The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FLOS MASTERPLAN

Flori

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 20, 2018
Hello everyone,

My name is Florian but you can call me Flo.

I'm "new" to this forum.

If I say "new" I mean that I have been reading and consuming without taking any action or at least introducing myself. That stops right now as I do my first post which will be my "Goal"/Plan for the next couple months.
The reason I post this here and not write it in my journal is that there are already too many pages of goals in my journal that I just forgot about and I really want this one to be different.

I execute @InLikeFlint s Post called the "Inside Out" technique. I used his guide to build up my plan from now for the next half a year.

I will post any progress I do in a weekly update and eventually ask some questions on the way.

Thank you @InLikeFlint for sharing this guide and thanks to everyone who posts all these helpful things in this forum! And Thanks for reading this.

Here's the plan:

Step 1: Choose an Industry
As I don’t know which industry to choose here I will skip this for know. In the post is also mentioned that this step is optional in the beginning.

Step 2: Research
I will do my research as the following:

- I will go to upcoming meetups and other events, where people working in real industries are going.

- I will just try to get in contact to any company owners maybe over friends friends or other opportunities

- I will meet with a couple company owners I know as soon as I am back in my country ( March ).

- I will tell them the situation and dig into their problems until I eventually find one that stands out.

- Now I will do step 1 and talk to more people in the industry of the person I talked to. This will give me a better feel of how big this problem actually is. Ideally to the „best of the best“ in that Industry. Because if they can’t solve the problem by themselves, nobody in the industry probably can.

Step 3: Brainstorm

Now the fun part begins:

- I will think about how I can solve the problem.

- I will work out and meditate a lot because that always gets my brain running.

Step 4: Create

Building a prototype:

- Now I will build a prototype by myself using my development skills. If I don’t know something I need, I either learn or outsource it.

- If it’s a service I will think about things like workflows and structures now.

- The prototype will be working/solving the problem, but may be not optimized for big amounts of users.

Step 5: Market

Show the prototype

- I will show the prototype to a couple of the people that got me the idea and let them try it (for free).

- I see if they find it useful or not. If yes, I make it a real product. If no, I will find the reason for that and either improve the prototype or stop working on it and move on to the next industry/problem.

Step 6: Expand

- I will take my product and market it. To let people know of it I do the following:

- Cold call/mail companies.

- Meet people at networking/industry related events.

- Eventually do social media marketing as I think It’s a pretty smart thing to do.

That's it. I feel like it's a good way to eventually create something that is really needed.

The next update is coming on the 12. of February. See you then!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Flori

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 20, 2018
Update 1: 13. Feb (one day late)
Things I did since posting:

- Went to toastmasters public speaking meet up in hope of meeting some people active in interesting businesses -> Wasn’t really an event built to network because of a very fast pace. I learned some interesting things about public speaking though.

- Went to UX meet up: - Met interesting people. Added a copywriter to my network. Partnered up with a guy to build an app idea. Not sure If I’m really going to do this. The idea sounds good enough to be worth building a prototype but It would not follow the concept this post ist about.

- Took some freelance jobs on a freelance marketplace and now I’m going to do them. Half by myself, half by other freelancers that I outsource to.
(This is a pretty big deal for me because I never really made money different than being employed) If I continue getting freelance work at this pace I won’t need a regular job anymore I think.

I’m not sure if this stuff is exactly what I needed to do to fulfill my plan but at least it’s something. And it's definitely more than I did the last couple years/months in one week!

Cheers

Flori

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 20, 2018
Update 2:
Since I posted last I didn’t do too much unfortunately. I finished one of the freelancing projects and got paid that was great. I tried my best to give as much value to the customer as possible.
I tried to find more projects the same way but there was not much coming up on the freelancing portal I use. I also looked at other places like upwork but I feel like it’s really hard to keep the prices low enough if you have competition from all over the world. As I’m still travelling I’m meeting a lot of people with different backgrounds and try to figure out if they need something eventually.
In a week I’m home and can focus a lot more than.
Cheers
Flo

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum. How did you find us? Did you read either of the books?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Are there any problems in your field of work or expertise?

The thread you are referencing is years old and is quite a common strategy, solution selling, idea extraction, it has many names. I'm a believer that the best ideas come from domain experience because you have intimate knowledge of the issue.

Welcome to the forum.

Flori

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 20, 2018
Are there any problems in your field of work or expertise?

The thread you are referencing is years old and is quite a common strategy, solution selling, idea extraction, it has many names. I'm a believer that the best ideas come from domain experience because you have intimate knowledge of the issue.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi @MJ DeMarco and Thanks for answering.

My fields of “expertise” would be software developing and video production.
As I’m pretty young I don’t have any real industry experience in these fields except for a tiny bit of freelancing.

Do you guys think it makes sense to focus more on pain points in these, in my opinion highly hyped and competitive fields, rather than looking for another niche?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...