The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
Hello

My Name is Jonathan Radeck im 17yo and live at my parents home in Germany Hessen.

I used to play Videogames earning about 3800€ in about 2 Years Before quitting to pursue something Greater in my life.

I sometimes played about 12-15 Hours a Day, well it wasnt just playing it was actual training sometimes which can be quite Boring aswell. fx aim practise or creating power points learning about every detail etc.

I did keep an eye on my Eating habits and did everything to perfome my Best in this Game i climbed to the top 0.1 Percent of Players and Competed in all the Tournements in where i was allowed to play in.
My reaction time had increased from 230 to 140ms and i was doing really well, after getting accepted in a bigger team with an organisation at its back I gave this my all.

I loved it at the beginning and thought this was my path,
But along the way i figured i couldnt just do this forever and it didnt really make me happy.

I missed out on so many Things

I did what Gary Vee told a 16 yo in some video what he called a "Fake Dropout" so basically Skipping just so many days that you are still in the school but at the same time not really caring about it.

this attitude gave me a false sense of freedom i thought i could go on like this forever.

Im still not a fan of school but i do attend it with a different attitude by now and i became best of my Class in some subjects however, that doesent really help if you are missing half the time.

Videogames Became my Life
Other than that i really didnt have one

I faked having an interesting life so i could get a good looking Girlfiend and it worked for a while, however they quickly realised i hadnt have much going for me and so i ended up Having 4 break ups in just 6 months.

This woke me up!

I read about 50 Books on Entrepreneurship,

everytime i was Playing, I was simultaneously Listening to an Audiobook or simular mediums.

I was only hearing what i wanted to Hear from them tho.
What i wanted to hear was probably smth like: You dont need School you will be succesfull as hell just by "Doing what you Love" here is the Shortcut.
TMF was the book that woke me up on that.

Videogames started to no longer make fun bc i was approaching them way too competitive and realised it was actual work staying on the top.
also its not the most healthy thing to do i finally quit them in October 2018.

I discovered a Buisinessplan Competitition on Beauty Products in which i was always interested in
so i had to Create an Idea and Describe it in Detail for the First time.

I have Never realised before then how much i just love Creating things and solving problems.
I learned so much in just weeks and I had my Plan ready in just 2 days.

As i wanted to send in my Plan i saw that it was already 4 month too late to actually send that in :happy:

So i searched for other ones and Figured i would do an App for Booking services like dogwalking or simular services in the Neighbourhood and once again finished the Plan in just a couple *i think 6* Days

(i didnt have more time than that other people had like a whole year but i had just discovered it. *parkinson's law*)

turned out someone else on the same site had the Exact same Idea and had a little more experience than i did.

I got in contact with the dude* that was working on that Project after the thing was over and we shared some stuff.
After doing the competitors research i saw why this project wouldnt work in the way we both thought it would, I modified the Original Concept and im now working on a better version of the Original Idea.

*(that guy mentioned earlier went on to make Commercial videos for small companies in another country btw so hes kind of out of the Picture.)

Making this idea as Precise as possible really helped me tho
and i think it will give me a head start for the Future as i saw exactly why others failed and what didnt work.
Without the competition i wouldnt have approached the project the same way so im pretty Thankful for it.

I had this false idea of how things will work i thought i just needed an Investor and some dudes to do the work for me.

I searched for every shortcut possible
Learning to code ?
Hell no !
"Ok google: how do i not have to do anything and still get everything i want?"

After Reading Unscripted things got alot clearer and it helped me call myself out on some of my Bullshit

I cant stop thinking about my work and i dont care about any other thing than my new Idea and making it a Reality. After learning to design and prototyping im currently learning to code.

I know that i might be a little young to say that but i think i just found what i want from Life.

Much Love Jon Rad:fistbump:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
Hallo, willkommen!

Where did you send your business plan to?
Why can’t you pursue these plans without sending them to someone?

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
Where did you send your business plan to?
Why can’t you pursue these plans without sending them to someone?

So my Plan is to do it without any investors or simular but the Feedback on "Startupteens" is brilliant there is about 150 mentors for young aspiring entrepreneurs.

Its a non profit purely designed to help.

The reason for doing it like this is in my thoughts a Really good way to Fail in my head over and over again without actually loosing anything.

So if i win at this competition i will win 10 000 € ( i Need about 6400) so that would just be a great head start

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
Which game? Did you earn €380 or €380k in 2 years?

Oh i actually made a mistake there i ment to say 3800 €

Which to me was Quite alot

I Played Rainbow six siege in Private tournements since i wasnt 18 i wasnt allowed to compete in many official tournements

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Which game?

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
The reason for doing it like this is in my thoughts a Really good way to Fail in my head over and over again without actually loosing anything.

I don't think it works that way...

