The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Its been one year of FLF for me. This forum will change your life and Ill prove it.

Mido

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 29, 2017
EGYPT
I joined this forum one year ago, I got the alert today and I had to sit back and look at what I've done and what I havent done.

Im prepared to completely dominate the rest of the years that were gifted to me.

I joined at 19 years old. In fact, I turn 21 in 13 days. To be honest, I literally had nothing going for me back then. I have always been driven and passionate through my competitive lifting and sport background but I graduated high school and seemed to venture aimlessly in multiple directions.

My dad lost his job, my parents got divorced, my dad lost his purpose and remains unemployed today and we went from living in a 3000 square foot house to a 800 square foot mobile home. I went from having a college education paid for and given to me to having nothing given to me and having to fend for myself.

I hated every F*ckin minute of living in that shit hole mobile home. My room fit a small bed and I put two huge white boards on the wall. I would write my goals down of the things I would accomplish and every morning I would get up and go.

I joined this forum with nothing but an open willingness to learn, a burning ambition, and a work ethic.

I would say the first 4-6 months was pure horse shit and figuring out how things work with some mental masturbation and action faking. I would toss ideas around, read, and read, and read through peoples threads, through the inside posts, through bold and determined and danger and play as well... But something started to shift back in October...

I needed to find better people to surround myself with. I would literally smoke or go to some shitty party every weekend. But I would dream.. I would dream so much about my future of wealth and freedom. But my actions didnt line up with my dreams and goals.

I ended up finding people who were EXACTLY what I was looking for... They were into self improvement, meditation, learning, business, travel, and game. They were older than me and their habits were astounding. I adopted them.. waking up at 5am, meditate, read, visualize, work on yourself, I launched my business, started attending real estate investment meetings, joined toastmasters etc... Catapulted my life in the right direction..
  • I launched a fitness apparel line with the intention of simply learning business.. I want to know the ins and outs and I love working out and this line is finally gaining traction and we are in talks with our first store and surpassed 15k instagram followers... Sales are in the 100-500/month range
  • I found a mentor through the real estate investment meetings who owns 5-6 businesses, has an 8 figure net worth, and is a fulfilled and complete man... someone I've never had the ability to be around with the crowd I was in... we hit it off and are in talks constantly... EVERYTHING HE SAYS I record with his permission. His words are gold and his advice is harsh but right on point. I cant explain the benefit of having this type of person in your life.
  • I purchased my first home (a duplex) and effectively househacked it just like in @G_Alexander's thread found here: GOLD - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
The significance of this is that I will never pay rent again, my mortgage payment is covered by my tenants and roomate and I get to CHOOSE who I surround myself with. My roomate also just turned 21 and will be releasing his coffee business on Amazon this summer.
  • I joined a paid mastermind that I never would have done had I not learned the lesson that sometimes you MUST PAY TO LEARN... in some cases you dont but paying people who have done what you have done is a GOOD thing. Through this I am/ will be learning the ins and outs of sales, cold calling, and online biz.
    • On top of that I am in the process of closing my first sale for 1k and I havent even really gotten started yet.
  • I am 5 speeches away from my competent communicator and I am already 100 times better than I ever thought I would be... If you want to speak or ever will be in the position to speak Join Toastmasters, my group is a really chill group of people 2-3 times my age but they all have a ton of experience which kills the learning curve and you progress quickly.
My Goals:

I havent really spoken of my goals at all on this forum and I generally dont but here are a few that I would like to accomplish within the next 1-10 years:
  • I am still working a W2, I would like to replace my work income within the next year.
  • Travel the world
  • Millionaire by 25.
  • Own 100 units of of real estate that cash flow by 25.
  • Have my business make 10k/month in sales (@Vick's thread was super motivating and pretty epic to read)
Action Items:

