The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just opened my first store (not final photos) should I advertise already?

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
Hi everyone,
I just opened my store but I still don't have the final photos because I need the sun out!
However my actual photos aren't that bad so I'm wondering if I should wait or should I start advertising as soon as possible?
Thanks in advance! The website is: www.gwerystore.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Why wait? Site looks fine to me.. If you have the resources to start driving traffic to your website and can accept sales, then start doing it now. It's probably spring break for hundreds of colleges right now, so go get sales with that in mind.

Waiting for things to be perfect makes you wait forever.

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
Why wait? Site looks fine to me.. If you have the resources to start driving traffic to your website and can accept sales, then start doing it now. It's probably spring break for hundreds of colleges right now, so go get sales with that in mind.

Waiting for things to be perfect makes you wait forever.

I guess I worry too much about first impressions! Maybe I will start running some ads on google and when I get more photos on social media I will run there then.
Thanks for the insight!

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Awesome website, seriously so good! I would start advertising asap!

The only things I would add to your site are: beach lifestyle photos for every single towel product page, and if you are targeting the US make sure to also have inches for the sizing on your product pages. Best of luck!

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
Awesome website, seriously so good! I would start advertising asap!

The only things I would add to your site are: beach lifestyle photos for every single towel product page, and if you are targeting the US make sure to also have inches for the sizing on your product pages. Best of luck!
Yes, as i said I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can take the final photos ^^ Thanks anyway!

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Nothing wrong with that site. On to the sales!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Don’t change anything. Looks great.

Immediately start reaching out to Instagram and YouTube accounts and asking them to become affiliates of your product, and agree to pay them for each sale they bring you using a coupon code.

Figure out how much you’re willing to pay for each sale and then negotiate with influencers to work out a deal that’s under that price.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
However my actual photos aren't that bad so I'm wondering if I should wait or should I start advertising as soon as possible?
Start now!
I remember reading that if you aren't embarrassed by your first product or launch than you waited too long.
Although in your case the site looks great.
I browsed through it and all the pages opened quickly and everything looks really clean.
I agree with an earlier post, build as you go. Get more eyeballs on it anyway you can.
Good Luck and Great Job!

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
The website looks awesome.

Can you share the timeline for how it took to go from concept/idea to this stage?

As somebody pointed out, this is the kind of product that can kill it on Instagram

Around 1 year and a half for all the legal stuff, to develop the products and building the website taking into consideration that me and my partner had very limited coding skills.

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
Hey, your stuff looks great! I'd love to have you do some photos for branding in the future, if you decide to freelance. You have some skill, just go ahead and market it. Keep working on your confidence, and you'll get better and better at sales, and getting people to believe in the product.

Niall

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Mar 10, 2019
Around 1 year and a half for all the legal stuff, to develop the products and building the website taking into consideration that me and my partner had very limited coding skills.

Please ignore this question if it's not allowed, (I'm new here) but did produce your own products or are you using drop shipping?

I'm glad you mentioned coding. I don't have an e-commerce store, but I like the idea of setting up if the product is right.

My experience is in Marketing and although I'm considering learning how to code, I'm not sure how much time I'd need to invest in it to know enough?

Or would I be better hiring someone else for all coding purposes?

I realize this is an open-ended question, but appreciate if you could expand on your experience with learning to code (presumably from zero experience beforehand)

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
eFfmdb3.jpg

c274173578555e780f5db39afee2e430de927935624c59ff4406fbe54eb50202.jpg

82179380.jpg

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
Please ignore this question if it's not allowed, (I'm new here) but did produce your own products or are you using drop shipping?

I'm glad you mentioned coding. I don't have an e-commerce store, but I like the idea of setting up if the product is right.

My experience is in Marketing and although I'm considering learning how to code, I'm not sure how much time I'd need to invest in it to know enough?

Or would I be better hiring someone else for all coding purposes?

I realize this is an open-ended question, but appreciate if you could expand on your experience with learning to code (presumably from zero experience beforehand)
I'm producing my own products.
You can pretty much do everything without any coding experience, there is a lot of "already asked" questions out there, you just need to google it.
If you have the time you can do it yourselfe. If you would rather spend some money and save some time, which is completely up to you, you can hire someone...

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Hi everyone,
I just opened my store but I still don't have the final photos because I need the sun out!

Looking great! I'd start marketing like a mofo at this point.

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
Hey Decio, have you thought of branching out into items such as scarves? I'd be totally into a fashion scarf..your material looks really high quality.
Hi! Yes, branching out is a super tempting idea however I don't wanna spread the attention too much...maybe do that and create a website just for other products? I still dont know, those are things that will have time to be discussed when all the branding is done, photoshoot is tomorrow! :D Cheers

Departed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 15, 2017
Europe
Hi,

While I agree with the others that the photos are good I am not so sure about the copy.
Just some pointers:

1. What's up with "be yourself. be unique"? I personally, don't believe that people are searching for something "unique" or a "fashion statement" when looking for beach towels. This is not fashion. Yes, the design plays an important role too but is this your ONE killer number1 sales argument? Just from the top of my head:

"Lay on a CLOUD OF ... chemical-free, 100% cotton, hand-made ... SOFTNESS".

