The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A new marketing tool I'm using with ridiculous ROI

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
The software unfortunately does not accept landline numbers for me, does anyone have any tips for me?

Have you already tried to send the messages? I uploaded 2x separate recipient lists with 100x numbers each, many of which were landlines, and didn't receive any errors.

Their FAQ states:
Slybroadcast can send voicemails to U.S. and Canadian mobile numbers and select landline phones. In order to be compatible, a landline must include a voicemailbox provided by their phone service provider. Slybroadcast does not connect to PBX. When sending to these types of phone systems, users may experience a short ring.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mbilal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 7, 2018
Germany
Thank you for your reply.

I would like to send out the messages, but the software does not even accept the landline numbers. I live in Europe maybe thats a problem?

And in my FAQ stands:
"No, Slybroadcast Global does not work to fixed phone lines. When sending or scheduling a campaign, our system will automatially remove any fixed phone numbers from your list."

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
I used their "Try it Now" option and sent a message to my own phone. It rang for half a second from "UNKNOWN" and didn't leave me any voicemail...

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm going to ask their support team about it.

Dave G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 20, 2019
Florida

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I worked in the mobile phone industry for years and I didnt even know this was possible. But, I am going to give it a try. My business is both B2C and B2B but this will not be good for B2B for my purposes.

I will let you guys know how it works out.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
May 27, 2013
United States
I've been using Slydial to leave voicemails for clients 1 week after their appointment just to say the usual, "Thanks for your business. If there's anything you need I'm here for you".

I just saw this thread, and this is exactly how I'd try this.

I was having my office woman call every customer, and mostly leaving the same voicemail anyways, but F*ck... a way to automate this would be great!

Last edited:

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Not every marketing/sales tactic should be used for every single business.

You're better off selling your brushes via online traffic if it's an e-commerce business. However, if it's wholesale, then it could be effective by calling every single pet shop in the country.

Think about the idiot lawyers that have pinterest accounts and get zero leads. Is pinterest an effective marketing tool? If you're selling to women and the product can be easily purchased then yes. If you're offering a professional service, then no. Can you make it work? Yeah, you can make anything work. But is it an effective strategy? Definitely not.
Dude, I'm going to use this for my stores. ;)

AniM

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Apr 11, 2018
DC
My company provides SoundCloud services. Can we generate a lead from this website?
Who is your market?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dianne Cohen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 7, 2018
This is very interesting. I have heard of it before but didn't know how I would put it to work in my buisness (residential painting).

I'm currently placing yard signs in front yards and blasting out a mailer to the surrounding houses (Usually 100).

I wonder if there is a way to buy a list of the phone numbers of all the houses I'm already mailing too.

There are a couple of ways. Try theredx.com . If that doesn't work for you, there are a couple of others. I think there is another place called Mojo. If you have a freind who is a realtor, they can get them for you for free.

mn4life

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 7, 2019
Minneapolis, MN
I've tried door-to-door sales, door hangers, sending physical mail, email marketing, PPC ads, Facebook ads, cold calling, craigslist, etc...

All of it "kinda" works. It's either too expensive, too inefficient, too tedious, too something.

I have a lawn care company and I've been doing some real estate wholesaling (to stay busy in the winter). I've been using all sorts of advertising and it never worked as well as I wanted.

I recently came across a website that sends people a recorded voicemail that you make, except the person thinks it is an actual person who left a voicemail, not a robocall they have to listen to. It doesn't ring their phone, just leaves a voicemail and says "missed call" from whichever number you choose. It's called SlyBroadcast.

So I tried it. I paid for 100 voicemails for $10. I uploaded a couple lists. Some for real estate (people who had ugly homes). And some for people I wanted to sign up for lawn care (numbers in my zip code for women over 40 who have nice homes).

I recorded one message saying "I drove by your home and wanted to see if you'd be interested in selling it to me" and another saying "I signed up your neighbor for lawn care and offered them 20% off if someone on their street signed up too so they gave me your number, call me back and lets sign you up so I can take 20% off for both of you".

I got back tons of calls, made appointments and signed people up, and got leads for real estate deals.

It cost me $10.

Depending on where you get your numbers, you might have to pay for that part. But for me it was cheap.

That's a mind-numbing ROI...

It's scalable, efficient, and best of all, it is ACTIVE marketing. It's not sitting around waiting for responses, you can tell in a couple hours if it works or not.

Think about it. What do you do if you see a facebook ad? "meh". A google ad? "meh". A robocall? You hate them. Telemarketers? Burn em alive. Physical mailers? Straight to the garbage. Someone leaving a voicemail that sounds personal? You're actually going to listen to that. They listen on their own time and nearly every single person will give a voicemail their undivided attention if it sounds like a human with a real message.

And it costs $0.10 down to $0.06 each if you buy in bulk. It doesn't charge for undelivered messages either.

I can think of a ton of ways to use this to kick a$$ in sales.

