The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Ganglion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 21, 2018
United Kingdom
I thought I'd chime in with another.

My burger press.

I like to make my own burgers in advance and freeze them.

This burger press saves me a ton of time, and the only purchase better than one that saves you time, is one that saves you both time and money.

If you get one, avoid the private label ones with great reviews on Amazon. You can get the exact same model, unbranded, on eBay for a fraction of the price.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 18.43.51.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 18.43.51.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 32

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
So far I'll have to say this laptop I have. It's an Alienware 15 r3. I got it last year and it's handled everything i throw at it very well. Programming, games, music, videos, web surfing, ebook reading, and content creation among others. It's amazing how much i can still upgrade it (it has space for 3 more SSDs). It was really expensive for me ,but given my use it was worth it, and even cheaper than a MacBook Pro.

Damn, I take this back. I've had this thing for one year, as soon as the warranty was up, problems started one after the other. Real smooth dell.

At this point I would say the best value I've paid for is my INSIDERS subscription here on the forum. Really top notch stuff.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
Best value for something under $30

Yoga/exercise ball, I "relax" my core and mind for a few seconds, roll backwards over it every night and morning (after coffee) to stretch the back and hear those vertebra open up and click, click, click! Enjoy the "value" of it for my mind and body. 2 minutes of my day.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FFTYRTS/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Last edited:

handog

Believing Is Seeing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 3, 2018
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone got any new goodies to report from Christmas?

I got this little doozy...

View attachment 23007

...probably didn't cost too much, but it works wonders on a stiff neck, especially if you sit a lot, practice piano, etc.

Will confirm that this thing is great to apply significant levered pressure to neck trigger points. Great if you spend a lot of time at a desk.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
The book "Convict Conditioning."

Funny titled book, but with it, you'll never need to go to the gym or get expensive gym equipment again.

Learn the secret tips, tricks, and techniques that hardened criminals use to get ripped while stuck in prison. :hilarious:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
@YoungPadawan, how long have you been following the routines from the book? I read it about a year or so ago, followed it for a few months and then got stuck between some badly designed progressions (one exercise was fairly easy, but it was impossible to progress to the next one - there was at least one, if not two, missing steps that would make the progression possible).

I got a lot of value from Get Strong by Kavadlo brothers (some say it's better than Convict Conditioning because the progressions are far friendlier) and a lot of good (some of it common-sense) advice on how to structure your workout plan from Fitness Independence by Matt Schifferle. I also learn a lot from Youtube channels about calisthenics. One cool guy I recently discovered is Dominik Sky.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
@YoungPadawan, how long have you been following the routines from the book? I read it about a year or so ago, followed it for a few months and then got stuck between some badly designed progressions (one exercise was fairly easy, but it was impossible to progress to the next one - there was at least one, if not two, missing steps that would make the progression possible).

I got a lot of value from Get Strong by Kavadlo brothers (some say it's better than Convict Conditioning because the progressions are far friendlier) and a lot of good (some of it common-sense) advice on how to structure your workout plan from Fitness Independence by Matt Schifferle. I also learn a lot from Youtube channels about calisthenics. One cool guy I recently discovered is Dominik Sky.
Well, lately I haven't really been following it because my current job is pretty physically intense, so I don't need to workout. lol

But when I was following it, I would follow it for a few months, and then get lazy and stop for a while, and then pretty much just pick up where I was last. I know in the book it says not to skip the super easy entry-level exercises, but I would and go to the more difficult exercises, but made sure I had good form. I honestly wasn't able to progress to the more difficult exercises, but I was kind of sporadic when I exercised, so that was the issue for me.

I think it's a good book as far as teaching exercises that don't require gym equipment, the problem for me was just overcoming my laziness!

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
This thread really makes you think. The first most obvious answer that comes to mind for me is a good book. There's nothing that even comes close. In a good book you get the inside scoop from an expert for 10-20 bucks. You simply can't find that value anywhere else.

