The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Zero to Hero

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
My videos are vlogs, so its just me and the camera. I've never had fear about being in front of a camera. I've been into bodybuilding for a long time and at the gym guys often would come at me for advice or asking how to achieve that kind of body, this used to happen 3 times a week, So I had a demand. One day I was at home with some free time and recorded a 5min video giving tips, posted in a few forums and it became viral, then another and another but I've always struggled with being consistent. This first video was uploaded 6 years ago, so Youtube was way different, there were way less channels and the content was less professional than today.

For the fear, I would say practice, practice and practice. There is a reason why athletes and musicians practice for hours on a daily basis. The more you record and watch yourself, you will feel more confident and be able to spot what you are doing wrong, what you could improve and so on...

One more thing, think long term. What is the goal of your youtube channel? Make money? Fame? Generate a following? A hobby? The answer will tell how much you should invest.
Hey, first of all, thanks a lot!
That's a nice story, probs for that confidence.
For me, I made a video 3 weeks ago on a meme (which I don't really want my content to be in general, or think I can produce high quality stuff like that to compete and grow) and it got reuploaded to a local meme facebook page, and got 10k views there (afterwards I got credit and my actual video got 700 views) but it showed me, maybe I should give it a try?
Yeah that's very true, I should do it. I should just record some videos, I have some ideas.
I think I'll take a baby-step approach, first with only talking, and after I get used to that and improve, I'll record infront of a camera.
Actually, just like 20 minutes ago I was practicing infront of the mirror, talking like a youtuber - saying the usual words, talking as if it's a video, pointing to the description... etc. And it wasn't that bad!
I really gotta stop procrastinating and record something.
I am slowly making a "video bank" word document with every idea I get. I think I'm gonna do some rambling commentaries, and with time I should find a better idea of which content I want to create (I think of vlogs as a student helping with "student problems" when I'll be in college soon, general stuff about self improvement, book reviews, but also fun stuff like gaming and memes).

For now it's a hobby, but I do want to take it seriously and in the future earn ad revenue and turn it from a slowlane hobby to a fastlane career.

sorry for the TLDR, and thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Hey, first of all, thanks a lot!
That's a nice story, probs for that confidence.
For me, I made a video 3 weeks ago on a meme (which I don't really want my content to be in general, or think I can produce high quality stuff like that to compete and grow) and it got reuploaded to a local meme facebook page, and got 10k views there (afterwards I got credit and my actual video got 700 views) but it showed me, maybe I should give it a try?
Yeah that's very true, I should do it. I should just record some videos, I have some ideas.
I think I'll take a baby-step approach, first with only talking, and after I get used to that and improve, I'll record infront of a camera.
Actually, just like 20 minutes ago I was practicing infront of the mirror, talking like a youtuber - saying the usual words, talking as if it's a video, pointing to the description... etc. And it wasn't that bad!
I really gotta stop procrastinating and record something.
I am slowly making a "video bank" word document with every idea I get. I think I'm gonna do some rambling commentaries, and with time I should find a better idea of which content I want to create (I think of vlogs as a student helping with "student problems" when I'll be in college soon, general stuff about self improvement, book reviews, but also fun stuff like gaming and memes).

For now it's a hobby, but I do want to take it seriously and in the future earn ad revenue and turn it from a slowlane hobby to a fastlane career.

sorry for the TLDR, and thanks!

Man, just record the full video as you were going to upload it and do it now. Baby steps won't lead you where you want to go.

If you want to turn this hobby into a profession, you will need to take it profissionally. Write the script, set up the equipment and go for it. Record 10 videos like you were going to upload it and then watch, take notes of what could be improved, learn the lessons and record again, create a goal like " I MUST record 10 videos per week during one month ".

But do something NOW.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
UPDATE:

No more Poker for me, after a few trials I've perceived that it isn't for me. I was getting better everyday but you need to play for hours and I just can't help myself but think about the opportunity cost of the activity itself. While I was there spending 3-4 hours a day staring at a display, I could do something else plus its almost impossible to be consistent, one day you lose a lot, other you win a little than you lose it all and after that you hit the gold... In the long term this can play a tool on your health.

