The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eric from Erics Cheesecakes

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Have several people that have connected to me and I am now helping BECAUSE of this thread.

@AgainstAllOdds , DM me threads I should jump into....
[by the way, @powderhound100 doesn't listen either. :)]

I think we leave it open because it's not really @Ericito we are trying to help. It is all those coming behind, years from now.

What I would really love to see is someone show up at Eric's door and take this idea and make it successful. Buy it from him. Partner with him. Do it. Make it happen. Show everyone that an idea is shit, execution is king. Need help? Let me know. Need money? Let me know. Who is going to step up?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
is it possible to close this thread until @Ericito actually does some shit?

The advice and information that has followed has been really good. If the thread was closed, other people would not get the benefit of it. At this point, the thread is open for the benefit of others, any maybe Eric if he wants to go beyond the hobby mentality.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
@AgainstAllOdds , DM me threads I should jump into....
[by the way, @powderhound100 doesn't listen either. :)]
@ZCP sir, if you shower your advice on poor thread of mine, I will apply all of them. Here it is.
WEB SCHOOL - Humble Hustle & adding value via Web Business - Progress thread

Please ignore the starting 3 posts of mine.

What I would really love to see is someone show up at Eric's door and take this idea and make it successful. Buy it from him. Partner with him. Do it. Make it happen. Show everyone that an idea is shit, execution is king. Need help? Let me know. Need money? Let me know. Who is going to step up?

I won't be able to visit him, but i have found someone with similar case here in my city. A lady with awesome organic hair repair and skin repair products made with natural herbs. All her customers have become faithful and loyal because of the results. Due to no resource (money) like eric, no marketing experience and proper advertising she is not abe to grow it.

i became her friend recently before knowing her products. After many discussions and values i provided she is willing to present a partnership offer.

I know that her products are not the best out there like Eric's, but i have learned here on the forum that execution is what actually matter most.

I am really going to take all the advice given here and put them in use.

Right now i will be doing minimum task for now because of job and my other Web design business. Mostly will be investing and refining the current process. After resigning from job this year i will focus on that.

Will create a progress thread for that too.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
@BlackMagician sounds like a bunch of excuses.
what is holding you back?
what are the next 3 things you need to do?

Sorry if i messed up with my words sir. Nothing holding me back.
I am already executing my Web design business along with the job with some success.

This hair repair business is in initial phase and need investment right now and some marketing which i am doing an helping her.

Right now, I am working on job and executing my Website design business in remaining time. Just don't want to be distracted with this hai repair business that's why i am trying to offload coding and designing part and out source ao that i can focus more on getting website business and start working on hair repair business with the lady.

She is creating the products at home and have home equipments. We are researching on better equipments in the market right now.
With the money she have and earn, she is only able to create 200 units per month. We have put the target of 600 units this month. As per the analysed i did, we can sell 600 unit because of demand. Hence i am investing 30k rupees right now and doing marketing to test the market demand more. If this went well we will do more.

Thanks for asking 3 things which i answered above in no bullet point.

Edit: i am typing using mobile and got bunch of typos.

Last edited:

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
With the food subscription box market literally exploding (sales sales sales), I guess anyone could probably use the recipes linked here, pack stuff with dry ice and start a dessert subscription box.

I wonder if these boxes have to respect any food regulations since they're not restaurants per se.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
With the food subscription box market literally exploding (sales sales sales), I guess anyone could probably use the recipes linked here, pack stuff with dry ice and start a dessert subscription box.

I wonder if these boxes have to respect any food regulations since they're not restaurants per se.

Over here yeh, they always do.

Only exception I think is if it's fruit and vegetables sold whole.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Bump-ity, bump, bump

@Ericito heard you were shipping out some cheesecakes!
Maybe. Working out something. Won't know until Saturday. Not sure if it will go over well. Shipping was not cheap. Crawley is concerned. I'm working on knocking that down, but I'm still the little guy.
No deals yet .

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Maybe. Working out something. Won't know until Saturday. Not sure if it will go over well. Shipping was not cheap. Crawley is concerned. I'm working on knocking that down, but I'm still the little guy.
No deals yet .

chop chop

jonahsr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 28, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
Just came across this post, didn't read all the way through the comments so I hope I'm not copying this from someone else.

One way one of my favourite doughnut places here in Lisbon, Portugal is doing it might be of interest to you:
1. They bake their stuff at night in a large restaurant kitchen that wouldn't be used at that anyway. That way they don't need to pay much to rent it anyway since it's a time where most people don't want to work.
2. They partner with different restaurants throughout the city (in your case maybe NYC), stock their doughnuts every morning at each one of them & people either order them as a dessert to their meal OR...
3. Many people order their Doughnuts through Glovo (a delivery app that delivers anything you want). They only offer boxes of 6 and 12 doughnuts for pickup, meaning each order value is at least around 35 Euros. They sell hundreds a day.

Last time I spoke with the owner she said they were opening their storefront in a few weeks (after only selling like above for 3-4 months). Also, one thing to note is that they are all over local social media because people love how they look. Maybe you can figure out a way to make your cheesecakes look special & "instagrammable".

Hope you can take something away from this. Wishing you the best!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Just came across this post, didn't read all the way through the comments so I hope I'm not copying this from someone else.

