The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Philosophical question] If money wasn't an issue, what would you do to improve your everyday life?

maikooo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 7, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I'm writing this in the mindset section because I believe this has a lot to do with identity (from the perspective of the identity that MJ talks in the book Unscripted ).

I recently made some profit from entrepreneur activity and I decided to invest it in tools that would make my life easier. So I bought some premium apps and software that I was avoiding before because I was trying to keep expenses low.

After using premium tools I realized that not only the quality of my work was higher but also I was spending much less on other activities and of course saving time.

Then I connected some dots in my mind. I remember interacting with some very successful entrepreneurs in their early stages and with others that were well established in their fields. And I remember that they would spend a lot of money on premium services and products which seemed fullish to me at the time.

But if your identity is that of a successful person living in abundance, it makes sense to spend money to make your everyday life better. And I don't mean to go on a spending tour and waste all your money on instant gratification activities.

So my question to you, especially to those who have found their way on the positive side of success is: If money wasn't an issue, what would you pay for premium service and products? What would you do to improve your everyday life?

Get a personal chef who prepares all meals for me based on the teachings of Michael Greger's "How not to die" book. I will not have to think about what to cook, how to cook, when to cook aaaand the biggest pain in the a$$, I wouldn't have to go grocery shopping!

Actually, my vision of wealth is to reach a level where I can afford such a personal chef/nutritionist. I don't give rats a$$ about lambos (beautiful cars though), but I'd buy me a "shiny" personal chef :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Get a personal chef who prepares all meals for me based on the teachings of Michael Greger's "How not to die" book. I will not have to think about what to cook, how to cook, when to cook aaaand the biggest pain in the a$$, I wouldn't have to go grocery shopping!

Actually, my vision of wealth is to reach a level where I can afford such a personal chef/nutritionist. I don't give rats a$$ about lambos (beautiful cars though), but I'd buy me a "shiny" personal chef :)
Personally, I wouldn't want the disruption of someone coming into my home to do the cooking. With the services that deliver groceries, you don't have to go shopping now. And you can get a service to send you pre-collected meals -- all ready to cook including the directions. Cooking is not a hard task. But, everyone has his own dream...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
And then what? You'll wake up someday and discover that you yearn for home and hearth. It's like eating too much candy. At first, traveling is all very exciting. Then it becomes your "normal," and it loses its luster. It becomes all about packing up, leaving your friends and the familiar. Again. I found it to be a lonely and solitary life.

But, I can say that when I need to process a problem, I do go alone on a trip to have time to think. Traveling does its place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
1. Fix my sleep schedule
2. Eat higher quality foods
3. Meet more people
4. Get educated in something that interests me, not something that pays the bills
5. I would drive the GT3 in my profile rather than my Mazda3.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Like some others have said it would be a personal chef. I'm big into fitness, I would spend a premium on getting the highest quality organic foods and supplements to feed my body.

Also, traveling would be amazing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.