The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

29 Years old: Just bought my 2nd Lambo (not clickbait)

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Brother, this fills my heart with happiness. Great job!

And remember, you were happy without the car, and because of that, you can be happy now that you have it. And, the best news is, you still will be happy when you don’t have it anymore.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
I would have put a few thousand miles on it. Cannonball run!

Congrats!

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
wow! that's an amazing car, It feels like not long ago you got the orange gallardo...
I bet the journey must've been just as fun as the purchase of the car. It's encouraging seeing stories like yours play out on this forum, It feels like we're all going on our own crazy road trip through the fast-lane. Can't wait to see what's next :D

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Can you go into detail about the second phase of your life? What are you investing your money in? I'd rather hear about how you maintain your wealth rather than the toys you buy. I'm more interested in Freedom than people's gadgets.

How many hours are you working now? Are you hiring more people to do the work for you? Are you going to exit?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Not sure if I should have made this a second new thread or not (to create more buzz + energy)... but now:

29 Years Old: Bought my Second Lamborghini (and my True Dream Car)
I AM ON CLOUD 9 with this car. My dream car since I was 12. I'm now 29. Can't believe this is real life. Wow wow wow.

Alex, I just saw this other white murci today. Now I don't know much about it except the guy said it had a special fast wing on it and was worth over a $1M. I figured you'd probably know what rare version it was.

Anyway, yours looks awesome man!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Can you go into detail about the second phase of your life? What are you investing your money in? I'd rather hear about how you maintain your wealth rather than the toys you buy. I'm more interested in Freedom than people's gadgets.

How many hours are you working now? Are you hiring more people to do the work for you? Are you going to exit?

Are you going to be the new Klaw?

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

"But what's your idea?!?!?!"

Congratulations on all your success @G_Alexander, thanks for sharing :clap:::fistbump:

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
:thumbsup::praise::clap::

But I thought that Fastlane shit was a scam!?

Congrats man, I owned that car for a good 4 years, was pretty damn reliable! You will love it!

So so excited for you.

You did it, you worked the math, worked the need, and worked the value. Boom!

Thank you my friend! Dinner on me in the Murci when I'm in Scottsdale next. You drive us to dinner =). I'm sure you've been missing that sweet V12 serenade! :playful:

So glad you've been able to witness the run-up from the craigslist snow shoveling days - to now :smile:

Brother, this fills my heart with happiness. Great job!

And remember, you were happy without the car, and because of that, you can be happy now that you have it. And, the best news is, you still will be happy when you don’t have it anymore.

Cheers!
Thank you my brother! Can't wait till you and the lady visit Chicago and we go for a ride :smile:

And you are totally right. The more success you have, the more you realize the fun stuff can make you happy... but it won't fulfill you.

Alex, I just saw this other white murci today. Now I don't know much about it except the guy said it had a special fast wing on it and was worth over a $1M. I figured you'd probably know what rare version it was.

Anyway, yours looks awesome man!

Thank you, Kenric! Man, it sounds like you saw an LP670-SV Murcielago. And a 6-speed manual one at that! 1 of 3 in the country. 2 are white. 1 has been crashed. Only 6 in the world (manual). VERY rare. Definitely worth $1M. That is the next Murci for me :cool:
lamborghini-murcielago-sv-wallpaper%2B2.jpg

Can't wait to cruise together!!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Unreal man. Great inspiration.

Would love to see an update on your business thread when you got time.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Thank you, Kenric! Man, it sounds like you saw an LP670-SV Murcielago. And a 6-speed manual one at that! 1 of 3 in the country. 2 are white. 1 has been crashed. Only 6 in the world (manual). VERY rare. Definitely worth $1M. That is the next Murci for me :cool:
lamborghini-murcielago-sv-wallpaper%2B2.jpg

Can't wait to cruise together!!

It was a 6 speed manual. It had a super low wing on the back and was white with black top.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Awesome dude! :cool::cool::cool:

I’m proud of you, you keep the inspiration and morale up for all of us grinding through our trenches. Update the progress thread! :clap::

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
4.30am just took a break from some client work that is due this morning. Serious inspiration right here! Been following your journey for about two or so years here on the forum and moved into a house hack situation back in September as you recommended in one of your threads. We've never really spoken before but just know that I am indebted to you :) Great to see that you are still winning!