If your stuck doin nothing here is some shit I would do...
  • Change your mindset.. I have to thank @AndrewNC for this... his thread on the inside is worth the subscription because he twists your mind in ways you never viewed. He kills the lies you tell yourself right in front of your face leaving you with your own failures to stare back at you. Once you've realized your faults you are able to change them.
  • OFFER VALUE. I am so thankful to @MJ DeMarco for instilling his books values into my mind. When I mentioned offering value to my mentor I think he was taken aback by my approach. I offered to help him with ANYTHING and the second time we spoke he made contact with me to see how I was doing... I need to hit him up here soon :) This goes for in business as well as with people.
  • Develop your skillset.. You should realize that you MUST KNOW sales, marketing, copywriting, communication skills, etc... For example when I joined I checked out the Gary halbert thread, bought every book minus the 4th edition of one because it was hard to find (still looking), read every book and completed @SinisterLex's 15 day challenge to understand and learn this skillset.
  • Reprogram your mind...For many of you, you have been taught when to shit, eat, work, and sleep. Its engrained in us from the time we are born, through our schooling and in the work environment. You MUST reprogram your mind to be YOU. You dont even realize it but some of you are in a haze, a fog that is not reality. Realize that your reality is what YOU create and you have the power to create it. Like my mentor says, " life is a game and it's your game once you begin to own it".
    • TO do so I would recommend multiple things:
    • Read
    • Learn!
    • ADOPT A GROWTH MINDSET RATHER THAN A FIXED MINDSET (Read mindset on Amazon)
    • Listen to Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, RSD self development and people like this!
    • Listen to podcasts.. lewis howes, MFCEO project, biggerpockets, art of charm, achieve your goals, smart passive income... theyre all free.
    • Get audiobooks.
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single F*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Meet Like Minded People Like this isnt a common trend in my whole write up... Mentors, friends, associates, sexy girls... When you realize that by offering MASSIVE VALUE people want to be around you is when your life will shift... when you can talk to a girl, mentor, or like minded friend and have them in mind while still remaining on your purpose they will align with your mission and you can both help each other.
  • Write down your goals
    • Write your goals down every week
    • review them everyday
    • adjust, correct, and work on them constantly.
    • What is out of site is out of mind.
    • Get a journal to document progress, thoughts, ideas, and future goals.
  • Treat this forum as a gold mine...There is so much value in this website that it blows my mind, its given me the ability to make money from an idea in my head, its given me the ability to understand why people think the way they do, its given me a way for people to pay for me to live for free... Its given me mentors, life stories, business stories, life advice, harsh advice and I am so greatful to have stumbled across a single book that started it all.
  • Read The Millionaire Fastlane .. and read it again... Its all there for you .
Finally...

Go Take What is Yours. Everyone says "Take Action" F*ck that. Action is not targeted and it does not have a true why buried in its heart. One day you will realize that you will die. You will realize that the girl you let walk passed you could have been the one. You will realize that the job security you have mens NOTHING and you are as disposable to your company as my kleenex is to me. You will wake up one morning, similar to this morning but you will be old, 40 years will have passed, your dreams will have died along with your passion and love for living.

That scares me so much more than failing in any endeavor.

The only thing stopping you in your life is you and that is what this forum has awakened for me. The limits you think you have, are ones you set for yourself. Now... Im only 20, my accomplishments are meager to many of the millionaires on this forum. But the hardest part in this whole journey towards taking steps to achieving goals and producing results has been mental.

Well... Back to work. I splurged this out so if you need clarification or have questions on anything lemme know.
When you were stuck, how did you meet people who were crushing it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
When you were stuck, how did you meet people who were crushing it?

-onine
-meet ups
-school
-work
-friends

Just start talking about what you want to do and screen people out. Also podcasts and youtube are gold in this day and age.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Wow.

This is the first post I read on this forum and I can already tell that this website is going to have a huge impact on me. Inspiring story and I wish you the best of success!

Matto

FoolMatto
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 7, 2017
Italy
Great post Envision! I'm 41 and started 8 years ago but still struggling. You are young, and very "lucky" you find be yourself the growth path. Keep on this track.

hayden0001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 23, 2016
I joined this forum one year ago, I got the alert today and I had to sit back and look at what I've done and what I havent done.