Car sales? Get a list of people recently discharged from bankruptcy and send them a voicemail saying you can help them get a car loan. Or send voicemails to all previous customers.

Digital marketing agency? Search for local services and upload every phone number that doesn't have a website link on their google business result, same with craigslist services. Send them a voicemail that you can build them a website.

I remember cold calling people when I worked as a car salesman, I would rather just take that list, upload the numbers to a system, spend a few bucks and get way more results without bothering people and annoying them.

I found this because I'm lazy. I hate knocking on doors. I hate bothering people with a phone call. I hate having to compete with facebook ads that don't convert. I hate sending expensive mailers that are going to get tossed in the trash. Every time I do something that will never scale, I get angry. When I find something that will scale, I get excited.

I'm not a salesperson for SlyBroadcast, I've posted on here for my lawn care company before.

Check it out. To be safe you might want to run numbers through the do-not-call list.

I'm very happy I found this. I'm going to use it as my primary marketing tool if it continues to perform this well.
Thank you so much man!

I’m definately trying this out soon. Seems like the perfect sweet spot between cold calling and email.

This is great! I just sent this website to a few other people. I will be using this in the future!

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
I've tried door-to-door sales, door hangers, sending physical mail, email marketing, PPC ads, Facebook ads, cold calling, craigslist, etc...

All of it "kinda" works. It's either too expensive, too inefficient, too tedious, too something.

I have a lawn care company and I've been doing some real estate wholesaling (to stay busy in the winter). I've been using all sorts of advertising and it never worked as well as I wanted.

I recently came across a website that sends people a recorded voicemail that you make, except the person thinks it is an actual person who left a voicemail, not a robocall they have to listen to. It doesn't ring their phone, just leaves a voicemail and says "missed call" from whichever number you choose. It's called SlyBroadcast.

So I tried it. I paid for 100 voicemails for $10. I uploaded a couple lists. Some for real estate (people who had ugly homes). And some for people I wanted to sign up for lawn care (numbers in my zip code for women over 40 who have nice homes).

I recorded one message saying "I drove by your home and wanted to see if you'd be interested in selling it to me" and another saying "I signed up your neighbor for lawn care and offered them 20% off if someone on their street signed up too so they gave me your number, call me back and lets sign you up so I can take 20% off for both of you".

I got back tons of calls, made appointments and signed people up, and got leads for real estate deals.

It cost me $10.

Depending on where you get your numbers, you might have to pay for that part. But for me it was cheap.

It's scalable, efficient, and best of all, it is ACTIVE marketing. It's not sitting around waiting for responses, you can tell in a couple hours if it works or not.

Think about it. What do you do if you see a facebook ad? "meh". A google ad? "meh". A robocall? You hate them. Telemarketers? Burn em alive. Physical mailers? Straight to the garbage. Someone leaving a voicemail that sounds personal? You're actually going to listen to that. They listen on their own time and nearly every single person will give a voicemail their undivided attention if it sounds like a human with a real message.

And it costs $0.10 down to $0.06 each if you buy in bulk. It doesn't charge for undelivered messages either.

Car sales? Get a list of people recently discharged from bankruptcy and send them a voicemail saying you can help them get a car loan. Or send voicemails to all previous customers.

Digital marketing agency? Search for local services and upload every phone number that doesn't have a website link on their google business result, same with craigslist services. Send them a voicemail that you can build them a website.

I remember cold calling people when I worked as a car salesman, I would rather just take that list, upload the numbers to a system, spend a few bucks and get way more results without bothering people and annoying them.

I found this because I'm lazy. I hate knocking on doors. I hate bothering people with a phone call. I hate having to compete with facebook ads that don't convert. I hate sending expensive mailers that are going to get tossed in the trash. Every time I do something that will never scale, I get angry. When I find something that will scale, I get excited.

I'm not a salesperson for SlyBroadcast, I've posted on here for my lawn care company before.

Check it out. To be safe you might want to run numbers through the do-not-call list.

I'm very happy I found this. I'm going to use it as my primary marketing tool if it continues to perform this well.

Man, this forum is dynamite! I always love your posts, Johnny Boy, but this is another level. I have a meeting on Friday, and I'm going to puff up my chest when I bring this to the table. It's an inexpensive addition to our marketing plan with real time results. Where else would you recommend securing listings for calls?

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018

It cost me $10.

This does sound like a great idea for local service businesses. I would use this but unfortunately, my niche is too narrow/specific to warrant this strategy/pipeline. :(

I would probably use it if I have to start some kind of tutoring/test prep/"career counseling" type business.

Here's my take on the other options you mentioned:

Yes, knocking on doors is shit. I've never seen it work - this isn't the 80's where you're selling Kirby vacuums (ROFL!)

Cold calling "works" but it's tedious as F*ck.

SEO takes a very long time (it does work, but you have to be very knowledgeable of SEO practices. Thankfully I am.)

