The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Canada Pot Stocks

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
New investors would fall squarely into the category of dumb money at this point.

Most of the pot stocks went down yesterday as result of legalization. Probably because it turned from a bitcoin like speculation into a real venture in one day.

Generally speaking, if random people are talking about the potential of something... the opportunity is usually over.

I bet nursing homes are a bubble along those lines.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
New investors would fall squarely into the category of dumb money at this point.

Most of the pot stocks went down yesterday as result of legalization. Probably because it turned from a bitcoin like speculation into a real venture in one day.

Generally speaking, if random people are talking about the potential of something... the opportunity is usually over.

I bet nursing homes are a bubble along those lines.
Damn; well said, sir!

That is why you wear the top hat and monocle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
Just curious what Fastlaner's thought are on weed legalization in Canada; how are you cashing in on this boom?

In terms of the stocks you already missed the boat. They already made their move for now because people buy the rumor and then subsequently sell the news, in this case the news date of the legalization was Oct 17. The stocks ran up a ton prior to the news as traders speculated. This is what happens and then the suckers come in to buy the stocks on the actually news date and they get burned.

Going forward there will be some big winners in these stocks however most are listed on the OTC market here in the US and these are unregulated companies. There are only a handful of listed companies and exchange traded funds so far like CGC, TLRY, CRON, MJ, and GWPH. Now that weed is legal these companies will need to prove they are real companies and can generate profits. Very few if any earn profits right now and there are many of these lower priced penny stocks that are most likely straight up scams so you gotta be careful.

HotRocket

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 14, 2016
I would be keeping my eyes on IAN, GTII, HARV, ACRG.U, and OH all American MSO's traded on the Canadian CSE Exchange going forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
You are violating the FastLane by investing in stocks rather then creating a company. There is no leverage or control if you are a passive investor. Look at the feedback from the other companies and make your brand even better than theirs. There is money with your name on it if you put a lot of effort into the company.

G. Wellthy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 21, 2018
The real winners in trends like pot stocks are the private equity and club investors that get pre-IPO access.

If you like the wild upside, I would recommend trading the illiquidity for total returns, and finding a way into those “clubs”.

... pot stocks were my most glaring example of this. I couldn’t believe the pre-IPO valuations for some really well supported (well backed by investment banks) companies.

I don’t have the capital or the focus on retirement lifestyle to do that investing though. Still investing in freedom from Slowlane. Was fine missing the mania as a result. Long term perspective.

I wouldn’t recommend chasing an industry so obviously rife with losers, losers that will create PERMANENT losses of capital, unless I had $250,000 of play money to make ten solid bets.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.