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Congrats man!

My dream car is owning no car now. No more servicing, tires, oil check, tax. EVER.

I'm happy with Grab (Singapore's Uber): it's clean, efficient and pretty cheap.

For all other times, I take the metro or bus and life has never been easier.

NFT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 14, 2017
Germany
Congrats well done mate. Be careful, your neighbors may want to kill you if you mount that Kreissieg exhaust ^^

Niko Bellic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 5, 2017
FL
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

28361147079_897de9ec79_b.jpg

40141410661_658a1e7cc7_b.jpg

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Cheers to the first (of hopefully many)!

Get started today guys. Have no fear. Just take calculated chances.
Alex
awesome - thanks for sharing - ;)

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Congrats man!

My dream car is owning no car now. No more servicing, tires, oil check, tax. EVER.

I'm happy with Grab (Singapore's Uber): it's clean, efficient and pretty cheap.

For all other times, I take the metro or bus and life has never been easier.

Sounds BORING!! :playful:;)

Arthur Charles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Feb 24, 2018
Nevers, ♥ de France
That's one fancy car! Congratulations man, your journey is inspiring. Now you reap the benefits of years of PROCESS. I bet to some people you are an overnight success (or a drug dealer, hence the trip to Mexico ;)).

Thanks for sharing, and please continue to do so.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Man, you are truly living the dream my friend! A big congrats!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
More progress threads for me to catch up with. Too many successful people in this forum.:playful:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Alex did you lose any money on the first Lambo? At the start of the thread you said you might break even when selling.

What were the running/ownership costs for the year?

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Alex did you lose any money on the first Lambo? At the start of the thread you said you might break even when selling.

What were the running/ownership costs for the year?
Since I'm on the INSIDERS call right now, I just saw this unanswered question!

I did not lose any money =)

Purchased the Gallardo for $101,000​
Installed Titanium Intakes + Exhaust ($3,500)​
Installed new tires ($1,200)​
Oil Change ($375)​
Total Cost: $106,075

Drove for 5,000 miles. Sold for $106,500. Free car :cool:

The new owner held it for a year and just sold for $107,500 after putting 1,700 miles on it.
--
And thanks everyone else for the kind words!

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Since I'm on the INSIDERS call right now, I just saw this unanswered question!

I did not lose any money =)

Purchased the Gallardo for $101,000​
Installed Titanium Intakes + Exhaust ($3,500)​
Installed new tires ($1,200)​
Oil Change ($375)​
Total Cost: $106,075

Drove for 5,000 miles. Sold for $106,500. Free car :cool:

The new owner held it for a year and just sold for $107,500 after putting 1,700 miles on it.
--
And thanks everyone else for the kind words!
this is insane you must love your country, you pay taxes just for owning a lambo in italy about 6k per year + insurance etc... so here it would never be "profitable".
Here to own a supercar for say 4 years you're basically blowing 20k just on taxes.

consignia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jul 19, 2019
Unreal, I can only imagine how it would feel to own one of those beasts. Congrats man, I hope I can get there before my 40's haha

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Alex
hey man truly inspired after reading this (honestly teared up a little), I too join the forum at 17 years old (just turned 18 today) when it was recommended to me. I have always had dreams to be an entrepreneur since I was a little kid and It all started when I opened my first drop shipping store at 16. I think just like you and agree with everything you say. I too am a lover of cars I have been all my life and wish too own cars like that too but like you said the most important thing is "having time to myself" and the journey not the destination and its something I believe is worth more than anything money can buy. I hope to be like you someday and be able to come back and write about it, this gave me a lot more motivation to start and work on my next venture.
Thank you, Vasili

Last edited:

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Congrats mate!

Your progress thread on this forum has been a massive inspiration to me.

Enjoy the Lambo's, you absolutely deserve them.

ArHS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2021
Great story - love hearing each case of success using the principles applied. God damn puts the fire under my feet to get my own story further along!

Kind regards.

Mr27

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jul 26, 2022

Alex
Wow congratulations brother! I am so glad I just joined this amazing forum, definitely a motivating story. The more I spend time on here, makes me realise even more how the life (yes including a Lambo ) is not so far off after all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.