The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vegan / Vegetarians Only (Chat about lifestyle, opportunities, food, whatever...)

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
I don't think going vegan solves anything. People will always eat meat.

How do you think any change happens? Does the world just wake up one day and everything is different or is it a small group of people that refuses to participate in "what people will always do" that grows in numbers and drives the change?
I agree with you, the industry does need to change, but it will only do so if that is what the people demand.
Politicians will only pass animal welfare laws if that is what their voters want and the industry will only stop killing and torturing animals if the people stop paying them for it.

Lastly, what is a humane way way to kill someone. Does that mean it would be okay to kill a human that way as the word might imply?
What is the humane way to forcibly impregnate someone and take their children so we can steal their milk?
What is the humane way to breed someone into existence, solely for our taste buds?

@MJ DeMarco I am fully aware that this is part of the discussion you didn't want on this thread, feel free to delete it if you want to do so. I just didn't want to let things stand like that

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
I found the video very disturbing and makes me very angry but I don't think going vegan solves anything. People will always eat meat. The industry itself needs to change in how it treats the animals. There are humane ways to going about this. Nobody's just doing anything about it.

After watching the video, I'm writing my local Congressman about this.

In other words, you feel bad because you contribute to the things that disturb you. But instead of doing something about it, you rationalize your actions by claiming that going vegan doesn't solve anything.

I'm not trying to attack you, I've just thought about this before and I practiced the exact same line of thought. You're not a bad person for eating animals, but the act of doing so is unethical and you're basically rewarding this abuse by voting with your wallet.

Writing to your local congressman is an action fake. Sitting on your a$$ and expecting other people to take action. Something which is often criticized here on the forum.

To be honest, I'm not one to bother about what other people do. But either you care or you don't.

And just a question...

Hypothetically, if I were to kidnap you and lock you up in my serial killer basement, force breed you and eventually kill both you and your offspring... would there be any humane way to go about that? Is there a nicer, friendlier way to do it?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
People will always eat meat.

Of course they will. However we're not talking about Alaskan bush people or Pacific Islanders where meat is a necessity to survival -- we're talking about 1st world industrialized humans (of which most of them are overweight to morbidly obese) who eat meat purely for flavor, not for necessity.

humane ways

Despite the notation to keep this conversation contained to Vegans already engaged in the lifestyle, I knew it would be impossible for the carnivores to sit back and not defend their bacon double cheeseburgers.

Your response is typical Scripted drivel designed to make you feel better about contributing to the problem. And of course, it is a defense to the status quo which doesn't want its "flavor" threatened.

You want "the script" to be limited to business, education, and economics. We'll I'm telling you it is its most powerful in health, food, and medicine.

This was the hardest thing for me to accept because like mostly everyone, I enjoy my BBQ, my bacon, and my trip to the steakhouse.

But the truth of the matter is, the "script" was allowing my intellectual dishonesty to continue unquestioned and muzzling what my soul subconsciously knew to be undeniable facts. That is by design -- because a significant % of humans wouldn't do the killing themselves, they pay for someone else to do it behind closed doors while masked to the atrocity of the slaughter. And the ultimate truth, I was abetting it because I was consuming for pure pleasure, not for necessity.

When I simplified the choice down to it's core reality, the decision became easy.

If I had to physically press a simple "kill" button to slaughter an animal (behind closed doors, not even seeing their face) I couldn't. And if I couldn't press the button, I can't open my wallet and pay for someone else to do it.

There is NO humane way to kill something that doesn't want to be killed.

Can you be humanely bred, incarcerated, and then killed because an advanced alien civilization deems it is smarter than you, and therefore, is entitled to the muscle on your bones? Even though you have a considerably advanced nervous system that can feel emotion, feel fear, and feel joy? Your bacon is smarter and more emotional than your family dog. But that's OK, because well, it's always been done that way. And it tastes good.

As @jon.M mentioned, you vote with your wallet. That is where change starts and this kind of small grass roots effort has already had a significant impact.

Red pills aren't limited to business and economic slavery.

And once you swallow the red pill, only wilful ignorance and pure selfishness allows the truth to remain buried because well, everyone else is doing it and the Wendy's commercial looks so tempting...

Nice analogy...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-zsOfHwHD0

Tstrikr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 30, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
I am really happy to find out that you are vegan MJ, Hi-5 ! that is awesome! I have been vegan going on 4 years now for health and ethical reasons. Vegan cafe's and restaurants are popping up everywhere here in Australia, what's it like in your city?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I am not sure about the vegan or vegetarian lifestyle.

All I know is that: I identity as a Prius.

Good day.

:clench:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Second day into vegan lifestyle right now bit of an adjustment, but damn when chicken and vegetable risotto was served up tonight I almost puked got out my vegan burgers and veggies and went to town, some things can't be unseen.

