The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Master of My Own Fear - Primarily Weight-Loss *155 pounds lost*

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
I absolutely HATE running. Looking for an outcome of a stronger individual.

If you hate running so much? Why dont you try lifting?

According to the book "Body by science" fitness and Aerobic training is pretty much waste of time, you burn far more calories by lifting weights and as a bonus you train your cardio system at the same time ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071597174/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
If you hate running so much? Why dont you try lifting?

According to the book "Body by science" fitness and Aerobic training is pretty much waste of time, you burn far more calories by lifting weights and as a bonus you train your cardio system at the same time ;)

Running has been very rewarding. It shows that I'm capable of much more. Who said I don't lift?

Let's get this out of the way now. What works for you. Will quite possibly not work for myself. Sure, we can have a general set of principles. Rules, if you must. I simply got tired of "following" said rules. Once I did that. I became open minded. I found exactly what worked for myself.

The end result: 145 lbs lost.

Wasn't because of some fancy this or that. It was, keeping my head down and nose to the grind stone.

Diet is a fancy word they want to sell you.

It is a way of life. Nothing more. Nothing less. Don't over complicate it.

Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Dude, you're killing it! Keep up the great work!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Just got off the scale: 210 lbs.

Unknown territory. Feels awesome! Pressing down on the accelerator. Gotta go. Bye-Bye!!

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

Just got off the scale: 210 lbs.

Unknown territory. Feels awesome! Pressing down on the accelerator. Gotta go. Bye-Bye!!
You now weigh less than I do, despite me having over a hundred pound head start on you. You have officially fat shamed me.... I'm fat and ashamed of how inconsistent my effort has been. :clench:

Rep++++

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You now weigh less than I do, despite me having over a hundred pound head start on you. You have officially fat shamed me.... I'm fat and ashamed of how inconsistent my effort has been. :clench:

Rep++++

So what are you going to do about that?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Already been back on my diet for a while - slower going than before, not entirely sure why.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Already been back on my diet for a while - slower going than before, not entirely sure why.

@Raoul Duke Did you lose 145lbs with a diet?

G-man, what do you mean by it's going slower? What is going slower, you weight lose or trying to force a different eating structure on yourself that you've already claimed is temporary?

The point I am making, no one makes it anywhere sustainable with a diet. The word itself is the crutch. There is no point suffering for 3 months if you still associate pleasure with all the stuff you "can't" eat for a while. This is also true with cheat days.

Change your habits to more empowering ones when deciding what to eat(there is a process for this), and set it in for life. You need to eat better for better results, you wouldn't put shit gas in a Ferrari, so don't do it to your body then wonder why your body and mind perform like shit. Once you make the decision to make permanent change in your life psychologically.... your body just has to catch up.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

G-man, what do you mean by it's going slower? What is going slower, you weight lose or trying to force a different eating structure on yourself that you've already claimed is temporary?

The point I am making, no one makes it anywhere sustainable with a diet. The word itself is the crutch. There is no point suffering for 3 months if you still associate pleasure with all the stuff you "can't" eat for a while. This is also true with cheat days.

Change your habits to more empowering ones when deciding what to eat(there is a process for this), and set it in for life. You need to eat better for better results, you wouldn't put sh*t gas in a Ferrari, so don't do it to your body then wonder why your body and mind perform like sh*t. Once you make the decision to make permanent change in your life psychologically.... your body just has to catch up.

So - I've made the permanent change to vegan a little less than a year ago - and the weight loss has been slow but steady (4-5 lbs/mo). I'm currently on a more restrictive diet - and I call it a diet because I don't intend it to be permanent, it's too restrictive - called a nutritarian plan. I used it to rebuild my immune system after an illness last year, and one of the of side effects was also more rapid weight loss. I went back to the plan hoping it would clear up the recurring sinus issues I've had as well as get another 20-30 lbs down. It's helping my sinuses, but I'm not experiencing the rapid weight loss like before.

EDIT: the inconsistency I was referring to above is mostly policing my grain intake and getting solid cardio sessions in. Here I still haven't really truly made the lifestyle shift, esp with the exercise part.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Rep++++

Change your habits to more empowering ones when deciding what to eat(there is a process for this), and set it in for life. You need to eat better for better results, you wouldn't put sh*t gas in a Ferrari, so don't do it to your body then wonder why your body and mind perform like sh*t. Once you make the decision to make permanent change in your life psychologically.... your body just has to catch up.

So - I've made the permanent change to vegan a little less than a year ago - and the weight loss has been slow but steady (4-5 lbs/mo). I'm currently on a more restrictive diet - and I call it a diet because I don't intend it to be permanent, it's too restrictive - called a nutritarian plan. I used it to rebuild my immune system after an illness last year, and one of the of side effects was also more rapid weight loss. I went back to the plan hoping it would clear up the recurring sinus issues I've had as well as get another 20-30 lbs down. It's helping my sinuses, but I'm not experiencing the rapid weight loss like before.

EDIT: the inconsistency I was referring to above is mostly policing my grain intake and getting solid cardio sessions in. Here I still haven't really truly made the lifestyle shift, esp with the exercise part.

I can't say what will work best for yourself, or any other person. It isn't a diet. I know that for sure. It is a lifestyle. It should be based upon your fitness goal.

