The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SCAM ALERT: False or Legit?

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Feb 8, 2016
I think many of the members on here are highly skeptical of Forbes and his mentioning this guy in every thread he's posted in, and are also highly skeptical of a product that sells for 20x more than comparable products without any foreseeable reason. Personally, I feel that this Mr. Pena is scamming innocent people out of their money. But that is only my opinion, and I can definitely understand why some would disagree.

Stumbled upon this about a decade late, but I have one thing to say that's as evergreen as it gets.

How could investing in a good book be a "scam"?

Gawd dayum! People don't even blink before they take massive debt for college or get married prematurely and lose half their fortune from a divorce.

But when it comes to books or courses, all alerts flash red and warning siren sounds start penetrating your skull to save you from being tricked!

Are there ill-intentioned profiteers out there, who sell you trash as gold?

Yes, there are.

But this is why there's something called "due diligence" and "critical thinking"

Whether a book costs $19 or $499, it contains the same information.

However, nobody screams SCAM when they're about to buy something for $19. For most people this is a negligible amount. So instead, of scam they might just say "Uh not a good book".

I've observed a mentality that permeates most people when it comes to their self-education.

They don't want to put considerable money into it.

This is not about how much a book/course costs. Whether it's priced at $400 or $10 is irrelevant.

What this is about is how much are you willing to bet on yourself.

What is the value you assign to yourself? Is it just $20? That's all you're worth?

If you had unlimited money, would you be content with a cheap, beat up used car? Or would you give yourself the best your money could get?

This is a no brainer when it comes to something as flashy as a car. Yet when it's about something that's as intangible as knowledge, it suddenly becomes a questionable practice.

Listen, if you want to move forward, you must give yourself the best your money can get.

However, most would rather keep living in the same, comfortable reality, instead of putting some pressure on themselves, and taking a small risk by betting on themselves.

Insecure.

"Invest X money? What if I fail? What if it's a bad decision? Oh my gawd I can't handle the pressure. I'm not good enough! I'm not good enough!"

IMG_8868.jpg

"Why buy this when I can get it for free on YouTube?"

Well, do you so little respect for your time, you'd rather dig for hours to find something instead of getting it served on a plate?

This is a broke man's mindset. No wonder why you haven't escaped mediocrity yet. You think like all other mediocre people.

Mediocre people waste their time on meaningless endeavors.

Even when they try to direct their time onto something beneficial, they do not do it efficiently (low ROI).

When a mediocre person sees me get 10X their results, with 1/10th of the effort they get frustrated. They see others getting results so effortlessly. The results they crave and work hard for. Then they decide that something is wrong with them and quit.

Case in point, when you buy any book or course, is it possible to find the same information elsewhere?

Yes it is.

But everyone ignores a big caveat in that.

Free information comes with free misinformation.

Confusion ensues. Efficiency plummets.

IMG_8864.jpg

"Why buy this if I can get it for free?"

Because COMMITMENT.

Everyone talks big words, but how many talk big with their actions?

"I want to become successful, make more money, date a hotter b!tch"

Alright, here is how, but it costs something.

"WHAT? You crazy man? I ain't paying for it, if you were real you'd just hand it over to me?"

If it was handed over to you, it wouldn't be appreciated. Look at all those rich kids who inherited their wealth. What did they make of it?

The same information that costs $10,000 and makes you millions, would make you nothing if it cost nothing.

Unless you commit to it, with your resources (money first, time secondly), you won't act on it with the dedication required to make shit happen.

IMG_8867.jpg

PS: These conversations are from a private online mastermind I'm a member of. I'm the 2nd millionaire in there, so I carry a big burden of the responsibility to help other less accomplished members.

I added these screenshots here because they add insight to the topic. I purposefully hid specific mentions cause this is not about a particular book or course.

All things concerned, my experience has shown me, that the primary hindrance to one's attainment of wealth and success, is his own self-limiting thought pattern.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Commitment has to be one of the biggest bane in my life right now. Commitment and accountability.

You said it, the hefty price tage makes people commit to it, more than just giving the content.

Why would people pay $30K to be inside this mastermind if it wasn't to commit to it ? (Am I right, is it that mastermind?). That alone would be a great example to serve those guys.

Side note: I never saw anyone paying the full price for those courses though. It's always a special price of $997 (even for the one these guys are talking about) or monthly subscription "for a limited time" since it ever came out.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Stumbled upon this about a decade late, but I have one thing to say that's as evergreen as it gets.

How could investing in a good book be a "scam"?

Gawd dayum! People don't even blink before they take massive debt for college or get married prematurely and lose half their fortune from a divorce.

But when it comes to books or courses, all alerts flash red and warning siren sounds start penetrating your skull to save you from being tricked!