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Same Here! So stoked that MJ is vegan. I've been vegan for over 4 years and was vegetarian for 3 years before that. Every person that goes vegan makes a difference on others so that's always a great thing to hear, makes my day when someone I know turns out to be vegan :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Vegan cafe's and restaurants are popping up everywhere here in Australia, what's it like in your city?

Well in my "city" is it's all old people near death who won't change their ways no matter what. So there's nothing.

In all the neighboring cities there are all kinds of options.

It's getting much easier to find great choices.

Second day into vegan lifestyle right now bit of an adjustment

It's not as hard as it appears when you have the traumatic anchors of how these creatures are treated.

I'm shocked that it has been pretty easy and the food selections are damn tasty once you start knowing where to look. I don't miss steak, I only miss the ambiance of the steakhouse, which I can still go for a drink or whatever else. I still BBQ. I still eat pretty much the same and have the same issues as everyone else -- vegan junkfood is still, well, junkfood. Love my crinkle cut fries.

Interesting little factoid
: If you break into a factory farming operation and video tape the atrocities, and then get caught, the government has made a law that you don't get arrested with a simple B&E, you get arrested as a domestic terrorist and they can lock you up and throw away the key. YES, you are labeled the same as Timothy McVey. In other words, the BIG-AG lobby has made damn sure that they and the government keep their little cruelty operation behind closed doors. Can't have people find out the truth can we??

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
It's not as hard as it appears when you have the traumatic anchors of how these creatures are treated.

This- 100% this!

I've been vegetarian since I was 11- did a project for school about animals in circuses and then decided that night that I was going to be vegetarian- I told my dad I was never going to eat meat again, and he of course was like "ok, sure"...I turn 25 this month and still haven't had meat since.

Same thing for vegan, I went vegan when I was 19- watched a documentary about the egg and milk industry and went vegan the next day.

Cheese, meat, eggs...etc. Its not worth it to support such an absolutely horrible industry and practice. Better for the planet, animals, and for you to eat plant based!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
For anyone looking to get their foot wet with some delicious, very easy and simple vegitarian/vegan recipes check out https://pinchofyum.com/

It's not a vegetarian blog, but more and more of the recipes are starting to be.

I've gotten really into "bowls". I was on a greek/mediterranean kick this summer with falafel, tzatziki sauce, couscous, etc.

If you haven't had couscous... give it a try. Only takes 5 minutes to "cook"!

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Hypothetically, if I were to kidnap you and lock you up in my serial killer basement, force breed you and eventually kill both you and your offspring... would there be any humane way to go about that? Is there a nicer, friendlier way to do it?
giphy.gif

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Trying an Aglio olio tonight with adzaki bean spaghetti and this hemp parmesan. Anyone tried it yet? I had a small taste and was impressed, could be a decent substitute. I hope it melts.hemp_parmesan-2.jpg

Last edited:

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Beside the horrible pictures and the sheer injustice forced upon animals there's a simple "mind game" you can tell, that resonates with a lot of people when nothing of the former wants to be seen or heard.

If, from one day to another, there would be a disease that kills humans as fast as we slaughter animals for food, humanity would be wiped from the surface of earth within 2 1/2 weeks (18 days).

Watch their faces. It's priceless.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
What's everyone's opinion on what the health? I am hearing mixed reviews.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I've reduced my meat consumption about 90% after watching Earthlings (made me cry really, really hard multiple times), but I still struggle eliminating it completely. I went 3 months fully vegan and then emotional issues caused me to fall back into not caring as much again.

One thing I'll say for sure is that I feel much better eating the vegan lifestyle than having a meat-friendly diet. I always get tired shortly after I eat something with meat, but I just had a pickled veggie hoagie from down the street and I'm good to go. No tiredness.

I have found this to be the case consistently.

ManliestManofMen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 13, 2018
USA
I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but definitely interested in going more plant-based / meatless for health and environmental reasons. I've started experimenting and trying more meatless dishes.

Have you guys had the impossible burger? It's a little pricey, but damn it's pretty good. My energy is better after eating it too, unlike a regular cheeseburger.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
Wow its great to see a thread on this. I am not 100% vegetarian but every other day I either fast for 24 hours or I will become vegetarian. The other days I try to eat as clean as possible. I eat meat but not as often as most people do. I keep sugar and processed foods to a minimum.The only pork I eat is bacon and I dont eat it that often. The only diary I eat and I dont eat it often is eggs. Although I eat cheese in moderate fashion lol. I eat a TON of plant based foods. Veggies and nuts and seeds. Super foods as well. Spirulina and Chorella are a must for me. Also everyone is should be taking vitamin D3 and Iodine. I think as entrepreneurs we need to eat a TON of plant based and clean foods to give our minds and body fuel.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but definitely interested in going more plant-based / meatless for health and environmental reasons. I've started experimenting and trying more meatless dishes.