Example: If you want to be a ultramarathon runner. What exercise routines work best? What food works best? You can look up other runners and go... Then you plateau. Most people then fall back to the same ole same ole. Not understanding that you have to adjust "Plug n Play". What works for you, probably won't work myself.

Now, If I am Rock Climber. My exercise and food will be totally different from the ultramarathon runner. Somethings may be true. But, again, it is based on yourself, not you.

My big secret is that I hugely fascinated by Elon Musk. His first principles talk Kevin Rose, really got me to think. Although, I didn't do much with it, until later.

I sat down and figured out what got me to the point of being obese. I found my fundamental truth. I eliminated those items. As I went on. I simply listened to my body. I know I was going to only eat One Meal a Day & Fast. So, that gave myself, a bigger advantage to try foods. I did go vegan. Felt good. But, I Plateaued. I made new adjustments.

Eliminate the word diet. Try things. If you noticed what isn't working. Pull that item back. Add something else. Not going to be a one size fits all.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Current weight: 183 lbs. A bit of a struggle. Not with food. Exercising type stuff. Went to the doctor. Had test ran, nothing popped up. I have loose skin. We talked about plastic surgery. Which, I'm not going, to do.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
You knew loose skin was gonna be a problem when you started.

Exercising sucks for everybody but don’t beat yourself up just yet.. you’ve done incredibly well. You might just need a change.

Plyometrics will firm up the fascia in your body. Light jogging stuff or mini trampoline stuff.

You’ve been putting your body through a ton, forgive it a bit for not doing what you clearly want it to. This stage will be behind you soon and man are you gonna be an inspiration to others, for a long time.

Meanwhile, hugs. You’re doing damn good dude. Now find a way to do it even better.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Awesome progress @Raoul Duke! Thanks for sharing! :)

How much better do you feel with your weightloss compared to before?

What are the biggest mindset changes you've experienced along the way?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
You knew loose skin was gonna be a problem when you started.

Exercising sucks for everybody but don’t beat yourself up just yet.. you’ve done incredibly well. You might just need a change.

Plyometrics will firm up the fascia in your body. Light jogging stuff or mini trampoline stuff.

You’ve been putting your body through a ton, forgive it a bit for not doing what you clearly want it to. This stage will be behind you soon and man are you gonna be an inspiration to others, for a long time.

Meanwhile, hugs. You’re doing damn good dude. Now find a way to do it even better.

It isn't about exercising. I keep my moving my goal weight. What type of body do I want. I am a bit worried about stopping and doing a clean bulk. Afraid, that I might, put the weight, back on.

I run 10 miles M - F. Every couple of weeks. I will run 15 - 20 miles. Just one day. Trying not to overwork my legs, knees, etc...

Awesome progress @Raoul Duke! Thanks for sharing! :)

How much better do you feel with your weightloss compared to before?

What are the biggest mindset changes you've experienced along the way?

I am not sure if I could put into words on how much better I feel. Dropping sugar, has made, a huge difference.

Biggest mindset change: Would be, that I can, push myself, further than I thought. I do have better clarity. I'm not in a "caffeine" fog anymore.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
It isn't about exercising. I keep my moving my goal weight. What type of body do I want. I am a bit worried about stopping and doing a clean bulk. Afraid, that I might, put the weight, back on.

I run 10 miles M - F. Every couple of weeks. I will run 15 - 20 miles. Just one day. Trying not to overwork my legs, knees, etc...

I am not sure if I could put into words on how much better I feel. Dropping sugar, has made, a huge difference.

Biggest mindset change: Would be, that I can, push myself, further than I thought. I do have better clarity. I'm not in a "caffeine" fog anymore.

You’re never gonna put the weight back on. You’re gonna buy all new clothes that aren’t stretchy and when they get tight you’ll realize what’s happening and self-correct. Stretchy pants are from the devil.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Don't know how I missed this thread for over a year. In the first few pages I marked it NOTABLE, by the time it reached the current date, GOLD. Congrats @Raoul Duke -- if you can do this, arguably one of the hardest things any human can undergo, you can do anything.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Current weight: 170 lbs

Stilling running 10 - 15 miles a day. With one day at 20 miles. This is M - F. I found that this works early in the morning for me. I'm up at 6 am. Start my run at 7 am. I have NOT.... missed a day.

Early 2019, my father, had a heart attack. So, that, really really really put my but into gear. It has been amazing watching his weight loss as well. He joins in a run every now again.

My girlfriend, and I, were expecting our first child. We had a miscarriage. Then a few months later. A family committed suicide. Had I not picked up running. I'm not sure were I would be right now. Running... saved my life. I found a comfort running on a day by day basis. I do however believe I haven't "fully" recovered. Hadn't really dwelled on it. Just putting one foot in front of the other.

Life is good. Everyone in our family is doing well. My girlfriend is great as well.

I am expecting big things in 2020.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 8, 2018
England

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Nice work dude! Let's see some updated pictures! @ 170 you are lighter than me at the same height.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Current weight: 170 lbs

Jesus.

When you started this, you were 160 lbs heavier than I was.

Now you're 10 lbs lighter than I am.

You've literally lost an entire adult's worth of weight since you started.

Congradu friggen lations!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.