The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When do you realize you are getting sold (Scammed)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
I don't know anything about this Grant Cardone character but I can tell you exactly how to stop getting scammed.

Wait.

That's it. Whenever you get a good idea about the next opportunity that's going to make you millions, just wait. One week. Let one week pass. And think about it carefully. If you're still interested after one week then it might be worth pursuing. Use your judgement and read reviews online.

This is how I beat Tekel syndrome (Opportunity hopping), I waited a week and thought. If the opportunity is good, it will be there a week later. What scammers hope you don't do, is think about it carefully and take your time. They hope you get caught in an irrational exuberance and swipe that credit card and then it's "hah hah sucker" all the way to the bank. Just remember, 99% of all good information is either free or under $15. Don't ever forget that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Anecdotal evidence doesn't equal disconfirming evidence.. I read Grant's book, and he tells you his entire life story and business career there, if based on that not at all impressive track record imho, you believe he's somebody worth learning from cool, I think differently though.

He basically did his same spiel for 20+ years iirc, teaching sales and giving motivational talks in businesses, then he wrote a sales book with good marketing and good content that sold well, went all in on the marketing and blew up.

That isn't very impressive to me, and it sure as F doesn't qualify him to charge what he charges for his courses and seminars. But that's the business he's in, he sells himself and people buy it, he makes himself into a celebrity with marketing and PR and people believe it, he's got a short simple and easy to remember catch phrase (chant) that people love (10X)...

Dan Kennedy has an entire course on this stuff, Grant is just a popular and successful example of somebody doing it at a high level.

He probably isn't a scammer, very few of them exist. To be a scammer somebody has to promise results, and not deliver them without using any legal protection against being sued.

i.e If X sells a weight loss course that guarantees you'll lose X pounds, and you don't you can sue him/her. If instead X has a warning or legal notice on the bottom with small text saying results may vary depending on how closely you follow the program, how motivated you are, how hard you work etc.. he's legally not a scammer and you won't win a lawsuit against him/her. It's a fine line that differentiates both though..

The market will qualify his price. The fact that he's making sales kind of invalidates your point about him "not being qualified to charge what he charges for his courses and seminars".

Regardless, he has quite successfully marketed himself for 20+ years... as you yourself pointed out.

I suppose the question then becomes the following:

Given that he is successful at marketing and selling himself, and his course materials, is there a disconnect between what he uses to achieve his success, and the material he is teaching his students?

If no, then I don't see what the problem is. If yes, then he is a charlatan; no better than those who sell slowlaners on getting rich by having religious faith in the markets while they write best sellers

From what I have seen, he is using his own methodology to achieve his success, so the system seems legitimate. If your analysis is that he uses techniques to market and sell himself that differ from his course materials, then I'd be curious to hear that.

I don't dogmatically follow people, though I do admit to liking the man and I purchased a lifetime membership to Cardone U for $1000 a couple years ago, and the cold outreach / follow up / handling objections stuff helped me land a few well paying gigs as an Adwords consultant. This paid for the course and then some.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Dude university lectures cost under $25/hour , books cost waaaaayyy under $25 an hour, udemy.com or lynda.com courses cost under $25/hour, are you saying all university lecturers, all books and all udemy/lynda courses suck? I disagree.

No, he's saying a consultant or coach.

None of the things you listed are a consultant or coach.

They are static content offerings to be consumed with little to no interaction.

A book or course can be sold for $9, because once you write the book or course, you don't need to work anymore to get sales.

I wouldn't pay any consultant who valued their time less than $25/hr. They are trading time for money, and if they are worth anything, they'll be trading that time for a lot of money.

lejus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 8, 2017
UK
No, he's saying a consultant or coach.

None of the things you listed are a consultant or coach.

They are static content offerings to be consumed with little to no interaction.

A book or course can be sold for $9, because once you write the book or course, you don't need to work anymore to get sales.

I wouldn't pay any consultant who valued their time less than $25/hr. They are trading time for money, and if they are worth anything, they'll be trading that time for a lot of money.

OK fair enough. Still, that doesn't change the fact of whatever this coach/consultant charging you can find the same information for less than $25/hour. Which was my point right? I understand if someone doesn't read or have no time for research, having consultant coach that you will bay in $$$$ or more makes sense but ONLY if you actually use this knowledge, I think that 95% of people who paid that won't use it. They would be better of with book or udemy course and if they spend $15 and take action and figure it out and educate more as they go, they are in 95% cases better off than the guy who spends $$$$$$ and didn't take any action. There are this 5% extremely motivated person who either doesn't read or got into someone's sales funnel and they will actually use this information and end up having number of books and practical advice completed in coach for a lot of money, still there is no chance you can use all of the advice instantly no matter how advanced.

From my viewpoint individual coaching or consulting for ppl who didn't start 99% of the time is pointless. For intermediate level guys probably 95% of the time you can again find information cheaper and better just take action. For advanced guys, it can be priceless but be sure you are indeed advanced. Again there will be always this small % of ppl who started from expensive training and got it worked but it is rather an exception than the rule.

But I might be wrong maybe 90% of those $$$$ training in real estate/forex trading/online business/e-commerce/whateverelsetheyselltrainingonthosedays guys leave those rooms inspired, start straight away and are millionaires 10 years later using this information and then getting some more. But personally, I don't see it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Hopefuly this is right section for this.

You know what I mean, for the very beginners think your average new MLM cult member, for the advanced people think Grant Cardone.

Want to hear how other people snap out of it and become aware.

For me, anytime I read something, or hear someone talk and want to take action IMMEDIATELY. I then stop and revaluate wtf I am being sold. I realize that, the kind of action I am getting isn't true aspiration, but motivation and transformation of emotion into action taking (In this case, sign up for their program)

What's yours?
1) Anytime someone wants to offer me something for free. I know this because it's a tactic that I will use in marketing!
"Hey local residents, come check out our free seminar on real estate investing."
"Our financial planning office is offering you a free dinner at the local steak house."
"Download this free e-book and quick-start guide."

2) Anytime anyone cold calls me unless they have questions about a property.
"We are looking for someone to partner with in your area to send business leads to."
Bullshit. Get a better pitch... or maybe that works for the dummies they usually cold call.

3) Anytime someone tells me they found out about something great and wants to share it with me. If it's so great, why would you tell anyone else about it?
"We found about a great investment that the public doesn't know about. Would you be interested in hearing more?"

4) When someone makes promises but it isn't in a contractual agreement in writing.
"If you sign on we will do this... or... we will do that..."
Bullshit promises

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!