Uber everywhere. I live in the city and parking is $400/mo, so I sold my car in 2014. Get this.. I bought a brand new Subaru wagon(4x4 full package), back in 2004. From 2004-2014, I only put 20,000 miles on the car. So I sold it. But.. when I leave this city when my daughter goes to college I am buying a new car, again! I miss having one.

But this is a good analogy for my business situation; I started this account 8 years ago. The car is outdated and not in production anymore. I have procrastinated on my business by working full time in a corporate gig. This is a good reminder I need to get off my butt and get working....

Never1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 13, 2015
Canada
My #1 thing has always been freedom. In AZ there's a bunch of private communities with air-strips and I can honestly tell you that I've considered them. I can't fly a plane but considered learning, but the idea of taking off whenever/wherever has a certain amount of appeal. Freedom is expensive to begin with, but "freedom augmenters" can be super-expensive.

Yeah, the cost and time required to get the required ratings to operate something like this would be a process in and of itself. If you have sufficient F.U. money, and the desire, you could log a lot of flight time and get up to spec in a few years.

These personal jets are around $4MM I believe, plus the costs associated with insurance, maintenance and operating it, as well as whatever costs come from storage/hangar/fees at private strips etc... A propellar plane would be more reasonable, but I just love the idea of something like this. What a machine.

And of course you need to be in good health, clear a medical, before you can even begin.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I've lived out of 2 suitcases for the last 5 years so material things haven't held any desire for me for a loooong time. I just want to be in full control of my own life. I don't want another dipshit boss or corporate culture. I've only just started tasting a little success in the last 6 months and am making about 15% of what I used to be on, but couldn't be happier about it.

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
ferrari_488_pista_26.jpg

BUT

Truth be told, I'm more looking for freedom to have a family, a place to live with my family, and the ability to be with my family instead of working for some dude who drives a toyota... Then the Ferrari.

Also, I'm looking for helping people grow their businesses with my help. That's a big motivator for me too.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I don't care about stuff. Never have.

My "Lambo" is the freedom to live and travel where ever I want and take my work with me.

I'm all about experiences now: great food, people and places.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
I don't have any single high-ticket Item I'm working for.

I work the way I do to achieve 2 things singlehandedly worth more than an aircraft carrier filled with lambos and staffed with young 20-something models armed with champagne and an adventurous personality.

Freedom and Health.

The ability to wake up at 4:30 and read not to escape the thumb of a corporate job, but to read to improve where I'm at and how I'm providing value in this life.

The ability to grab a cup of coffee and go sit out on my porch and listen to Scott Adam's daily periscope any day of the week, potentially with a book in hand; soaking in the fresh morning air and looking at all the beauty in front of me.
Sitting safe in the knowledge that I don't have to pass through managerial buzz-cuts and suffer bureaucracy daily to eek out a living in the script.

I might go to a foreign country, I might be brushing up on whiskey aging techniques, or I could even go and get fitted for a suit; not a single one of those experiences will be as rewarding as the first day I take my freedom back.

Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I don't have any single high-ticket Item I'm working for.

I work the way I do to achieve 2 things singlehandedly worth more than an aircraft carrier filled with lambos and staffed with young 20-something models armed with champagne and an adventurous personality.

Freedom and Health.

The ability to wake up at 4:30 and read not to escape the thumb of a corporate job, but to read to improve where I'm at and how I'm providing value in this life.

The ability to grab a cup of coffee and go sit out on my porch and listen to Scott Adam's daily periscope any day of the week, potentially with a book in hand; soaking in the fresh morning air and looking at all the beauty in front of me.
Sitting safe in the knowledge that I don't have to pass through managerial buzz-cuts and suffer bureaucracy daily to eek out a living in the script.

I might go to a foreign country, I might be brushing up on whiskey aging techniques, or I could even go and get fitted for a suit; not a single one of those experiences will be as rewarding as the first day I take my freedom back.
Yep, screw the lambo. At my last job, they were hanging contract renewals and cutbacks or "window seats" over everyone's heads for about 9 months of the year. Terrible way to live.

