The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
My importing business sold many thousands of labels of various types, and a big problem we encountered was logos that were impossible to reproduce in some of our label types.

If a logo can't fit, can't be identifiable, can't be exactly reproduced, can't have the chosen colors on any possible label medium, it fails.

Those who have my labeling book will know about metal labels. Of the various types of metal labels, some have very exacting requirements for reproducing the logo.

Many times we received artwork that was very clever, and sometimes beautiful, but it was impossible to reproduce and still look exactly like the way it appeared in the large format provided.

The problem was that the logo designer was displaying his/her graphic arts ability rather than producing a design that served the real purpose of producing a memorable, recognizable image.

Don't forget that a logo is not simply an identity, it can be a powerful emotional magnet.

Apple ..... The bite conveys the ideas of rebellion, non-conformity, or independence.
Nike ...... The tick says "Just do it." The idea is that you are capable, you are a doer, nothing can stop you.

My advice is to take CONTROL of your design. You have come up with the concept, don't let a cheap design mill churn out a generic version of what they think will look clever.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
Now try to use that design as a fav icon, or print it in small size on tshirt (left side of the chest), etc. ...you will find issues, you wont be able to use it correctly....losing brand awareness and consistency.

Logo design isn't what customer likes. Have you ever seen a big brand asking for an opinion of their customers when they redesign logo? No!

If you want ot really build quality brand, it's much more than: ''There you have it, job done. Now make some sales.''

Why use something generic that everyone using because they think like you?

Is your goal to blend in or stand out from your competitors?

Changing logo later after your print it all over the place will cost you small fortune, why not doing it the right way at the start.

Big companies don't spend big money on branding because they don't know where to throw the money.

I could write you all day, just don't have time. Personally I've never bought anything from a bad looking website and brand, they look cheap/generic and I don't trust them. I believe I'm not alone on this one.

I don't disagree, but I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying. Google's logo is a good example. They have many variations. The standard full word 'Google', then there's the single 'G' in the same font and color scheme that they use for their apps. There are ways to go about it.

For example the car could be put on a shirt, favicon, i.e.(smaller places), and words used on the website or other places where text will be easily deciphered. It's all about perspective and being smart about using the logo.

The point I'm making is the logo isn't the entire brand by itself. It's your choice to not support or buy from a company with poor designs. Others will happily hand over their money because it provides values to them and could care less about the font or color scheme used.

U

User62861

I don't disagree, but I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying. Google's logo is a good example. They have many variations. The standard full word 'Google', then there's the single 'G' in the same font and color scheme that they use for their apps. There are ways to go about it.

For example the car could be put on a shirt, favicon, i.e.(smaller places), and words used on the website or other places where text will be easily deciphered. It's all about perspective and being smart about using the logo.

The point I'm making is the logo isn't the entire brand by itself. It's your choice to not support or buy from a company with poor designs. Others will happily hand over their money because it provides values to them and could care less about the font or color scheme used.
The logo is waaaay overused and thats enough to remove it as a potential candidate for a company’s logo.

Othere problems are still there, someone can fix it, others can try live with it.

I always say, if you think you are doing great witha a bad logo or branding, imagine how much you can achieve with the good one.

People often say how they dont have money for a $1k logo, while they write that on their newest iPhone which costs even more. In the end, its all how bad you want something.

U

User62861

My importing business sold many thousands of labels of various types, and a big problem we encountered was logos that were impossible to reproduce in some of our label types.

If a logo can't fit, can't be identifiable, can't be exactly reproduced, can't have the chosen colors on any possible label medium, it fails.

Those who have my labeling book will know about metal labels. Of the various types of metal labels, some have very exacting requirements for reproducing the logo.

Many times we received artwork that was very clever, and sometimes beautiful, but it was impossible to reproduce and still look exactly like the way it appeared in the large format provided.

The problem was that the logo designer was displaying his/her graphic arts ability rather than producing a design that served the real purpose of producing a memorable, recognizable image.

Don't forget that a logo is not simply an identity, it can be a powerful emotional magnet.

Apple ..... The bite conveys the ideas of rebellion, non-conformity, or independence.
Nike ...... The tick says "Just do it." The idea is that you are capable, you are a doer, nothing can stop you.

My advice is to take CONTROL of your design. You have come up with the concept, don't let a cheap design mill churn out a generic version of what they think will look clever.

Walter
Very good points Walter.

People/companies lose so much time and money on redesign because they went for a cheap option which they tought was a great deal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
What matters more than “logo” is logo usage.

You’re going to be online. You need a version that fits on a website header well.

You need a version that fits into an Instagram or Facebook profile icon.

So on and so forth. Anything that gets your logo has to look “right”.

This full logo would look great as a 3D sign to hang in the reception area of an office.

I’d recommend just the “fastright” part to be your logo. The site should be the part that says “we sell auto glass” not the logo. Usually including the “auto glass” part is for putting on a truck or a sign so people know what you do when driving by. Unfortunately it’s creeped it’s way into web logo design.

I took a look at your site and all I can say is:

Man, let me help you.

Your logo is like 3% of the part of your business that actually gets customers.

What’s your marketing plan? You guys offer mobile service? Where?... I didn’t see any locations listed. (Finally noticed “Corpus Christi” after 5 minutes)

Everything is oddly contrasted. Red and yellow is for fast food restaurants.

“Step 3: your done”......

The mobile menu drop down menu background is off-white..that’s fine..don’t make the mobile menu drop down text white though...

So you’ll be selling car gadgets, how are you going to find customers?

I’d find every single car blog or car Instagram page (tons of them), and negotiate an affiliate deal. Set up a coupon code for them to use and pay them on what they sell to their audience. Less negative cash flow problems. Do you have distributors, customer service, systems to handle orders?

Reach out if you need some help with any of this. Web design, marketing and systems. Let’s make a serious plan for you.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
If you can make a decision and get a new logo done within the next 5 hours I say go for it.

If not, I think you'd do better to just use this or a text logo and go work on your velocity to your first $1.

Not because this or a text logo is awesome, (I think it's not too bad) but because there are other way more important things to worry about in an eCommerce business.

Unless your site is a for a graphics design business, which it's not.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.