The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I open up a company to my personal brand?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
So real quick.

I've read many times that one of the big reasons one opens up a company is that in case you get sued, the company gets sued instead of your person.

If I'm planning on building a personal brand (it focuses on instagram management for businesses), should I treat it as a company? The answer seems obvious to me that yes, I should open a company to its name. But maybe in terms of personal branding it works differently, so I thought I could ask you guys who have had more experience on that.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
I think you need to review some business basics before anything, it'll take you 5 minutes reading to be able to distinguish between a sole proprietorship, a partnership, corporation, LLC, whatever the terms are in your locale. But, to answer your question, what you're referring to is establishing a company in a corporate form rather than an SP so that the debts and obligations fall onto the company rather than you as an individual (in a very basic sense). So, as @rogainer said, yes, absolutely, get an LLC but read some basics rather than going on what people say. All the best

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.