Im prepared to completely dominate the rest of the years that were gifted to me.

I joined at 19 years old. In fact, I turn 21 in 13 days. To be honest, I literally had nothing going for me back then. I have always been driven and passionate through my competitive lifting and sport background but I graduated high school and seemed to venture aimlessly in multiple directions.

My dad lost his job, my parents got divorced, my dad lost his purpose and remains unemployed today and we went from living in a 3000 square foot house to a 800 square foot mobile home. I went from having a college education paid for and given to me to having nothing given to me and having to fend for myself.

I hated every F*ckin minute of living in that shit hole mobile home. My room fit a small bed and I put two huge white boards on the wall. I would write my goals down of the things I would accomplish and every morning I would get up and go.

I joined this forum with nothing but an open willingness to learn, a burning ambition, and a work ethic.

I would say the first 4-6 months was pure horse shit and figuring out how things work with some mental masturbation and action faking. I would toss ideas around, read, and read, and read through peoples threads, through the inside posts, through bold and determined and danger and play as well... But something started to shift back in October...

I needed to find better people to surround myself with. I would literally smoke or go to some shitty party every weekend. But I would dream.. I would dream so much about my future of wealth and freedom. But my actions didnt line up with my dreams and goals.

I ended up finding people who were EXACTLY what I was looking for... They were into self improvement, meditation, learning, business, travel, and game. They were older than me and their habits were astounding. I adopted them.. waking up at 5am, meditate, read, visualize, work on yourself, I launched my business, started attending real estate investment meetings, joined toastmasters etc... Catapulted my life in the right direction..
  • I launched a fitness apparel line with the intention of simply learning business.. I want to know the ins and outs and I love working out and this line is finally gaining traction and we are in talks with our first store and surpassed 15k instagram followers... Sales are in the 100-500/month range
  • I found a mentor through the real estate investment meetings who owns 5-6 businesses, has an 8 figure net worth, and is a fulfilled and complete man... someone I've never had the ability to be around with the crowd I was in... we hit it off and are in talks constantly... EVERYTHING HE SAYS I record with his permission. His words are gold and his advice is harsh but right on point. I cant explain the benefit of having this type of person in your life.
  • I purchased my first home (a duplex) and effectively househacked it just like in @G_Alexander's thread found here: GOLD - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
The significance of this is that I will never pay rent again, my mortgage payment is covered by my tenants and roomate and I get to CHOOSE who I surround myself with. My roomate also just turned 21 and will be releasing his coffee business on Amazon this summer.
  • I joined a paid mastermind that I never would have done had I not learned the lesson that sometimes you MUST PAY TO LEARN... in some cases you dont but paying people who have done what you have done is a GOOD thing. Through this I am/ will be learning the ins and outs of sales, cold calling, and online biz.
    • On top of that I am in the process of closing my first sale for 1k and I havent even really gotten started yet.
  • I am 5 speeches away from my competent communicator and I am already 100 times better than I ever thought I would be... If you want to speak or ever will be in the position to speak Join Toastmasters, my group is a really chill group of people 2-3 times my age but they all have a ton of experience which kills the learning curve and you progress quickly.
My Goals:

I havent really spoken of my goals at all on this forum and I generally dont but here are a few that I would like to accomplish within the next 1-10 years:
  • I am still working a W2, I would like to replace my work income within the next year.
  • Travel the world
  • Millionaire by 25.
  • Have my business make 10k/month in sales (@Vick's thread was super motivating and pretty epic to read)
Action Items:

