The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from the UK

Toby Murphy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 21, 2019
UK
Hello, I am looking for a bit of guidance, my choices have sent me on a journey that pulled me away from a lifestyle (scripted) that I was enjoying. I moved away from my hometown and this played a big part in making me see the brighter side of life. I was away from home with no distractions, just space to lap up all the information I was being fed.

I have recently moved back to my hometown and set up shop here after having our first child. I love my hometown and couldn’t imagine bringing up my little one anywhere else.

2 years in, The problem I have now is that I feel I am starting to go off track with regards to my business. I thought I would slightly be distracted in the beginning meeting up with friends I had not seen or had the pleasure to pop out to see while being away. I have just finished reading both books again but cant seem to shake this new/old lifestyle I have now fallen into. I find myself strapping myself into the brain wash machine in my front room and getting sucked into crap television.

The first time I read Fastlane it made me see everything in a completely alien way and I thrived from it. I thought it might reignite something to get me back on track but I am still stuck.

Has anyone been through this and if so how did you get back on track?

Thank you, I am looking forward to meeting everyone

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Samera

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 21, 2019
Hello, I am looking for a bit of guidance, my choices have sent me on a journey that pulled me away from a lifestyle (scripted) that I was enjoying. I moved away from my hometown and this played a big part in making me see the brighter side of life. I was away from home with no distractions, just space to lap up all the information I was being fed.

I have recently moved back to my hometown and set up shop here after having our first child. I love my hometown and couldn’t imagine bringing up my little one anywhere else.

2 years in, The problem I have now is that I feel I am starting to go off track with regards to my business. I thought I would slightly be distracted in the beginning meeting up with friends I had not seen or had the pleasure to pop out to see while being away. I have just finished reading both books again but cant seem to shake this new/old lifestyle I have now fallen into. I find myself strapping myself into the brain wash machine in my front room and getting sucked into crap television.

The first time I read Fastlane it made me see everything in a completely alien way and I thrived from it. I thought it might reignite something to get me back on track but I am still stuck.

Has anyone been through this and if so how did you get back on track?

Thank you, I am looking forward to meeting everyone

Welcome mate, I'm new here too but I can relate to what you're saying 100%. For me it's about finding a place you can think, with no distractions. I thought having a home office would be the right move but in reality it's still incredibly hard because like yourself I found myself in front of the TV or playing with the kids.

Have you tried spending a few days away, if possible, alone? Try to isolate yourself from any distractions and teach yourself to stay away from them.

Good luck mate!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Toby. This may sound harsh, but it doesn't sound like you want it bad enough. Until you're ready to turn off the damn TV and do something, you're just not ready. How much time are you wasting at the pub with your friends or watching TV. You won't get those life rations back. It's not too late, start now.

Toby Murphy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 21, 2019
UK
Thank you for your kind words guys, I have finally cracked it and back to the grind. A few new life choices and remembering why I have made these sacrifices has put me back on track. I have opened two new stores and on to my 6th in a few weeks. Kicking everyone out of my office and creating a workspace I enjoy once again has really helped.

I am getting a lot more important issues resolved and tweaking the business to push up the profits.

All in, I feel I have just found my mojo again haha!

I feel like I’m ready.

Another big question is how do you measure success?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Thank you for your kind words guys, I have finally cracked it and back to the grind. A few new life choices and remembering why I have made these sacrifices has put me back on track.
Good on you man! You'll have plenty of time to goof off when you're rich.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...