I've distributed all the flyers and putted the stickers in strategic places where my target public frequents daily and... NOT EVEN A VIEW but the funny part is that Im not sad at all, actually Im feeling great to put some real effort into something, now I will start do develop some online presence through social media. I've created a 6-month plan with daily steps then I will decide if I should drop the idea or not.

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
Man, just record the full video as you were going to upload it and do it now. Baby steps won't lead you where you want to go.

If you want to turn this hobby into a profession, you will need to take it profissionally. Write the script, set up the equipment and go for it. Record 10 videos like you were going to upload it and then watch, take notes of what could be improved, learn the lessons and record again, create a goal like " I MUST record 10 videos per week during one month ".

But do something NOW.
Thanks, you are right. I did actually make a video as if I'm uploading it yesterday,
what I meant with baby steps is first practicing with voice only, and then voice+face.

UPDATE:

No more Poker for me, after a few trials I've perceived that it isn't for me. I was getting better everyday but you need to play for hours and I just can't help myself but think about the opportunity cost of the activity itself. While I was there spending 3-4 hours a day staring at a display, I could do something else plus its almost impossible to be consistent, one day you lose a lot, other you win a little than you lose it all and after that you hit the gold... In the long term this can play a tool on your health.

I've distributed all the flyers and putted the stickers in strategic places where my target public frequents daily and... NOT EVEN A VIEW but the funny part is that Im not sad at all, actually Im feeling great to put some real effort into something, now I will start do develop some online presence through social media. I've created a 6-month plan with daily steps then I will decide if I should drop the idea or not.
This is really interesting and looks good, hope it works well for you.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Thanks, you are right. I did actually make a video as if I'm uploading it yesterday,
what I meant with baby steps is first practicing with voice only, and then voice+face.

This is really interesting and looks good, hope it works well for you.

Just one more tip, when you are in the entertainment, people or your public aren't your customers, they are the " goods " you will sell when you are dealing with your real customers (marketing agencies, companies and the likes).

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@raad182 progress?
how many have you sold?
next steps?
how do you get there faster?

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
@raad182 progress?
how many have you sold?
next steps?
how do you get there faster?

Hey ZCP
No sales until today but got 5 unique views. I know its a really low number but I've just printed a few basic stickers that I've made quickly but its a good feeling to see my website working.
Today I've created a logo, facebook cover page, instagram cover and templates for the posts. Tonight I will create my first 24 posts (post 3/day). My goal is to keep this pace for the next 100 days and see if I get any sale, if I don't...I will drop it and look for the next idea but if I get some success, I already have an action plan with the next steps.
I see a fastlane at the horizon but I must work!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@raad182 what sales could you go get? instead of waiting for them to come to you, how could you reach out to them? expand your thinking.

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Wow Great thread! Very inspirational!

Im kind of in the same position as Raad, but stopped after working out one idea that dident work... Guess its time to get back at it I dont have the ever patient @ZCP backing me up.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
@raad182 what sales could you go get? instead of waiting for them to come to you, how could you reach out to them? expand your thinking.

Last night, I started the Instagram page since the start I believe that I will meet most of my potential customers there. Website views is raising (10 lol) and already have 15 followers not bad for a few hours.
Still hunting the 1st sale.
I have a bunch of premade posts for Instagram and some adjustments to make on the website but Im starting to look foward for the next idea.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Wow Great thread! Very inspirational!

Im kind of in the same position as Raad, but stopped after working out one idea that dident work... Guess its time to get back at it I dont have the ever patient @ZCP backing me up.
You don't need me. You need to change your language and your mindset. Get to it.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Pick up the phone. Knock on doors. Network. GO GET A SALE!!

Back to some UPDATE

No sales at all, I've posted 30 pics on Instagram (currently 96 followers) but pageviews aren't raising as expected.
I have more 120 premade Instagram posts that will last for the next 40 days (3/day), If I don't get any sale, I will just drop the idea and try something new.
But Im happy for learning some lessons and working my producer mindset and letting go the consumer mindset.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@raad182 have you called or talked to anyone?