• Change your mindset.. I have to thank @AndrewNC for this... his thread on the inside is worth the subscription because he twists your mind in ways you never viewed. He kills the lies you tell yourself right in front of your face leaving you with your own failures to stare back at you. Once you've realized your faults you are able to change them.
  • OFFER VALUE. I am so thankful to @MJ DeMarco for instilling his books values into my mind. When I mentioned offering value to my mentor I think he was taken aback by my approach. I offered to help him with ANYTHING and the second time we spoke he made contact with me to see how I was doing... I need to hit him up here soon :) This goes for in business as well as with people.
  • Develop your skillset.. You should realize that you MUST KNOW sales, marketing, copywriting, communication skills, etc... For example when I joined I checked out the Gary halbert thread, bought every book minus the 4th edition of one because it was hard to find (still looking), read every book and completed @SinisterLex's 15 day challenge to understand and learn this skillset.
  • Reprogram your mind...For many of you, you have been taught when to shit, eat, work, and sleep. Its engrained in us from the time we are born, through our schooling and in the work environment. You MUST reprogram your mind to be YOU. You dont even realize it but some of you are in a haze, a fog that is not reality. Realize that your reality is what YOU create and you have the power to create it. Like my mentor says, " life is a game and it's your game once you begin to own it".
    • Read
    • Learn!
    • Listen to podcasts.. lewis howes, MFCEO project, biggerpockets, art of charm, achieve your goals, smart passive income... theyre all free.
    • Get audiobooks.
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single f*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Meet Like Minded People Like this isnt a common trend in my whole write up... Mentors, friends, associates, sexy girls... When you realize that by offering MASSIVE VALUE people want to be around you is when your life will shift... when you can talk to a girl, mentor, or like minded friend and have them in mind while still remaining on your purpose they will align with your mission and you can both help each other.
  • Write down your goals
    • review them everyday
  • Treat this forum as a gold mine...There is so much value in this website that it blows my mind, its given me the ability to make money from an idea in my head, its given me the ability to understand why people think the way they do, its given me a way for people to pay for me to live for free... Its given me mentors, life stories, business stories, life advice, harsh advice and I am so greatful to have stumbled across a single book that started it all.
Finally...

Go Take What is Yours. Everyone says "Take Action" f*ck that. Action is not targeted and it does not have a true why buried in its heart. One day you will realize that you will die. You will realize that the girl you let walk passed you could have been the one. You will realize that the job security you have mens NOTHING and you are as disposable to your company as my kleenex is to me. You will wake up one morning, similar to this morning but you will be old, 40 years will have passed, your dreams will have died along with your passion and love for living.

The only thing stopping you in your life is you and that is what this forum has awakened for me. The limits you think you have, are ones you set for yourself. Now... Im only 20, my accomplishments are meager to many of the millionaires on this forum. But the hardest part in this whole journey towards taking steps to achieving goals and producing results has been mental.

Well... Back to work. I splurged this out so if you need clarification or have questions on anything lemme know.

YOU ROCK BRO

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
That inspirational, I've just started and it's stories like this truly help.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Go Take What is Yours. Everyone says "Take Action" f*ck that. Action is not targeted and it does not have a true why buried in its heart. One day you will realize that you will die. You will realize that the girl you let walk passed you could have been the one. You will realize that the job security you have mens NOTHING and you are as disposable to your company as my kleenex is to me. You will wake up one morning, similar to this morning but you will be old, 40 years will have passed, your dreams will have died along with your passion and love for living.

Wow! Just WOW! This may be one of the best if not the best motivational post I've read on the forum thus far. Thank you for the share.

I would like to add that your dead/dying dreams can be revived. At 47 years old I am proof. Just need to find something that speaks to you and moves you like TMFL.

lyndon Green

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2018
South Africa

Nomadic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jan 16, 2016
Very inspiring man. Thanks for the share.

When I was 20, I made the promise to myself to be a millionaire by 25. I dropped out of college (more like failed out because I didn't give af about the stuff I was learning, so just never did it), began some endeavors, and took some actions. The slow lane sucked me in over the years though and I woke up to my 24th birthday the other day and realized I was nowhere near hitting that goal and that I've been wasting A LOT of time. Due to my own actions.

I say that, to say something you already know: don't fall into that slow lane trap man. Keep that goal of yours on your mind everyday, and like you said, you won't wake up years from now regretting what you didn't do. That regret will haunt you and eat at you to your very core. Keep going hard like you're doing and keep up the good work.

