The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dallas....are you in here?!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Let's just do it in Albuquerque, then. I'll already be half-way there...

Hate to be a Debbie Downer. But could we possibly do it somewhere more centrally located? (That's 1 1/2 hour for me with no traffic!)
Well I have made the drive to far north Dallas for meetups, but you made the trip to Billy Bob's last time. So, suggestions?

Good to hear from you Jill. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I'd have loved to join you! I juuuust moved to Houston from Dallas.

Does anybody know any members here in Houston that would be interested in meeting up?

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Oh, I guess I missed the one in North Dallas. I was just thinking somewhere in the middle. Somewhere around DFW, like Grapevine or even Southlake? But honestly, it doesn’t matter, if most people are from Ft. Worth. Guess it depends where the majority are traveling from . . .

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Either place is fine with me.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
If I get to go, it doesn't matter to me. I won't know until about an hour before hand if I can go or not. It will depend if I have many deliveries.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Put me down as a maybe - been working most Saturdays - I’m up in Addison

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
@amp0193 is up in Denton and doing super cool stuff - think he’s also super cool busy though too

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Hell, everyone is scattered to the places I deliver to so I should just visit as I am driving through lol

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Hell, everyone is scattered to the places I deliver to so I should just visit as I am driving through lol
What you delivering minivanman? I just made a trip to Harry Hines to buy some appliances. Don’t tell me I could have given the business to a forum member.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Yep, you could have got them from me, although, I try to not sell to friends or neighbors. And, I give my family what ever they need..... this way, no one can ever bitch about what I sell/give them. lol With appliances..... ya never know what is going to happen with them in 24 hours. But, if you have any trouble or questions, just send me a message and I'll help you. What did you buy and from where? My guy that works on them knows all of those guys. You can message me if you want.

That's all I do is deliver.... keeps me busy and I get to meet lots of people :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Yep, you could have got them from me, although, I try to not sell to friends or neighbors. And, I give my family what ever they need..... this way, no one can ever bitch about what I sell/give them. lol With appliances..... ya never know what is going to happen with them in 24 hours. But, if you have any trouble or questions, just send me a message and I'll help you. What did you buy and from where? My guy that works on them knows all of those guys. You can message me if you want.

That's all I do is deliver.... keeps me busy and I get to meet lots of people :)
You know Jimmy down in Joshua? That's my appliance guy.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I know a Jimmy in Joshua but he is not an appliance guy. But he does have a hot ex girlfriend named Lisa. lol It's my guy that works on them that knows all the guys over in Dallas, not me. I did deliver down to Joshua on Monday. It was off of the toll road & 915.... back up in the country.

You aren't talking about that guy that has all of the washers & dryers in his front yard just off the toll road are you? I think at 917?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I know a Jimmy in Joshua but he is not an appliance guy. But he does have a hot ex girlfriend named Lisa. lol It's my guy that works on them that knows all the guys over in Dallas, not me. I did deliver down to Joshua on Monday. It was off of the toll road & 915.... back up in the country.

You aren't talking about that guy that has all of the washers & dryers in his front yard just off the toll road are you?
Yep, that would be him on 917 and the toll road. You were in my neck of the woods, back up in the country.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I did go up to his door one day but he didn't answer. I totally respect him for trying to make a buck but I don't sell stuff like that. lol Not saying his stuff doesn't run good but my stuff looks like new.

I grew up in the country but nowadays I'm a city boy. The reason I like driving down there & Granbury is so I can listen to 89.5. lol

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I was checking Google maps while you was typing I guess. lol

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Bump

Saturday, May 18 @ 4:00 pm
Woody's Tavern
4744 Bryant Irvin Rd # 946, Fort Worth, TX 76132

I will be there enjoying the ambiance in my Hawaiian shirt.
RSVP if you would like to join me so I can make sure we have enough room.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Last edited:

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I think I’ll be there.

Moved here in Oct. Bought a home in North Dallas in Feb. I really enjoy it here and would love to meet new friends.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Weather forecast calls for a squall line to pass through mid morning. OK in the early afternoon and possible storms reforming late afternoon, evening.

Event is still on. Will monitor weather that day as it develops.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
This is the DFW metroplex..... they tell us it will rain but is it going to rain in Weatherford or Greenville or Alverado or Denton? That's a huge area..... so we never know! It really depends where it rains as to if I will make it depending which race track(s) it rains out. Or, if it rains out Abilene too or Ardmore, Oklahoma..... but if it rains them all out..... I'll be there for sure. lol

Funny thing, while I was driving early and thinking about this and about that time I got a DING on my phone that you had posted.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Sorry guys wasn’t able to negotiate my way out of a graduation in Louisiana this weekend. I’ll be with you in spirit.... because my spirit will wanna be anywhere but where I actually am.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Yep I'm going to have to pass on this one. I have a few things that came up. Will see you guys next time!

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Off Topic: Do you guys get concern with your safety in Dallas? I feel like every other day, I hear about car theft and robberies. When I first moved here (For those that know North Dallas, I'm at Preston/Forest), I had a more upscale vibe because of all of the nice houses and cars. Now I am not even comfortable leaving my car out on the drive way over night. Is this common in other areas in Dallas?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Off Topic: Do you guys get concern with your safety in Dallas? I feel like every other day, I hear about car theft and robberies. When I first moved here (For those that know North Dallas, I'm at Preston/Forest), I had a more upscale vibe because of all of the nice houses and cars. Now I am not even comfortable leaving my car out on the drive way over night. Is this common in other areas in Dallas?

You are living in America in 2019. Thieves aren't just local to their own neighborhood these days. Dallas/Frisco/Abilene/Eastland..... from large to small, thieves travel to them all. Head up to Omaha or Portland or Springfield or York, Pa..... same crime everywhere these days. We leave 3 vehicles out and never worry (I'm basically north Ft Worth). I did have my 2 sports cars in a garage but even in 1953 I would have wanted them in a garage just because....

It will only get worse......

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
You are living in America in 2019. Thieves aren't just local to their own neighborhood these days. Dallas/Frisco/Abilene/Eastland..... from large to small, thieves travel to them all. Head up to Omaha or Portland or Springfield or York, Pa..... same crime everywhere these days. We leave 3 vehicles out and never worry (I'm basically north Ft Worth). I did have my 2 sports cars in a garage but even in 1953 I would have wanted them in a garage just because....

It will only get worse......

Not sure if crime is really worse but I do know that the perception of crime and life threatening weather events is worse. It seems like we are always on guard for threats to our lives. I don't remember being this on edge even a few years ago. I don't think people can continue to live on edge forever, not sure how to get off the merry go round.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.