The 3 that I've gotten the most value from are The Millionaire Fastlane and UnScripted (obviously), and Awaken The Giant Within by Tony Robbins.

Beyond that, I'd have to go these New Balance shoes(below). I got them at the Goodwill for under 5 bucks several years ago and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. My girlfriend hates them and calls them my "grandpa shoes" but I love them. They're my go-to for running, traveling, you name it. I've even slept with them on before.
New-Balance-Minimus-640x316.jpg

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Transcendental Meditation! I have tried many methods and techniques to reduce stress, think clearly and bring a calmness to make better decisions from mindfulness, meditation, yoga, spa, etc. Recently after talking to a respected mentor how he keeps so calm with so much going on he said for him TM (Transcendental Meditation) was his go to activity. Being a bit skeptical on why you would spend 960 to learn how to meditate I did some research and found many success stories. So I decided to give it a try. I am only one week into it and I can say it has had profound benefits in a short time. It is very simple but the catch like anything is you must do it (20 minutes twice a day). I know there is another thread that discuss this so I will keep this post to the point of being the best value for the money (and yes even 960 worth).

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
This cleaner is the best value I've ever paid for.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B0V5GG/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
It has gotten rid of candle wax on the carpet, oil on a chair (saved $100 on the chair when I bought it, knowing this stuff would get the oil stain out), blueberry vomit on the carpet, ink stains on my couch, stains on the inside of my car, etc. It literally gets out EVERYTHING.

Here are some other notable ones:

Baking soda - Gargling warm water and 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda always gets rid of miserable tooth/gum pain. Have been using baking soda for mouth pain for 10 years now. The baking soda somehow gets rid of the bacteria that causes inflammation (which then hits the nerve and makes it sore). You can feel the difference immediately.

Bragg’s apple cider vinegar (with the mother) - Had an awful stomach pain a while back and this was the only thing that got rid of it. I now drink a little everyday

Mouth wash - This always works like a charm for getting rid of intense itching from mosquito bites. You can feel the difference immediately

These headphones -
Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Earphone Sleep Headset Sports Headband Soft | eBay
My sidewalking in-laws come over for about 2-3 hours a few times a week to visit my son and I listen to my affirmations so that I can tune out their negativity and my wife is totally cool with it. They have no idea that they are headphones haha

ErinStephens

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Mar 23, 2019
Ontario, Canada
The absolute best value I get ......someone else to pick up the dog poop in my backyard. No kidding, that is a service. $55 bucks....Canadian bucks and they pick it all up and even take it away!!!! This give me my time back and that is most valuable to me :)

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
It was my eye surgery for cataracts. I haven't worn glasses since and I can see.

I can't agree more about cataract surgery. I know it sounds like an "old man" thing but it isn't. My dad had cataracts at 35, and I was diagnosed with them 2-3 years ago (Im now 45), and then had both eyes done in November & December 2018 (over the holidays, slow time of year). The change has been INCREDIBLE. Important to understand that you can slowly get used to a mediocre life, or less than perfect living conditions, and this was certainly true with my eyes....AND, as a another bonus, I had been using reading glasses as my cataracts worsened, and my doc said I'd still need them post-surgery, but I haven't touched them since!

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2013
Ohio
  • A library card
    • Modern libraries are fantastic with their reserve system, computer access along with expensive software, and somewhat up-to date technical books that can get you started on adding value. For free.
Totally agree! Our local library allows you to check out 70 books/audio books/movies at a time, if so desired. I can try out books, read a little, and return them if they are terrible. If I like them, I buy them hard copy.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Other than a great massage the best tool I found for working muscle tightness and knots is the Hypervolt Massager. Very quite and effective!
7eb206316dfe39b46b12f8663f7e242d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Digital Protection/Blue Blocker Glasses

I get migraines and these helped a ton. They block UV rays and help with eye strain when using electronic devices and TV. They are also stylish and I have gotten lots of complements wearing them. I sometimes just wear them for the day.