There's a difference between failing in your head and failing in the real world.

Just failing in your head won't teach you the skills you need in the real world to succeed.

Other than that, keep going! :thumbsup:

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
With your focus and dedication, you are going to kill it. Congrats on learning entrepreneurship at such a young age. You have a lot of time but don't take that for granted. You blink and a decade passes before your eyes...

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
You need to change your mindset.

You're weren't a professional gamer. You were a hobbyist. You played 4000 hours and earned €3,800. That's €0.95 per hour.

You'd be better off getting a job at McDonald's for 10€ per hour, working 2 hours a day, and playing for 14 hours. At that point you'd be averaging €1.25 per hour and maybe even get a meal out of it.

The definition of a professional is:
"Engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime."

You can't sustain yourself off of €0.95 per hour. You just can't. Even for a kid, that's a shit life since the 4,000 hours of fun you had came at the expense of a better future.

Do you like girls?

Because if you do, video games aren't going to get you them.

If you took 10% of the video game time, and worked out for an hour a day, that'd be 400 days of working out. How would you look now relative to how you look?

If you took another 10% and applied them to getting a job as a waiter in a restaurant, then how much money would you have to start a business?

If you took another 10% and offered to work for free for a guy that was successful in exchange for mentorship, then how much would you have learned?

If you took another 10% to go to meetups with entrepreneurs, then how solid would your network be and how much better your mindset?

... 10% to start your first ecommerce business, then how much would you have learned and how much would your earning potential have increased?

... 10%

... 10%

...10%

...10%

...10%

That's what you missed out on by playing video games.

You weren't a professional.

The sooner you realize that and stop being proud of your past mistakes, the sooner you'll get on the path to success.

You were a kid. You f*cked up. And you f*cked up bad. You need to realize that.

And for those of you in this thread thinking I'm giving him a hard time:

I kind of dropped out of school *im in it but i skip half of the days*

This kid basically dropped out of school to be a loser. Replace video games with "smoking weed and selling to friends", and you have a similar situation as his.

I wish you the best man, but you need to rewrite your post. Admit your mistakes and define how you're going to get to where you want to get.

Life's not constant hedonism. Sometimes it takes hard work and doing stuff that aren't that pleasant. You need to learn how to love the process.

Also - find mentors different than you parents. They obviously don't have a good influence on your life if they let you play for 4,000 hours. While at it, find better friends. Whatever friends you had that didn't bother telling you that you were a loser weren't real friends.

Tough love but you need it. Good luck man and feel free to write back an angry post - it's part of the process to get your mindset right.

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
Thank you

so i did have quite alot of Girlfirends and i do workout reguraly but i totally do get the point.

I really needed to hear this.
Especially the "Replace video games with smoking weed and selling to kids" opened my Eyes it really kind of is that way.

I did quit Videogames in October already-
and i dont miss them.

My Parents are not aware of me skipping school and they hated the Idea of me gaming all day they did many things to prevent it but it didnt really stop me as my grades were somewhat acceptable.

I guess the Reason why i wrote this intro in the First place was to get some help and i have to thank you so much for taking the time writing this.:blush:

Last edited:

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
My thoughts.

The odds of coming up with some original idea is virtually zero. It does not matter if someone else has thought of the same idea that you have. What matters is that you can do it better, does your idea provide more value? Can you execute the idea better than they can?

Ditch the books. You've read 50 books on entrepreneurship? That sounds like a big waste of time to me. The only books on entrepreneurship you need to read are MJ's. Real entrepreneurship is about execution. No one cares about how many books you can read, can you execute? What is your value? Secondly, most of those books you read were probably bulls*it anyways.

If you've honestly read that many books, it sounds to me like you're scared to execute. Don't trick yourself into thinking that reading books is the same as executing. That is not execution.

Also, and this is just my opinion, ditch the "StartupTeens". Once again, it sounds like you're scared. To me it looks like you're looking for "mentors" to teach/validate your process. That is not how it works. If it was that simple everyone would be wealthy. You have to get out and actually execute. Take initiative and figure things out on your own. Don't count on other people to do that for you.

You also mentioned that from your perspective, the "StartupTeens" competition was a way to fail a hundred times in your head without actually losing anything?

No, that is not failing. What exactly did you fail at, besides some competition, if you never started the business?? Your plan is to become successful without taking any risk of possibly losing anything? Once again, it sounds like you'd rather fantasize about the ideas in your head instead of executing them. Entrepreneurship is a process, not an event. If you want to learn valuable knowledge, then you need to actually get out and learn as you navigate the process. Go to the potential consumers of your product for validation, you don't need validation from some "mentor/organization" that might not even be a consumer of your product.