Good luck brother. Keep your fire.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Excellent post. Wow, how much you changed from the mobile home days! Congratulations!

Was thinking about that the other day, it doesn't even feel like that was my reality - which just goes to show that what you think about you become.

Hilary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 19, 2018
Kenya

I hated every F*ckin minute of living in that sh*t hole mobile home. My room fit a small bed and I put two huge white boards on the wall. I would write my goals down of the things I would accomplish and every morning I would get up and go.

I would say the first 4-6 months was pure horse sh*t and figuring out how things work with some mental masturbation and action faking. I would toss ideas around, read, and read, and read through peoples threads, through the inside posts, through bold and determined and danger and play as well... But something started to shift back in October...

• I purchased my first home (a duplex) and effectively househacked it just like in @G_Alexander's thread found here: GOLD! - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
My Goals:

• Travel the world
  • Millionaire by 25.
Action Items:

If your stuck doin nothing here is some sh*t I would do...
  • Reprogram your mind...For many of you, you have been taught when to sh*t, eat, work, and sleep. Its engrained in us from the time we are born, through our schooling and in the work environment. You MUST reprogram your mind to be YOU. You dont even realize it but some of you are in a haze, a fog that is not reality. Realize that your reality is what YOU create and you have the power to create it. Like my mentor says, " life is a game and it's your game once you begin to own it".
    • Read
    • Learn!
    • Get audiobooks.
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single f*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Write down your goals
    • review them everyday
Finally...

Reading your story has really inspired me. It's my first day in this forum, I couldn't have hoped for a better message than this. It has made me realize the need for a paradigm shift, I am willing to put into practice the valuable lessons from above, looking forward to learning more from you and other great minds like yours.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hi there Envision (nice name, btw),
I just have to say: wow! Just flew over your thread and look forward to read every single post in a quiet moment.
Am 26, promised myself recently to be millionaire with 33. Already started a design business. I know this in itself probably won't be worth millions, but I started it a year ago before I had any idea about the concepts of Scale or Time, and I think it is all in the process of learning and growing. I want to see how far I can push this. This: 'Write down your goals every week, and review.' Just scribbling while typing and wondering why I did not do this before. Thank you! :)

Last edited:

Mr. Bazz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 23, 2019
"Guard your heart more than anything else, because the source of your life flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

This echoes one of your major themes in your post! Watch who you surround yourself with. One of the main drivers for me joining TMF forum is to find like-minded individuals. We are all great visions and dreams of the future, but you need to act out these dreams and visions every day.

Envision, Great read! Thank you for providing massive value for me to start the week. Happy Monday! Excited to hear more about your meteoric rise.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Figured I'd update this thread since it's been a while.

The equity within my real estate investments/accounts and the value of my business makes me a millionaire at 24.

Never had a handout. Never sold a bs course. Never sold something I wasnt proud of. Bootstrapped it all.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco and for everything.

@Vigilante you called it.

Last edited:

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Congratulations - you’ve won!

Not that you’re done, I’m sure you’ll keep winning. But yeah, that game of life you were talking about? Kicking a$$. And not just because of a dollar amount. Serious inspiration. Respect & rep coming your way (when I’m next on the website proper - don’t think I can do that from Tapatalk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-A-ron

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 18, 2019

• I purchased my first home (a duplex) and effectively househacked it just like in @G_Alexander's thread found here: GOLD! - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
My Goals:

• Travel the world
  • Millionaire by 25.
Action Items:

• Read
    • Learn!
    • Get audiobooks.
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single F*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Write down your goals
    • review them everyday
Finally...

Go Take What is Yours. Everyone says "Take Action" F*ck that. Action is not targeted and it does not have a true why buried in its heart. One day you will realize that you will die. You will realize that the girl you let walk passed you could have been the one. You will realize that the job security you have mens NOTHING and you are as disposable to your company as my kleenex is to me. You will wake up one morning, similar to this morning but you will be old, 40 years will have passed, your dreams will have died along with your passion and love for living.

