The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Win the crowd win your Freedom! - Corporate America

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Hi All,

I am silverfox148 a 32 year old male living in the southwest U.S.
I like to run/trail run and I exercise/lift weights daily. I also like to read literature both fiction and non fiction. I consider myself a high performance person, but I have always applied my talent towards the "script" instead of looking to get "unscripted " which is what I should have done all along. I would have already been multimillionaire if I had done so, people encouraged me to do so at the time, but my thoughts just weren't there at the time.

I came across MJ's Millionaire Fastlane a 3-4 years ago along with Felix Dennis's book on how to get wealthy. I have to admit at the time, I read MJ's book but it didn't click, I didn't have the desire for true freedom looking back on it. Fast forward 3-4 years and now I am deadly serious about obtaining my freedom as I am now in my 30s and I have realized time is slipping by very quickly and I must take action.

I don't necessarily desire money. I grew up pretty poor as an immigrant here in the U.S as well as my home country. However, what I do desire is freedom to be able to pursue my true interests and I now realize that only money can provide me the ability to purchase the needed free time to follow my true interests: Running/Exercise/Weight Lifting, Literature, Hiking, Aviation, History, Family. I would also like leave a true legacy to my kids other than just being a company man, eight hours of the best part of the day is a huge price to pay for just six figures I'm coming to realize as I value my time more and more.

I have a 4 year university degree , in the past 10 years since graduating college I have worked in a variety of Fortune 50 companies , very big ones as a Software Developer/Analyst/Architect roles. I now make 6 figures but I have realized the money will only purchase true freedom too late in the game at the current rate(if it holds, otherwise screwed), it's not exponential, which is what I need. I have climbed to be one of the best developers in my specific areas at each of the companies I have worked at which is not easy given these large companies have a lot of internal competition. Since a kid I have always been a top performer at anything I decide to compete in, I am naturally gifted at solving complex problems and analyzing systems, so I provide a ton of value to these big corporate machines/systems because I can break them down to add value or solve issues.

However, my biggest gift is that when I get obsessed with something I will do whatever it takes to achieve the objective, it doesn't matter if I have to eat dirt or fall asleep with a computer on my chest analyzing something, I will do it. This is a double edged sword however, as it has gotten me in trouble in other areas of life, which I have learned from.

I have never started a business but am currently working on a SAAS offering as my first product, it's clear I have the needed skills in the software development arena, that would give me the best shot at achieving something worthwhile in the quickest amount of time. All my experience is in the Enterprise level arena with big systems which have proprietary coding languages, I am good at JAVA, Javascript, HTML5, other languages, etc. I have built SAAS like systems(LAMP like)
while I was in college 10 or so years ago. for true business use(not classes). I just finished up doing development work and architect work on a pretty big internal SAAS like solution for my employer which saved millions of dollars.I also have a business degree so I am proficient with accounting/finance and have a good understanding of the business world due to listening to podcasts/observation/taking notes. I can deconstruct any process/system very quickly at an abstract level to add value.

This is a long introduction, I know this is a serious forum from viewing the threads so I wanted to let y'all know about me. Hopefully we get to work together at some point to solve problems and add value and thereby become free!

If y'all have any questions let me know.

"Win the crowd and you will win your freedom"- From one of my favorite movies, Gladiator.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro, welcome aboard!

Says you're in the SW? As in AZ?

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Great intro, welcome aboard!

Says you're in the SW? As in AZ?

Yes MJ, I am located here in the Phoenix metro, I moved out here about 4.5 years ago.
I like the area, it has grown on me, I grew up in New Mexico. The heat in the summer can get pretty strong here though, although the weather has been nice the last few weeks, gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

My claim to fame with the heat is having hiked a South Mountain trail(Marco De Niza) in August with a hiking group at 5PM , it was about 115 outside at the time, 1.5 hour hike :). I was fine but my water in my black metal water bottle was hot as coffee water at the end of the hike.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Nice, welcome! Looking forward to your progress thread if you make one :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...