The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

jonahsr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 28, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
First off, I think the idea is great and I totally see the value in it. I'd even consider being a customer. But personally I would never pay more for source files. I am paying for you to make me the files, I should own the files not you.

What I would do is offer photorealistic product photos at a lower price than the 360 shots and upsell the 360 shots. It gives the 360 shots more value skews. Source files included, product photos included. Even though it doesn't cost you a dime extra or take any extra time.
Thanks! I suppose the amount I am charging right now for the source file is a bit high, but maybe $30 would be reasonable. With the source file, customers can simply turn to some other 3D designer to get e.g. product photos done, so it's potential lost revenue... If you had the source file yourself & you don't know anything about 3D rendering yourself, you couldn't do anything with it anyway. So only if you have further plans for the 3D model already you would be paying a small price for that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jonahsr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 28, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
I do a lot of e-commerce work: most of the product creatives and images suck!

If you can overlap this with 'lifestyle' images - you can smash this business out of the park.
Haha, thanks for your honest feedback. I think there was an issue with caching & stuff looked really shitty, but that should be fixed now. What do you mean by lifestyle images?

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Haha, thanks for your honest feedback. I think there was an issue with caching & stuff looked really shitty, but that should be fixed now. What do you mean by lifestyle images?

I think he meant images in general usually suck, not yours.

But he's onto something with the lifestyle images! This is a big problem for us.

Imagine you do a 3D model of a television, great..

But if you could do a lifestyle version of that TV in a nice living room? that's an upsell opportunity for sure!

Is there potential to turn this into augmented reality in the future? - that would be game changing.

And the reason I suggest an image upload instead of website is because some people have thousands of products, like me... sending you to my website would be pointless as some items are simple, some are complex.

jonahsr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 28, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal

But he's onto something with the lifestyle images! This is a big problem for us.

But if you could do a lifestyle version of that TV in a nice living room? that's an upsell opportunity for sure!

Is there potential to turn this into augmented reality in the future? - that would be game changing.

And the reason I suggest an image upload instead of website is because some people have thousands of products, like me... sending you to my website would be pointless as some items are simple, some are complex.
Ah yeah, I definitely misunderstood that! I'm just not sure yet whether to make this an upsell or offer it as a standalone (different website since the 360... title already implies 360 images, not lifestyle images?)...

How do you mean augmented reality? I saw that IKEA already has an augmented reality app: How Ikea is using augmented reality - Digiday

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Yeah, not yours! I mean most e-commerce stores have shit images. They don't get it.

This app addresses that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.