I hope this helps, good luck. Have value, trust in the process, and you'll get where you want to go eventually.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I played
Tom clancys Rainbow Six Siege

I have nearly 4000 hours by now

:blank:
Some professional players are getting paid hell lots of money playing DOTA and League of Legends. I guess you picked the wrong game? Anyway, as you say, being at the top means treating gaming as a job, not as a passion, so it ruins the fun. Better look for greener pastures IMO.

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
A big thank you to you guys for taking the time to call me out on my Bs and the encouregement.

That was really Eye-Opening.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
man you are so lucky finding to TMF with 17yo

Best of luck to you :)

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
Some professional players are getting paid hell lots of money playing DOTA and League of Legends. I guess you picked the wrong game? Anyway, as you say, being at the top means treating gaming as a job, not as a passion, so it ruins the fun. Better look for greener pastures IMO.

so i was in contact with some Players that were at the Absolute top and earning real money with it some of them are earning about 2400 to 4500 and its growing as does the whole scene

Pricepools are currently at around 1 Million$ its the 4th biggest Esport game i think.
If i wouldnt have been there since the beginning i probably wouldnt have made it to the top

I also had some business related plans and i made my own team called "Mprove" which had more than 260 Members or Followers but i just want to stay as far away from Video games as a whole for now since they caused a lot of pain.

I might consider coming back to it some other time but not for the next couple years i want nothing to do with them.

I love what you are doing tho im exited to see you going places. watching your posts :eyes:

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
@Jon Rad could you tell us, where do you see business ideas in eSports? do you have some good ideas to share?

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
@Jon Rad could you tell us, where do you see business ideas in eSports? do you have some good ideas to share?

So one of the more Obvious problems is the overall Health of the Players and their mindsets

very few Teams buy Coaches to help them achieve Greatness in their game the teams at the top are usually fat and lazy with a few exceptions.
I hated to see the "sport" in my opinion being misrepresented by theese folks and wanted to change some things.

I had this plan of creating a movement

Telling people how bad for expample: Energy Drinks, Sugar, bad-posture and bad Mindsets are holding them back.

I Studied the works of dr.Dave Asprey and many other people working on simular topics.
I tested out my own tipps and they helped me and my Friends and partners.

We went on to create our own Team not playing in it ourselfes but managing it from the outside we had some followers on our Discord Server and figured we would Make Videos on the topics and grow it.

In 2 month we had about 160 people on the Discord server but this was already my quitting phase realising how much time it stole so i shut it down and deleted most of it.

The products we were Planning to sell

were first of all Merchandise simular to my old Org
20689-c1e16381452f05a7d8bd3a07f3ad9968.jpg

Secondly
we were planing out selling nootropics and other biohacking interventions.
the market on this is a red Ocean tho and if you dont have strong inventions to the idea i guess the only way to sell thoose good was creating a big brand.

Third idea

Monetizing the Videos themself making a course with some free content
and Creating a Platform for Esport related Courses.

Fourth idea

This would be a good beginning:

Twitch

Handwarmers:
hand-warmer.JPG

Theese things would be perfect for a start as they are extremely Cheap to Produce

I will share more on this in the future but im keeping some ideas private for now.
MProve.png

Attachments

• Old org merch.jpg
    Old org merch.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Versari-ESI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 18, 2019
Hello

My Name is Jonathan Radeck im 17yo and live at my parents home in Germany Hessen.

I used to play Videogames earning about 3800€ in about 2 Years Before quitting to pursue something Greater in my life.

I sometimes played about 12-15 Hours a Day, well it wasnt just playing it was actual training sometimes which can be quite Boring aswell. fx aim practise or creating power points learning about every detail etc.

I did keep an eye on my Eating habits and did everything to perfome my Best in this Game i climbed to the top 0.1 Percent of Players and Competed in all the Tournements in where i was allowed to play in.
My reaction time had increased from 230 to 140ms and i was doing really well, after getting accepted in a bigger team with an organisation at its back I gave this my all.

I loved it at the beginning and thought this was my path,
But along the way i figured i couldnt just do this forever and it didnt really make me happy.

I missed out on so many Things

I did what Gary Vee told a 16 yo in some video what he called a "Fake Dropout" so basically Skipping just so many days that you are still in the school but at the same time not really caring about it.

this attitude gave me a false sense of freedom i thought i could go on like this forever.

Im still not a fan of school but i do attend it with a different attitude by now and i became best of my Class in some subjects however, that doesent really help if you are missing half the time.

Videogames Became my Life
Other than that i really didnt have one

I faked having an interesting life so i could get a good looking Girlfiend and it worked for a while, however they quickly realised i hadnt have much going for me and so i ended up Having 4 break ups in just 6 months.

This woke me up!

I read about 50 Books on Entrepreneurship,

everytime i was Playing, I was simultaneously Listening to an Audiobook or simular mediums.