One way one of my favourite doughnut places here in Lisbon, Portugal is doing it might be of interest to you:
1. They bake their stuff at night in a large restaurant kitchen that wouldn't be used at that anyway. That way they don't need to pay much to rent it anyway since it's a time where most people don't want to work.
2. They partner with different restaurants throughout the city (in your case maybe NYC), stock their doughnuts every morning at each one of them & people either order them as a dessert to their meal OR...
3. Many people order their Doughnuts through Glovo (a delivery app that delivers anything you want). They only offer boxes of 6 and 12 doughnuts for pickup, meaning each order value is at least around 35 Euros. They sell hundreds a day.

Last time I spoke with the owner she said they were opening their storefront in a few weeks (after only selling like above for 3-4 months). Also, one thing to note is that they are all over local social media because people love how they look. Maybe you can figure out a way to make your cheesecakes look special & "instagrammable".

This is a really awesome model.

But unfortunately, we've already suggested things similar to this to Eric several times. And he finds a way to make an excuse saying he can't do it.

But for anyone else planning on starting a baking based business, they should definitely follow this example!

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
if we could buy out @Ericito and have @Timmy1990 cooking with @Johnny boy selling and @Kak advising, this would be a $2B business.......... who is in?
HastyBronzeIrishdraughthorse-max-1mb.gif

Go for it!

Haven't seen a Fastlaner tag team in a while!

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
finances? :)
or accounting?
Both? I won't finance the company, but I will track financial performance and do the accounting.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
FB_IMG_1553341208384.jpg
if we could buy out @Ericito and have @Timmy1990 cooking with @Johnny boy selling and @Kak advising, this would be a $2B business.......... who is in?

Super Great Idea. But there is a very important part of the equation that you left out.
(I) am Eric's Cheesecake. There is no Eric's Cheesecake without Eric.
So unless you can produce a better cheesecake then me....
All l can say is "Bring It".

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina

How is that for advertising?
Thanks for the input. Im glad it is working great for them.
I know my stuff. I got the skills the talent and the gift. Im good at what l do.
Its just a matter of time. One day at a time.
Screenshot_20190307-200029-01.jpeg

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
View attachment 24207

Super Great Idea. But there is a very important part of the equation that you left out.
The idea would be to purchase your recipes from you, not compete with you from nothing.

Anyway, I asked you about 2 weeks ago how much money you would need to get this business running how you would want it, but you didn't reply. If you aren't sure, I can help you figure it out. If this was Shark Tank, how much money would you be asking for to get your business to the next level?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Sounds like you you've fallen into the trap of thinking you aren't replaceable.

Have you read E-Myth Revisited?
Because you REALLY need to.
Hell, I even think the MAIN case study in that book is a bakery.

Look, here's the bottom line - if you aren't replaceable, this is the math:

E = Number of employees making cheesecakes (just you, so "1")
C = Cheesecake output per person
P = Profit per cheesecake

Your equation:

E x C x P = your total earning potential

That's it.
That's the entire math equation.
Cheesecakes you can make times profit per unit.
Done.

The problem:

- "E" is a scaling variable, and it's capped right now at "1"
- "C" is capped by hours in a day
- "P" is capped by market forces

Now, let's say you E-Myth this thing and accept that you are replaceable.

Well, now the equation changes, significantly:

- You can hire/train 10 people to do the cheesecake making, making "E" whatever number you need it to be. You can even franchise it. Scaling becomes possible.
- You can use a machine set to automate aspects of the cheesecake making, which turns "C" into whatever number you need it to be. Scaling becomes possible.

None of is this is possible if you aren't replaceable.

Nobody is saying you have to stop creating great recipes or remove yourself from a business you love - but if you aren't willing to take a step back and find ways to systematize your business, you are going to be capped at the depressingly low equation above.

This is literally "Fastlane 101". You need either scale or magnitude. So either sell a 10 million dollar cheesecake, or find a way to scale the cheesecake output. And you can't do that if you are the one in the kitchen 100% of the time.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Also consider that the best chefs in the world aren't always the ones in their own kitchens.

They go home at night, they take days off, they travel, they eat at other restaurants, they get inspired, and leave their very capable chefs to prepare their very delicate and particular creations in their absence.

Yes, they routinely inspect their restaurants and work in them regularly enough, but there isn't a world class restaurant on earth that can't open if the owner is sick (outside of perhaps a few VERY niche "concept" places run by chefs who have literally spent their entire lives working up to a point where people travel just to taste their work).

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
View attachment 24207

The McDonalds’ (the original proprietors) got converted from two brothers, into a mascot clown.

Not saying we are going to do that to you... But we could hahaha. ;)

Last edited:

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
Eric, just right now I was just going to order a cheesecake online for my sisters birthday. I'm in Cleveland. Was disappointed to find out that I can't order one online and have it shipped :(

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Also consider that the best chefs in the world aren't always the ones in their own kitchens.

They go home at night, they take days off, they travel, they eat at other restaurants, they get inspired, and leave their very capable chefs to prepare their very delicate and particular creations in their absence.

Yes, they routinely inspect their restaurants and work in them regularly enough, but there isn't a world class restaurant on earth that can't open if the owner is sick (outside of perhaps a few VERY niche "concept" places run by chefs who have literally spent their entire lives working up to a point where people travel just to taste their work).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.