Then you could explain how most beach towels are often made from cheap stuff from China. But YOUR towels....your family has a roots in the textile industry...you know everything about textils. How many hours do you lay on your towel on a beach day? ..." Now load that with powerful visual adjectives. Show clear, bright, high-impact visual images in their head. Demonstrate your product in their minds. How a nice beach towel is part of the celebration of a wonderful beach day" etc. etc.

2. About us page
....a lot of bla bla. "combined with the desire and drive to innovate, allows us to idealize and develop original high-quality products." You could put that on a site that is selling garlic presses.

"Who are we?
Gwery was founded, in 2017, by two cousins with family roots on the textile manufacturing industry. This heritage, combined with the desire and drive to innovate, allows us to idealize and develop original high-quality products."

"Why beach towels?
Portugal is the answer! A place where the sun shines all year round and which is home to the most beautiful beaches in the world. So, as beach lovers ourselves, we grabbed the opportunity to challenge the paradigm, bringing something different to the market."

This is your number one reason? Because the sun is shining a lot in portugal and you have nice beaches? Again, so many opportunities to differentiate yourself, show WHY you are selling a premium product. People could lay on a towel from their bathroom and still enjoy the beautiful beach... But you guys, you live by the beach. You are at the beach almost every day. You know how even the tinniest thing, such as a cheap beach towel, can ruin a great day at the beach. Itchy, hard fabric that is distracting you from enjoying the view, wrinkled skin after a long beach days, sand that is sticking to the cheap fabric" etc. etc.

And one last point, I don't know what your target market is but I (as a non-native english speaker) already found some typos, mistakes etc.

I hope I did not sound to harsh and maybe this was only your "temporary" copy...just want to help by providing my perspective. You guys worked for over 1 year on your products. That is like crafting a piece of art for a year and then wrapping it in a plastic bag from the supermarket next door.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hi,

While I agree with the others that the photos are good I am not so sure about the copy.
Just some pointers:

1. What's up with "be yourself. be unique"? I personally, don't believe that people are searching for something "unique" or a "fashion statement" when looking for beach towels. This is not fashion. Yes, the design plays an important role too but is this your ONE killer number1 sales argument? Just from the top of my head:

Then you could explain how most beach towels are often made from cheap stuff from China. But YOUR towels....your family has a roots in the textile industry...you know everything about textils. How many hours do you lay on your towel on a beach day? ..." Now load that with powerful visual adjectives. Show clear, bright, high-impact visual images in their head. Demonstrate your product in their minds. How a nice beach towel is part of the celebration of a wonderful beach day" etc. etc.

2. About us page
....a lot of bla bla. "combined with the desire and drive to innovate, allows us to idealize and develop original high-quality products." You could put that on a site that is selling garlic presses.

"Who are we?
Gwery was founded, in 2017, by two cousins with family roots on the textile manufacturing industry. This heritage, combined with the desire and drive to innovate, allows us to idealize and develop original high-quality products."

"Why beach towels?
Portugal is the answer! A place where the sun shines all year round and which is home to the most beautiful beaches in the world. So, as beach lovers ourselves, we grabbed the opportunity to challenge the paradigm, bringing something different to the market."

This is your number one reason? Because the sun is shining a lot in portugal and you have nice beaches? Again, so many opportunities to differentiate yourself, show WHY you are selling a premium product. People could lay on a towel from their bathroom and still enjoy the beautiful beach... But you guys, you live by the beach. You are at the beach almost every day. You know how even the tinniest thing, such as a cheap beach towel, can ruin a great day at the beach. Itchy, hard fabric that is distracting you from enjoying the view, wrinkled skin after a long beach days, sand that is sticking to the cheap fabric" etc. etc.

And one last point, I don't know what your target market is but I (as a non-native english speaker) already found some typos, mistakes etc.

I hope I did not sound to harsh and maybe this was only your "temporary" copy...just want to help by providing my perspective. You guys worked for over 1 year on your products. That is like crafting a piece of art for a year and then wrapping it in a plastic bag from the supermarket next door.

TOTALLY THIS. IMO, OP's real product will not his beach towels but how he plays his marketing and story / angle instead.

Décio Costa

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 15, 2019
Hi,

Just some pointers:

2. About us page

"Who are we?

"Why beach towels?

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed comment! I really agree with basically everything you pointed out. As this is my first time dealing with customers I still lack that kind of insight. I will definitely work on those things and maybe get someone experient to help! Thanks a lot again, cheers!

empiricalwriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria
Hi everyone,
Great site, professional templates! The best time to start is NOW! Wish you success

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.