Great post and advise Envision! At 20 you are already wise beyond your years. After reading "Unscripted " I was excited to jump on the forum and check it out. I must admit that it did take me a little bit to start figuring it out, but what I am beginning to realize is a "Community". Surrounding yourself with like-minded people that can lend encouragement along your journey is one of the best things that you can do.
Keep crushing it Bro. I can't wait to see where you are at a year from now!
A-A-ron

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Congratulations - you’ve won!

Not that you’re done, I’m sure you’ll keep winning. But yeah, that game of life you were talking about? Kicking a$$. And not just because of a dollar amount. Serious inspiration. Respect & rep coming your way (when I’m next on the website proper - don’t think I can do that from Tapatalk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, but the truth is the deeper you get into it, you realize you never win theres just more levels.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Thank you, but the truth is the deeper you get into it, you realize you never win theres just more levels.
Endless Mode?
Hahaha. :smile:

The equity within my real estate investments/accounts and the value of my business makes me a millionaire at 24.

Never had a handout. Never sold a bs course. Never sold something I wasnt proud of. Bootstrapped it all.

Congrats!

Bootstrapped it all?

Surprised. At this point, might you want to take on investors for future ventures?
Something like @Kak?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Endless Mode?
Hahaha. :smile:

Congrats!

Bootstrapped it all?

Surprised. At this point, might you want to take on investors for future ventures?
Something like @Kak?

Well it took 4 years and I still have my day job.. I've kept most of the money in the company, have no debt, and im on track to triple over last year and I can see 10m in the next 2-4 years with about 3-5 employees.

Im not a fan of VC funding, to be honest I dont think i would ever do that. It's short cutting your way to get to your destination faster but you give equity and I dont need money at this point to grow - I need smart people. Unless it was an extremely strategic partner I wouldn't give up equity.

Ive had my employers (an investment firm) say they'd fund any online company up to $1m that I think I could grow. But to make that would work I'd need to shift the entire dynamic of how Im viewed from being an employee to a partner, and id need enough equity/salary to make it worth my time. I think that discussion needs to happen though because I wont be there much longer at the rate everything is growing.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London

Oh I know, hence I acknowledged that you're not done winning, but I think it's important to also acknowledge & celebrate success & call it a win, so it's not just an endless unsatisfying chase. It's an endless, satisfying chase & more! :rofl:

I don't know, specifically naming wins is just something I'm trying to work on to help myself at the moment. Still, congratulations to you & rep transferred as stated. :smile:

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Essentially the "Team No Sleep" Grind all night crew is wrong... to have proper brain function, recovery, and productivity you need your sleep. So figure out what works best and try going to sleep earlier than normal (force yourself)
This is very important. I've been forced to function while sleep deprived and it sucks the big one. Worse yet, I've had to make life/death decisions after sometimes being up for 48 or more hours straight. Somehow we get through it, but I don't recommend it. Get a decent night's sleep (or day if you a night shift kind of person). Your mind and body needs the down time to function properly.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
still don't know how to find a product which will be needed by people? Can you help?
Happy to help...read the books, read the threads, open your ears, eyes and brain to what's going on around you. Needs are everywhere - you're just not dialed in yet, and only you can do that.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
because I wont be there much longer at the rate everything is growing.
of this I have no doubt...congrats on your success and all that lies in store for you.

NateTheGreat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2016

Congratulations! I read through the entire thread. Really great to see your progression.

I wanted to ask, what changed since 2017? I read where you mentioned that you purchased your second duplex and was on your way with your other business, but what happened during that 2 year time frame? Did you purchase additional real estate to help drive your net worth or did your business take off?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Congratulations! I read through the entire thread. Really great to see your progression.

I wanted to ask, what changed since 2017? I read where you mentioned that you purchased your second duplex and was on your way with your other business, but what happened during that 2 year time frame? Did you purchase additional real estate to help drive your net worth or did your business take off?

I have 2 duplexs, my first one appreciated alot. The second one as about 60k in equity. My businesses are the ones carrying the bulk of the weight. I will be buying a 3rd property within the next 6-12 months

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.