Sitting around hoping is not taking action.

Go out and sell.

Quit wasting time.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Fair enough. Some thoughts for the forum, everyone respond with what you think here......

Question: Why miss the opportunity to get help from your closest network, your family?

Quick aside: why the hell does everyone need to wait? 'oh, i'll get started after this business trip'. 'oh, i'll get started when little Timmy is out of school'. 'I'll start a workout program next January'.

If you are going to make permanent change, why not involve those closest to you? You don't need to hit them with an MLM pitch. Just brainstorm for 5 minutes while driving in the car to go eat. Throw out ideas and get feedback. Learn who is supportive and who just wants to crush your ideas.

@raad182 What I'm pushing for is for you to stop limiting / restricting / delaying yourself!!
Have you put what you have done and what you are stopping doing (with all the why info) into your entrepreneur log? Am guessing no. That you are dabbling and doing 'flavor of the month'.

Use a systematic approach. Identify an idea, research it, test it, learn, pivot. Log and note everything you do, whether / how it works, and WHY it worked or didn't work. This will be invaluable to you as you move forward.

Go back to your list of 11 and log here what you are doing on each or what you have stopped and why. Add any new ideas.

Then list what will get done the week. Then get it done. ...... time to give back and post this for those coming behind you!

I started documenting. Thank you.

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
Back to some UPDATE

No sales at all, I've posted 30 pics on Instagram (currently 96 followers) but pageviews aren't raising as expected.
I have more 120 premade Instagram posts that will last for the next 40 days (3/day), If I don't get any sale, I will just drop the idea and try something new.
But Im happy for learning some lessons and working my producer mindset and letting go the consumer mindset.

Instagram is probably the worst place to advertise your products like that (Without paying for ads/promotion ofc). With more than 7k followers I have a 4% website click per profile visits ratio. I find that RIDICULOUSLY low... and that's what most other accounts have.

Start investing more time in something that can better deliver your message. Video, ads, forum posts or what @ZCP suggests, just talk to people. Instagram is ruthless. It's fine to dedicate a couple hours each week on Instagram. Not ok if that's all you do to get people to your product/service.

Chandler Ruffini

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 28, 2019
If your stating to use INSTAGRAM then,

You need to stop worrying about making sales and start focusing on growing your organic reach! find the right hash tag and start COMMENTING! find pages with similar content to yours and leave a genuine response to what they are doing and repeat this over and over again! leave all the like you're fingers can muster up and give a real sense of vaule to your page to others before you expect some toward yours!

if you're using social media and INSTAGRAM in specific don't let anyone discourage you from that because its a great idea and a strong marketing tool today even if you're somewhat late to them game. it is seriously growing and dying at the same time but i truly think there is money to be made on the platform still if done correctly. Ive been quoting him recently here on the forum but if you don't know about Gary Vaynerchuck then you should. I am no way involved with this man but he inspires me a ton and I take a lot out of his views on the internet and modern day use with social platforms. "Put your nose to the dirt" and struggle for a year or two growing your following and then let the sales follow!

Photool

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 17, 2020
Orlando Florida
Thread #1 (12-31-18 ) Stuck on event /Corrupt Mindset - Time To Pull The Trigger. What Should I Pick?
Thread #2 (01-03-19) Attempts - Starts Progress Thread - From Zero To Hero
Thread #2 (03-20-19) Doesn't Commit to Process /Gives up - ADVICE - Is It The Moment To Quit My Job?

To honor @ZCP efforts after observing & studying the unfolding of User:Raad182 threads - I organized the above interlinked threads in sequential order as they progressed. They carry a heap of value strung between them and deep lessons on a real life examples of what results you will get with a certain kind of mindset, execution, and process or lack thereof.

The thing is ..... @raad182 isn't even the starfish....... it's the person reading this 3 years from now that just needs the push to get off their a$$ and take charge of their life and go F*cking make something happen!! I that is you in 2022, DM me and let me know if it made an impact.
All Jewelry

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Photool did it help? what would you pass along to the next person coming down the path?

i went back and fixed the typo too. let's keep this thread helping others!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.