They would hire newbies during a growth stage that lasted 3 months, then cutbacks came in and they would usually get rid of long term experienced guys before the newbies. I think some of it was to do with management not liking being challenged and some of it wanting to keep people on their toes.

Pantheon Brian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
May 28, 2019
What are my “Why’s” of wanting to be an entrepreneur and living the Fastlane lifestyle? First (after this one, the list is not in order of importance), is to get to the point where my wife can retire early, regardless of whether her retirement with the school district vests or not.

I want to be free from the hum-drum of owning a house. Basically I want to be able to afford to pay people (contribute to the economy!) to do ALL of the yard work, most of the house work and all of the big – and sometimes little – maintenance things that need doing.

I want to get in a car with my wife and drive across the country, eating in hole-in-the-wall diners and leaving $1,000 tips for the waitresses and cooks. I want to be able to contribute to people who are just having a rough go of life, whether it’s the mom who has cancer, the dad who was laid off of work, or anything else. I want to be able to go up to cops – or other first-responders - hand them a gift card to a local restaurant and say “Thanks for helping keep us safe.” I want to leave gift cards taped to the backs of packages of diapers in WalMart or Target with the note “Raising kids is expensive – hope this helps. You’re doing great!”

I want to be able to travel to Italy, Ireland, Australia and any number of the hundreds of interesting places there are to see in this world. I want to be able to experience the local cuisine and culture of those places without worrying about the bank balance. I want to take my family (mom & dad and siblings) and my wife’s mom, dad and siblings to a very nice restaurant and after paying for everyone’s dinner, thank them for the way they’ve impacted our lives. I want to pay for a week’s vacation to Hawaii for my family – rent a house big enough to fit all of us (like 46 of us at last count with all of the nieces and nephews), perhaps even charter a plane so we don’t have to deal with the headaches normally associated with air travel, and pay people to prepare the meals and do the clean-up so we can concentrate on the vacation.

My dream car would be a Porsche 911 re-imagined by Singer. Other than that, a nice truck – 2019 Ram 1500 - and an SUV would probably be all I need ( ).

Teo_NK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 3, 2019
Bulgaria
I like building things, and I Love nature so I chouse this thing so that one day I can use technology (robots/drones) to make a system that will keep the nature clean, without the need of incompetent people.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Me personally... I love expensive cars, condos, and watches. These 3 are my lambos.

Gabry_ITA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 28, 2019
First, I wanna be free. Freedom is the key for THE Life.
Second, I want to help animals: I would build a sanctuary for abused and homeless animals (dogs, cats but also pigs, cows, donkeys...) and let them live in peace.
Third, I wanna a Tesla and, only for sunday, a Mustang supercharged :D

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Having enough money and passive income to entire and ride dirtbike all over tho world.

Btw: dying after a great day of dirtbike riding by a fast heart attack should be a good and stately going. At the age of about 100 I hope.

softwareRules

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 25, 2019
Canada
It's simple: being able to wake up at 10am everyday, spend time with family, read, write and have time to learn new skills without trying to fit everything around a 9-5 + commute life.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
My list is very small ;) :

Real-estate:

A house in many major cities around the world,
A mansion with a waterfront,
A hideaway made of glass in a dessert,
A 2500 acres ranch like the one MJ (I mean Michael Jackson) got,
A Private Island in the Caribbean,
A Real castle in Europe,
A Golf Course,
A Race circuit,

Vehicles (Air) :

Boeing 757,
Gulfstream G650,
A Chopper,
EHang 184.

Vehicles (Water):

Custome made fishing boat,
Super Yacht,

Vehicles (Land):

A Stretch Limo (BMW/Benz),
An RV,
Ferrari (The red one),
Lamborghini (Black),
Audi R8 (White),
Tesla Roadster (Red),
Rolls Royce Phantom(White),

Pets (Zoo?):

Many types of dogs and cats,
White shark,
Dolphins,
Jelly Fish,
Anaconda,
White Tiger,
Bengal Tiger,
African Lion,
Elephant,
White horses,
Deers,
Chimpanzees.