Have you guys had the impossible burger? It's a little pricey, but damn it's pretty good. My energy is better after eating it too, unlike a regular cheeseburger.

Just had an Impossible Burger at the Wynn / Encore, the only hotels in Vegas that are vegan friendly. It was really good, a bit better than The Beyond Burger.

Areding

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 12, 2018
I can not say that it is 100% correct, that they do not eat animal food, it also has a lot of vitamins and nutrients for our body. I believe that you just need to stick to the culture of nutrition, that's all.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
This year I've seen an EXPLOSION of vegan/vegetarian food products, a majority of it consisting of mainstream brands that never focused on this market before. Meat substitutes, bean/lentil/veggie stuff, candy marked with a big, bright "VEGAN" label so those with a sweet tooth don't have to read the fine-printed ingredient lists.

I really like the facts that MAINSTREAM brands have gotten into this. Lot of their stuff tastes great and they manage to sell it for quite cheap, compared to the more expensive vegan brands that don't necessarily provide a better product.

I don't eat at McDonald's that much but they've even rolled out a few additional vegan burgers.

There's new stuff to try out every month which is great. Is this just a local occurrence or has anyone else seen this trend where they live?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
This year I've seen an EXPLOSION of vegan/vegetarian food products, a majority of it consisting of mainstream brands that never focused on this market before. Meat substitutes, bean/lentil/veggie stuff, candy marked with a big, bright "VEGAN" label so those with a sweet tooth don't have to read the fine-printed ingredient lists.

I really like the facts that MAINSTREAM brands have gotten into this. Lot of their stuff tastes great and they manage to sell it for quite cheap, compared to the more expensive vegan brands that don't necessarily provide a better product.

I don't eat at McDonald's that much but they've even rolled out a few additional vegan burgers.

There's new stuff to try out every month which is great. Is this just a local occurrence or has anyone else seen this trend where they live?
Those foods are still processed or synthetic. The human body still prefers all natural.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Vanesco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Oct 29, 2018
I read a lot and heard about vegetarianism and somehow I even decided to try to live without meat. It was a very difficult period, I will no longer repeat such experiments.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Meat consumption in the UK is down 33% in the last 5 years.

It's not a trend. It's a shift.

The USA is usually behind but it's starting to happen. It begins on the left and right coasts and then moves inland.

For me, the transition has gotten much easier as more tasty options are available.

There is a thread for Vegan/Vegetarian opportunities here...

The Opportunity of Veganism / Vegan Business Opportunities

Millions/billions are waiting to be made, right behind Cannabis.

(I might post an INE on it soon...)

Wondering what people's thoughts are on this info from Max Lugavere:

This isn't a thread to debate its validity.

It's a thread for those who are doing it.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Thanks for that, I'll look more carefully at it.
Just make your own.
Blend up almonds and water, run through a cheesecloth.
Or, they make special nut sacks (don't google that).

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Anyone has tried Rich Roll meal plans? I am recently moving to a more vegan diet and I want to find easy recipes to cook at home.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone has tried Rich Roll meal plans? I am recently moving to a more vegan diet and I want to find easy recipes to cook at home.

I moved your post to the Lifestyle thread which pertains to practicing it, not the opportunities.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Just make your own.
Blend up almonds and water, run through a cheesecloth.
Or, they make special nut sacks (don't google that).

Mrs Gman does this all the time with cashews. It's also a good way to thicken and add mineral content to stews. If you use it as soup broth you don't even have to strain it. Just blend and you're good to.

I noticed in Natural Grocers yesterday that bone broth for collagen is on-trend. I've seen plant based collagen in the supplement aisle, but not seeing it in the soup/broth aisle. A plant based alternative to bone broth powders has mass market potential. Anybody wanna make one?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Mrs Gman does this all the time with cashews. It's also a good way to thicken and add mineral content to stews. If you use it as soup broth you don't even have to strain it. Just blend and you're good to.

I noticed in Natural Grocers yesterday that bone broth for collagen is on-trend. I've seen plant based collagen in the supplement aisle, but not seeing it in the soup/broth aisle. A plant based alternative to bone broth powders has mass market potential. Anybody wanna make one?

The SO makes a creamy potato, mushroom, and broccoli soup. I couldn't believe there was no dairy in it and she used some type of cashew thing. Naturally she didn't tell me what it was because I'm a finicky eater (gooey cashew mix just sounds plain gross) but it was better than the real thing. I ended up eating an entire vat of the stuff. Even better, I wasn't put into a dairy coma 30 minutes later.

EDIT: I moved some posts out of the Opportunity thread into here since this is more of a discussion of eating vegan or vegetarian.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.