The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best technology choice for a Blog with optionally paid Posts

richstone.io

API and Automation Engineer Growing SaaS
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jan 28, 2019
Barcelona
Hi!

I am currently conceptualizing on a sort of educational portal for Data Engineering. The idea is to have a site with a blog where I share tips, tricks, trends, insights etc. on the topic.

Then, in a section called "Projects" I plan to give deep insights about specific projects from being planned over implemented up to evaluated. This can be one large post or a series of a few posts.

For more complicated and insightful projects I might want to charge a few bucks after the initial content is running and well received.

So, I am looking at some educational templates on Wordpress (like https://educationwp.thimpress.com/ or Jevelin Multi-Purpose Premium Responsive WordPress Theme Preview - ThemeForest) but obviously, I don't want to commit to some kind of technology/template and find out later, that it wasn't the right choice for some stupid reasons. Maybe someone already has experience with this kind of concept.

My main questions here would be:

1. The Demos don't show what happens after a user has purchased. Do you customize it in a way that they might get access to certain pages after the purchase?
  2. How customizable are Wordpress pages really? I kind of fear to get locked into an array of restrictions by using it, not being able to customize certain, even minor, aspects. For example, the templates call those buyable entities "courses" whereas I'd need them to be "projects". How hard would that be to change?
  3. Some Demos are really slow. Should I not consider them at all or will it usually be better "in production" without the demo overhead?

Or maybe you'd suggest better options than Wordpress for my kind of venture? I am open for everything as long as it allows for as quick a setup as the Wordpress thing (my background is developer) and is not much more expensive dollar-wise than such a template (they seem to be up to 60$).

I also found Add-ons and Themes - LifterLMS here on the forum which looks good but is completely overpriced as I am totally at the beginning of the project.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.