Products:

Every product by Apple/Razer/DJI,
Rolex,
Common Products made with gold or with diamond attached,
Armani/Gucci clothing,
Artworks,
First Edition books,
Decades-old whine,

Travel:

Visit every country in the world.
Space Tourism

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My list is very small:

2500 acres ranch (Like the one MJ (I mean Michael Jackson) got),
Private Island in the Caribbean,
A Real castle in Europe,
Gulfstream,
Boeing 757,
Super Yacht,
Chopper,
Limo,
Ferrari (The red one),
Lamborghini (Yellow),
Audi R8 (White),
Tesla Roadster (Black),
Rolls Royce Phantom,
RV,
Every product by Apple/Razer/DJI,
Visit every country in the world.
If that's what you really want, I hope you get it -- and it still has meaning to you. The older you get and the further you climb, you wants and needs become simpler.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
If that's what you really want, I hope you get it

Thanks.

The older you get and the further you climb, you wants and needs become simpler.

Why should they? Can't we think big? In fact, my desires are small when compared to what some people have achieved. Does happiness go away when we have them? Many multi-millionaires and billionaires have 100s of cars, private jet, islands, and mansions. I bet they are happy. I don't buy into the belief that happiness comes with simple living. Then there is no point in going Fastlane. You can live a simple life with a job. I belive there is nothing wrong with the desire for finer things.

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Why? Can't we think big? Many people have achieved this. Many multi-millionaires and billionaires have 100s of cars, many islands, and mansions. My desires are small when compared to what some people have achieved.
Sure, you can think big. Yes, you're right. Many people have achieved a lot of success. I can just tell you that as you age and mature, your priorities many times change. The things that I thought I wanted when I was younger, don't have any importance anymore. Having stuff has become an empty dream for me. I can go out and buy stuff (And yes, I can afford a lot of things I used to want. ) But then I must take care of it, insure it and find a place to put it.

For example: In my real estate career, I inspected many huge estates and homes. Many times, the people only lived in the kitchen, the great room off of the kitchen, their master bedroom area, and a patio area. Only their maids saw the rest of the house when those areas were cleaned. I asked myself why. Why did they have all these bedrooms and bathrooms that were almost never used? I saw closets stuffed with clothes, with the sales tags still attached. What good are clothes that have never been worn? I saw the artwork in rooms where the lights were never turned on. I saw cupboards and cupboards of dishes that were quietly waiting to be used. It's like these people were living in a museum dedicated to their success. I walked away feeling sad.

I used to tell myself when I accomplished X, I'd be happy. When I was able to afford X, I'd be happy. When I could go to X, I'd be happy. I had major health problems when I was young that threatened my life. I woke up one day and asked myself when I was going to allow myself to be happy. And that's when everything changed for me. I live every day as though it will be my last day. Yes, I still work hard. I'm a senior citizen and I still work more than a full schedule. I don't have to do that anymore, but working keeps me going. It gives my life meaning. And, every day I stop and smell roses -- I do something that makes me smile. I have accomplished some pretty wonderful things in my life. I've gone further than I ever thought possible. The question now is -- what is enough? What do I really need? What makes me happy and feel fulfilled? Someday you might ask yourself the same questions...

Last edited:

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Thank you so much for your reply.It really opened my eyes.
Especially, this:

the people only lived in the kitchen, the great room off of the kitchen, their master bedroom area, and a patio area. Only their maids saw the rest of the house when those areas were cleaned. I asked myself why. Why did they have all these bedrooms and bathrooms that were almost never used? I saw closets stuffed with clothes, with the sales tags still attached. What good are clothes that have never been worn? I saw the artwork in rooms where the lights were never turned on. I saw cupboards and cupboards of dishes that were quietly waiting to be used. It's like these people were living in a museum dedicated to their success. I walked away feeling sad.

That line struck me like a lightning bolt. It made me rethink my desires. Now, I'm realizing if all I wanted to experience Ferrari or Lamboginini I could rent them. I know I'm not going to use them every day. But, I wanted to own them because I want to show others that I've succeeded.

I'm a very stubborn person but your post made me think if I really need to own them all.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.