I was only hearing what i wanted to Hear from them tho.
What i wanted to hear was probably smth like: You dont need School you will be succesfull as hell just by "Doing what you Love" here is the Shortcut.
TMF was the book that woke me up on that.

Videogames started to no longer make fun bc i was approaching them way too competitive and realised it was actual work staying on the top.
also its not the most healthy thing to do i finally quit them in October 2018.

I discovered a Buisinessplan Competitition on Beauty Products in which i was always interested in
so i had to Create an Idea and Describe it in Detail for the First time.

I have Never realised before then how much i just love Creating things and solving problems.
I learned so much in just weeks and I had my Plan ready in just 2 days.

As i wanted to send in my Plan i saw that it was already 4 month too late to actually send that in :happy:

So i searched for other ones and Figured i would do an App for Booking services like dogwalking or simular services in the Neighbourhood and once again finished the Plan in just a couple *i think 6* Days

(i didnt have more time than that other people had like a whole year but i had just discovered it. *parkinson's law*)

turned out someone else on the same site had the Exact same Idea and had a little more experience than i did.

I got in contact with the dude* that was working on that Project after the thing was over and we shared some stuff.
After doing the competitors research i saw why this project wouldnt work in the way we both thought it would, I modified the Original Concept and im now working on a better version of the Original Idea.

*(that guy mentioned earlier went on to make Commercial videos for small companies in another country btw so hes kind of out of the Picture.)

Making this idea as Precise as possible really helped me tho
and i think it will give me a head start for the Future as i saw exactly why others failed and what didnt work.
Without the competition i wouldnt have approached the project the same way so im pretty Thankful for it.

I had this false idea of how things will work i thought i just needed an Investor and some dudes to do the work for me.

I searched for every shortcut possible
Learning to code ?
Hell no !
"Ok google: how do i not have to do anything and still get everything i want?"

After Reading Unscripted things got alot clearer and it helped me call myself out on some of my Bullshit

I cant stop thinking about my work and i dont care about any other thing than my new Idea and making it a Reality. After learning to design and prototyping im currently learning to code.

I know that i might be a little young to say that but i think i just found what i want from Life.

Much Love Jon Rad:fistbump:
Hi There

My name is Stephanie and I live in Bristol UK I am here to get insights into Entrepreneurial Sales - I am heading up the B2C arm of my company which will be launching a new product next month in Entrepreneurial Sales, this can be taken at a degree level or smaller modules can be brought and these will be accredited at different levels. Be keen to here people thoughts on this?

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
so i was in contact with some Players that were at the Absolute top and earning real money with it some of them are earning about 2400 to 4500 and its growing as does the whole scene

Pricepools are currently at around 1 Million$ its the 4th biggest Esport game i think.
If i wouldnt have been there since the beginning i probably wouldnt have made it to the top

I also had some business related plans and i made my own team called "Mprove" which had more than 260 Members or Followers but i just want to stay as far away from Video games as a whole for now since they caused a lot of pain.

I might consider coming back to it some other time but not for the next couple years i want nothing to do with them.

I love what you are doing tho im exited to see you going places. watching your posts :eyes:

Hi,

First, welcome on the forum ! Thank you for this interesting intro.

I see that you are really open about what people have to say to you, you really are ready to grow. You seem to have a really good mindset, you look like you eat fast your mistakes and learn from them, and at 17 years old, it is really an incredible asset! Keep going this way!!

If I had a piece of advice for you, I'd say like many others that you should go forward to action. You can finish school while doing business on the side, you have plenty of time especially since you stopped video games. I would also advise you to think about what you can sell in videogames, because you can probably find interesting idea in this field, and it's a really huge market. I like the hand warmer for instance.

Hope you will take action in the real world (and show yourself to the market) really fast and write your progress here.

Thomas

canone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 20, 2019
Hey man, I am also from Germany. I searched for "Germany" to find other Fastlaners. If you know how to send PMs let's exchange contact details :)

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
Thank you Thomas,

I dont know why i locked this mindset in my head that you had to either do school or pursue your Dreams, when i could´ve just taken my free time after school for my Projects.

Gotta say this Forum already helped me out in more ways i could have imagined

I will execute on one idea within the next 3 month and see where it takes me .

i will definetly Update my progress on here !

ChristianS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Hey!

I like your thread. Wish someone had told me what @AgainstAllOdds wrote when I was your age.

For your execution: As you are writing about html and css I assume some kind of landingpage is involved. Keep validation simple in many cases the landingpage doesn't even has to work. A simple "buy now!" button and counting the clicks plus collecting emails, then sending a "thank you for your order, delivery takes x days/weeks" to your customer. That's it. When the data is good you can develop your product and perhaps you already have first buyers. Obvious that this works not for every kind of idea.

If you need Google Ads for validation...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007