Are there ill-intentioned profiteers out there, who sell you trash as gold?

Yes, there are.

But this is why there's something called "due diligence" and "critical thinking"

Whether a book costs $19 or $499, it contains the same information.

However, nobody screams SCAM when they're about to buy something for $19. For most people this is a negligible amount. So instead, of scam they might just say "Uh not a good book".

I've observed a mentality that permeates most people when it comes to their self-education.

They don't want to put considerable money into it.

This is not about how much a book/course costs. Whether it's priced at $400 or $10 is irrelevant.

What this is about is how much are you willing to bet on yourself.

What is the value you assign to yourself? Is it just $20? That's all you're worth?

If you had unlimited money, would you be content with a cheap, beat up used car? Or would you give yourself the best your money could get?

This is a no brainer when it comes to something as flashy as a car. Yet when it's about something that's as intangible as knowledge, it suddenly becomes a questionable practice.

Listen, if you want to move forward, you must give yourself the best your money can get.

However, most would rather keep living in the same, comfortable reality, instead of putting some pressure on themselves, and taking a small risk by betting on themselves.

Insecure.

"Invest X money? What if I fail? What if it's a bad decision? Oh my gawd I can't handle the pressure. I'm not good enough! I'm not good enough!"

View attachment 23722

"Why buy this when I can get it for free on YouTube?"

Well, do you so little respect for your time, you'd rather dig for hours to find something instead of getting it served on a plate?

This is a broke man's mindset. No wonder why you haven't escaped mediocrity yet. You think like all other mediocre people.

View attachment 23720

"Why buy this if I can get it for free?"

Because COMMITMENT.

Everyone talks big words, but how many talk big with their actions?

"I want to become successful, make more money, date a hotter b!tch"

Alright, here is how, but it costs something.

"WHAT? You crazy man? I ain't paying for it, if you were real you'd just hand it over to me?"

If it was handed over to you, it wouldn't be appreciated. Look at all those rich kids who inherited their wealth. What did they make of it?

The same information that costs $10,000 and makes you millions, would make you nothing if it cost nothing.

Unless you commit to it, with your resources (money first, time secondly), you won't act on it with the dedication required to make shit happen.

View attachment 23723

PS: These conversations are from a private online mastermind I'm a member of. I'm the 2nd millionaire in there, so I carry a big burden of the responsibility to help other less accomplished members.

I added these screenshots here because they add insight to the topic. I purposefully hid specific mentions cause this is not about a particular book or course.

All things concerned, my experience has shown me, that the primary hindrance to one's attainment of wealth and success, is his own self-limiting thought pattern.

What do you think?

I used to have this mentality, and until I read TMF I didn't realise just how little I valued my time. I too would rather spend hours trying to dig up free content that I could have just paid $20-50 for.

Not only is it a practical hindrance, as you point out, this kind of paucity of thinking leads to self-limiting thought patterns that will end up blocking the message that you're so desperately trying to get for free.

Committing with money is important, it's why I only ever pay for my year's gym membership upfront, that way I go all the time, it's much easier to write off one month, then two, and so on, no way am I letting them have that chunk of money for nothing.

P.S. I think I'll join your FB group tomorrow, would do it today but my StayFocused app has blocked it for the day :)

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
Commitment is a big part of it. For a lot of people the objections are all coming from fear and uncertainty:

"If I drop $10,000 on this course, what if I don't earn it back?"

And then there's all the gears turning about paying rent, affording food, buying that new iPhone you didn't need...

I'll vouch for that mindset because I lived it for most of my life. When you think that way, you're already living in "can't" mode. You aren't thinking, this money will earn back 2x/5x/10x what I'm spending. You just see the number and your immediate response is "nope".

On the other hand (what's little advocacy for the devil going to hurt?), pushing commitment and consistency is a technique that extraverted fast-talking salesmen can use to put the squeeze on people in a moment of indecision.

People understand this on some level even if they can't say what unsettles them about it. It's not surprising that there's resistance -- this is basically the same thing that every hard-closing gym salesman and used car dealer does. It's not exactly irrational to hesitate in a low-information environment or in a situation where most things really are low-value-added junk.

It's also a chicken-and-egg problem. What comes first, the leap of faith with a hefty cash investment, or the change of character and attitude?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Although my safe sourcing and easy importing book sells at only $97 full price or less on my marketplace offer, I have still had to contend with people boasting that they can get all the information for free on the internet.

If they happened to search the site ProvenChinaSourcing . Com they would see many hundreds of provable testimonials, including many from Fastlane members extolling the value of the book. This includes one who wrote: "You have saved me $3,000."

Not a bad ROI on an expenditure of $97.

What the cheapskates don't understand is that you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

"If you think education is expensive - consider the cost of ignorance."
Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!