The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hm, who am I...?

FriendlyVillain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Apr 9, 2019
…that’s a very interesting question, which I’ve been trying to answer for a while

Onto the basics:
I’ve been on this planet for 24 years
I consider myself quite the curious person
I’ve always learned stuff others told me I could not. I suppose I like the satisfaction from proving others wrong, while at the same time proving myself I can!

Ever since my early years, I’ve desired to play the guitar, and so one day I picked up my great-dad’s old six-string instrument, that had a surface which felt more like a cardboard than wood, but that’s another story… I was 16 back then, and I told my parents I am gonna learn through YouTube. For the first three months I’ve been playing it out of tune. That’s 90 days, memorizing finger positions, without reproducing any decent sound… Fast forward to today, I really appreciate my stubbornness…

One of my weak sides is that I am too self-absorbed. I’ve spent a lot of time meditating and observing myself as to how would I react emotionally to different things in life. It’s true my emotions used to get the better of me, and I’ve lost a couple of relationships due to that, but we all live and learn.

Anyhow, one of my core interests is human nature. By observing myself, I learn how others react as well… after all, we are the same species. This might have gone too deep
…or not :)

Professionally, I must confess something- I really don’t have that much experience, when compared to other peers my age. I am from Europe, and I graduated a foreign university. I didn’t have to work, as my parents were good enough to provide me with everything I needed (think food). During the summer breaks I interned for several international banks in my country, and life seemed good until…

… until I graduated and realized I actually had no plan for the future. So, I went to my hometown, and found a job as a business analyst. At the same time, I started listening to audio books, with a focus on business. Naturally, I stumbled across TMF , and then I also read Unscripted . Needless to say, I loved both of them!

Due to my superior-to-the-average-person-in-my-country education I negotiated a pay way above the average for someone who’s just starting. Naturally, this allows me to live pretty comfortably. But this is also a double-edged sword…

Prior to starting my job, I was wondering what was all the fuss about with the “9 to 5” schedule. But… you know, there is a reason I am writing this post right now…

I am starting to hate it, and I’ve worked for only 8 months. There are people who go through this hell for years. My boss only cares about getting money, and not solving problems. Naturally, this closes so many doors for him, and ultimately- for his firm. However, I consider him a representative of the average boss in my country (conclusion, after discussing with people from my surroundings).

So, I am committing to the FastLane! But I need some guidance. With so much information available, I really feel lost. My mind is constantly racing, thinking of ways to get rich… and that’s the problem. I find it hard to focus on solving problems for some reason. I am constantly comparing myself with people a lot more successful than me. Funny enough, I compare their end result, with my situation right now, which is obviously not right. Also, I can’t choose an industry to focus on. I have signed an NDA, so for the next year, I can’t work in the same industry outside of my current company, so that’s a bummer…

I think this post is long enough already, so I will just stop it here. I hope I gave you pretty good idea of who am I.

I know a lot of you have gone through similar struggles, so tell me guys, how did you overcome them?

P.S.
I've read Lex's copywriting tips, could you provide me with some feedback on the text itself. Mainly, was it interesting for you to read :?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...