This is the pair I have and they are great quality for only $10.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071W5KWSW/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Besides that, lots of books. For those boostrapping, I cannot recommend Scribd enough. it is $10 a month and gives you unlimited access to tons of books, audiobooks, magazines, articles, and even sheet music. It is far better than Kindle Unlimited although that is a good investment too. They also have about half of the recommended Fastlane library too.

www.scribd.com

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I only posted in here because seriously, we have a mini thread inside it about how to clean and wipe your a$$ from grown folks.

Not sure I could stand sitting on the toilet another 3-4 minutes with cold water hitting my crack, or getting up to check every few to see if it is clean only to sit back down.

Might have to go for the combo of the water spray and baby wipes ( which we use sometimes already anyways ).

I know this is old, but it never takes more than a 20-second blast to clean with a bidet. After that, you wipe once with a few paper towels. Where did you get 3 to 4 minutes from?

After reading the posts, I would definitely say a bidet is up there with value. It is a damn shame this is not the norm in the US and viewed as weird. Toilet paper is a horrible way to clean yourself.

Also, while wet wipes are handy, they are horrible on the sewer systems and cause tens of millions of dollars in damage each year. Besides that, we have a garbage crisis on this planet and that is only going to contribute to it.

Bidets are a quick, hygienic way to handle a disgusting act. They are also the most environmentally friendly way to handle it. $25 will change your life. I hope that one day bidets are the norm. It is hard to break the norm though.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I want to add something else to this thread, but it is free.

The Chrome extension called "Sexy Undo Close Tab".

I think I'm like most people in that I have about 10 tabs up at the same time. When I toggle through them, I always accidentally close out of one of them. Happens everyday.

This extension saves your recent closed pages. If you were on an important page and don't want to find your way back to it by typing in the URL and/or click through links again, this tool is a lifesaver.

Such a simple concept and so useful. I would pay for it.

You can press Ctrl + T and it will open your last closed tab. You can keep pressing it to open tabs. The history has all your tabs as well. Not that your extension isnt useful but if you are anything like me, you already have at least 10 extensions running at a time and they can slow down your machine.

MrChill

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 18, 2015
Great thread, predicated by a great question: What business and what product/service provided great value? The products that we most enjoy were all great examples of someone creating value in the lives of others, and can certainly provide inspiration to starting a business of our own through the value creation process.

Here are some of the things I get great value out of:

• Google Voice (can check voicemail, texts via web, plus it works great with my Google Home and also Obihai 1062 VoIP phone)
  • Lenovo C930 laptop, a great ultrabook that just works and has great fit and finish. If you're going to have an everyday tool, have the best you can afford and don't cheap out.
  • Credit cards. I pay my $4000 per year home taxes with a new credit card each year and get a $500-$600 signup bonus, and also will take advantage of 0% APR offers to reinvest those funds until just before the 0% interest period expires, then pay off the card before the bank thinks they will make profit off me.
  • My Samsung SmartThings hub and many home automation products. Home automation can provide great comfort around the home and make life easier with schedules, motion detection, security, etc.
  • Books. Hard to list them all, but I'm going to at least list a few favorites: Unscripted (Just bought this on Amazon 2 days ago, about 40% of the way through it, absolutely loving it.), The One Thing by Keller, Essentialism by McKeown, Blue Ocean Strategy/Shift by Kim and Mauborgne, The Last Safe Investment by Ellsberg, The Success Principles by Canfield
  • Samsung 4K 40" TV that I use as a computer monitor, works great to have all those pixels when you want to split screen spreadsheets, multiple browser tabs, etc.
  • Fujitsu iX1500 Scan Scap scanner, fantastic as a dedicated document scanner, saves me tons of time and paper messes
  • Synology Diskstation, a great personal "on-premise cloud" file backup and storage system. You won't realize how valuable backups are until you lose your primary drive. It will happen if you don't have a plan!
  • Aliexpress. You can often buy the exact same products that you can find on Amazon for a lot less if you're not in a hurry to wait for shipping from China. Overall, I've had a very positive experience with the sellers on that marketplace.
  • LastPass. Life requires too many passwords, and a good manager helps a lot. Excellent 2-factor authentication options for safety.
  • Reddit, YouTube, The Fastlane Forums, etc. There's tons of great free advice out there if you're using the web to acquire knowledge instead of getting distracted by stupid cat videos. Arguably, you could get quite a bit better education than most college degrees if you were selective about what you consumed!
  • Magnesium Chloride Salt Flakes that you can dump in the bath and enjoy a good relaxing soak. Magnesium is a natural relaxant and is very important for overall health. I buy 15lbs bulk bags on ebay for about $40.
  • Vitamin D3. Most people have very low levels of Vitamin D3, due to spending way too much time indoors and not getting enough sun. There's plenty of research by The Vitamin D Council, LifeExtension, and other websites showing that D3 is super important for your mental health, not to mention the rest of your body below the neck. Get your D3 levels checked at a lab or with your doctor, and make sure to supplement with a high-quality D3 capsule, dropper or get some more sun!
  • My old-school Kindle, with the e-ink display. I own the newer Kindle Fire as well, but tend to leave the Kindle Fire in the closet and use the older model instead. I've found that if you use the Kindle Fire or some other tablet that has a full app store, you end up getting distracted with too many notifications, watching YouTube, social media, etc. The old-school Kindles or a newer Kindle Paperwhite is the way to go, such that when you're reading, you stay focused. I'm almost halfway through Unscripted in just a few days worth of reading on my old Kindle, complete with lots of notes and action plans, thanks to no distractions while reading.
  • As for some productivity software, I really like asana.com for task management, getstation.com for making an all-in-one platform for your most used apps, Evernote for keeping track of all your big ideas, Google Drive for syncing everything on every device. Grammarly for helping double-check your spelling and grammar.
  • My Tempur-Pedic mattress. One thing that the Slowlaners will never understand is that a little bit of splurging, especially on investment as important as great sleep isn't worth being a penny-pinching tightwad! My $4000 mattress is worth every penny, as one-third of your life is spent in bed, you might as well make your's heavenly and get a great mattress!
  • Exoficico men's boxer briefs. They live up to the hype. Another item not worth cheaping out over.
  • Alaska Bear sleep shade masks. Great for when you're on a plane and want to catch some Z's and block out light. Super silky soft and comfy.
  • A cheap carabiner that I got at my local Ace Hardware for hanging car keys from my belt loop. It helps me not accidentally set down my keys, plus it keeps my keys from scratching my phone. I also have a quick-disconnect on there, as my mailbox is a long drive from my home, and sometimes it is handy to keep the engine running while I unlock my mailbox. Another great investment is my hardened steel mailbox with a heavy duty lock on it. Your important documents are too important to be left unsecured, most identity thieves want easy opportunities and aren't going to mess with a hardened box.
  • An accordion-style file folder system that I keep with me when I go to the store. Works great for stuffing receipts, contracts, coupons, brochures, etc. There's nothing worse than getting back to your car or home and realized that you lost important information. I like to keep everything tidy so I don't waste precious time searching for a document.

Ganglion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Totally agree with MrChill on Aliexpress.

If you've done any private labeling, you'll know that a LOT of products sold on Amazon are just bought from Alibaba, and sold for a higher price on Amazon.

AliExpress cuts out the middleman and can get you the exact same product at a fraction of the price, as long as you are ok to wait for a couple weeks for shipping from China.

• Aliexpress. You can often buy the exact same products that you can find on Amazon for a lot less if you're not in a hurry to wait for shipping from China. Overall, I've had a very positive experience with the sellers on that marketplace.

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
The iRobot Roomba vacuum. We got one on a Cyber Monday deal a few months ago and it has been unbelievable. If you have small children who love to throw Cheerios all over the house, this vacuum will change your life. Without it, we would seriously be vacuuming for a couple of hours a week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.