PPC is OK. You have to be a bit patient and bid low to ensure a good ROI.

Facebook Ads is situational, contrary to what others tell you. If you're selling cat food or dog toys or "Lose 50 pounds in 50 days!" bullshit, I would assume it could work very well. Otherwise it's garbage.

Direct mail is also situational. I think if you're creative with direct mail, your ROI could be decent.

Anyways, hope everything worked out in the end!

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Hmm. Thinking about utilizing this tool in conjunction with either RedX or SalesRabbit in order to cold contact residential homeowners, because I know the neighborhoods but not the phone numbers.

It seems to me like a less intrusive way to make contact with prospects vs. Door knocking, which is still tried and true but this might work better for those people who just aren't receptive to door to door salesmen.

I'll have to come up with a compelling message to drop on their VM.

I wonder how this might work for something like storm damage restoration services?

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
Tremendous thread and idea, I don't have a use for it, but this was amazing thinking on your part.

Lmao I don't know why I'm so amped up about something I can't even use, but it's awesome!

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
I stopped using this method because my results were limited but I think it was mostly a problem with my script.

Does anyone have any ideas for a voicemail script for pitching a website or marketing services? Would love to get some ideas from the minds on here.

Last edited:

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Just signed up for RedX for 3 months so I can get phone numbers from addresses.

I work in storm restoration so I'll have to cross reference this tool with my hail data to prequalify my leads.

I'm thinking this will come in handy to beat the rest of the storm chasers to the punch. The morning after a hail storm, while everyone scrambles to knock the most affected areas, I'll have already left a message for every homeowner in the neighborhood before the competition even arrives.

As grant cardone says, don't compete, dominate!

We'll see how it goes. I'll update with the progress report.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Just a quick update

Just started my first SlyBroadcast campaign, out of 315 leads sourced from RedX I was able to secure about 180 that weren't on the DNC list.

So just got my first campaign started, with mixed landline and cell phones.

Total investment so far is about $250, for 500 calls on Slybroadcast and 2000 leads from RedX.

Will keep this updated with results.

Edit: 82/184 successfully left a voicemail. With any luck, I'll get at least a few calls back.

Ran another campaign because 82 seemed a bit too low. Second campaign had 51/101 successful drops.

So total is currently 133/285. Now just to wait and see.

Edit edit: whole lotta nothin. I'm going to try to blast a few other neighborhoods tomorrow instead, I'm thinking this neighborhood has been burned out already from door to door campaigns.

Last edited:

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I stopped using this method because my results were limited but I think it was mostly a problem with my script.

Does anyone have any ideas for a voicemail script for pitching a website or marketing services? Would love to get some ideas from the minds on here.
What's your normal script that you use? Maybe we'll be able to help you out.

Hugo Boss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 4, 2019
@Johnny boy : Are you still signed up with slybroadcast?

I want to give it a try and on their website they state that for referring someone both people receive 100 calls for free.

Would be awesome if you could send me your referral link :)

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK

It cost me $10.

Very interesting. - thanks for sharing !

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I will probably try this out again tomorrow. Sitting here with a local Yellowpages on my desk...hundreds upon hundreds of local biz numbers.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I will probably try this out again tomorrow. Sitting here with a local Yellowpages on my desk...hundreds upon hundreds of local biz numbers.
Find a way to streamline that and add 1000 numbers to a list per day instead of manually entering them.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Mar 22, 2014

I think you shouldn't pitch in the voicemail. Just pique their curiosity and have them call you.

"Hey X, Kyle here. I was just looking at your website. Could you give me a call back please? Phone #".

I learned this from Paul Neuberger's Cold Call Coach course, it's pretty good.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Find a way to streamline that and add 1000 numbers to a list per day instead of manually entering them.
Yeah that would definitely help I'm sure LOL

Maybe I can hire a VA if I see a good return.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
This is interesting and well-timed.

I got ahold of a list of 17,800 registered contractors in the state of Iowa (from a public records request). They released their names, addresses, phone numbers, and even email addresses to me in one excel spreadsheet. I got it for a friend as a favor but he didn’t end up needing it.

Anyway, now, I just need something to sell to contractors and I can use the numbers on my list along with slybroadcast. :)

Thanks!

I got a similar list that I will start working on here soon. Just debating on what to sell them, were you able to find somethign to sell your contractors ? I have a list of real estate agents 37k of them.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Skip tracing services provide phone numbers for addresses if you have it formatted correctly. I use this for real estate. They need (First name, last name, street address, city, state, zip) all in their own boxes in an excel spreadsheet. You can get phone numbers for these people for .30 each. I use needtoskip.com and upload the file to their site and get numbers back in less than 2 days sometimes 1.

Your paying .3 cents ? I have better rates ! Just opened up my own company selling leads. Shouuld be done here in 3 weeks or so. Rates will be at .18 cents

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.