The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to force myself to do things?

Anything related to matters of the mind

EarlyElon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 27, 2019
Toronto
You just need to simply take action. Simple as that. Now, typing a thread like this sounds like your trying to look for a shortcut. In reality, there are no shortcuts, nothing that's going to make life easier. Just wake up and get things done. Simple as that.

It's not going to be easy at all. Some days your going to feel like you'd rather want to die then to get things done. But trust me those are the days that are going to build your mental toughness.

At the end of the day it comes down to how bad you want it. You really have to realize that there a billions of people on this earth. If you want to be a 1% guy you have to take control of your life and take action. Your Laziness is a choice. Dominate your day, don't let it dominate you.

It also sounds like you need to start educating yourself more. Self-awareness is an acquired skill. Here are some of my suggestions;
1. Start listening to podcasts from; Ed Mylett and Andy Frisella.
2. Try Andy Frisella's: 75Hard Challenge: 75HARD: A 75-Day Tactical Guide to Winning the War With Yourself, with Andy Frisella - MFCEO290
3. Start listening to audiobooks. You can find a lot on Youtube. I recommend starting off with Tim Grover and Robert Kiyosaki.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Compare this:

I just want to be rich, have expensive clothes, cars, have pretty girls and be muscular. These are all my dreams. I know, maybe my dreams seem to be funny, but really, I want people to be jealous when they see me in a brand new car.

To this post (pasting the first part just for a quick glance):

One of the most important things in my life that I'll do is repay my parents. Facing persecution from the CCCR for their religion, they dropped everything and immigrated to the states for a better future. Not for them, but for their kids. They sacrificed everything in order to provide more opportunity and a better future for me. They didn't know English, they got married young, but what they did bring to the states was a hard work ethic. The least I can do for my parents is to pay off their mortgage.

Unfortunately, I believe my father will be working until the day he can't. Nor does he have a retirement fund. He's already facing health issues at his age and due to his job... he's already having back issues. I need to make sure that my parents' sacrifices weren't for nothing.

Who would you bet on?

There's no wonder that you need to "force yourself" to do the work. Your motivation is non-existent compared to guys like @Ocean Man. If you want to get rich only for these external, and ultimately meaningless goals, better revisit your plan.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.