The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Graphic Designer and Comic Artist

Mbc

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 22, 2013
Montreal
I'll have to keep you in mind. I have been weighing this in my head recently, because I write a lot of poetry, and short-stories, and novel. And at the same time, I just been posting old comics with my non-fiction and mental toughness stuff. I notice, this is something that may be necessary, creating some characters, and using them to express what I want too in the public with a theatrical flare. And of course illustration makes the books just brighter and more cheerful. And I have a lot of ideas, but need an artist eventually.

How has the reception been to your comics with mental toughness stuff?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
If you're going the comic route check out the guys from Explosm Entertainment, they're the ones making the Cyanide & Happiness show and they started with a simple daily webcomic.

Another way to leverage your skills is making Visual Novels but the really successful ones are for the adult market, AKA Hentai stuff. There's a framework called Ren'Py for that, it uses Python and it has tons of examples and tutorials.

You also have Godot Engine wich has a Visual Novel add-on currently work-in-progress. It's much more complex than Ren'Py because it's a fully fledged game engine, but it opens the possibility of making different 2D games.

The competition is huge but everybody uses manga drawing style, maybe there is a market for western looking interactive comics.

And you could make speed drawing videos, they're quite popular and it's something you can start implementing right now.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot @masterneme I appreciate all that info, I didn't know about that. I definitely will investigate. I was trying to do long time ago some games in python, is really interesting.
I didn't do anything complex but it wasn't difficult to do something with that language. I was using PyGame at that time. It was fun, and I am always thinking in doing a game or an interactive comic in the future.

About the videos, that's one of the things I am planning to do first.

Thank you so much!

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
I'll have to keep you in mind. I have been weighing this in my head recently, because I write a lot of poetry, and short-stories, and novel. And at the same time, I just been posting old comics with my non-fiction and mental toughness stuff. I notice, this is something that may be necessary, creating some characters, and using them to express what I want too in the public with a theatrical flare. And of course illustration makes the books just brighter and more cheerful. And I have a lot of ideas, but need an artist eventually.

Cool @Mattie , thanks! Yes, we can talk about that, no problem.

I am always looking for writers hehehe... nice.
Right now I am working on two comics, one is going to be a webcomic and we (I am working with another friend artist who has already published in Europe, he's really good.) we are thinking in doing a kickstarter to send printed version of the webcomic if we get a good following.
I am here in the forum to learn about the marketing stuff and how to gain followers, fans, etc...

The second one goes directly for a comic magazine in Spain called "Cthulu"
Revista Cthulhu

But if you have something in mind we can begin to work on something while I finish these comics and then we can be ready to work more focused in your ideas. I am interested for sure.
Do you have a blog or website where I can see your writings?

Thanks!

Daniel

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I am always looking for writers hehehe... nice.
Right now I am working on two comics, one is going to be a webcomic and we (I am working with another friend artist who has already published in Europe, he's really good.) we are thinking in doing a kickstarter to send printed version of the webcomic if we get a good following.
I am here in the forum to learn about the marketing stuff and how to gain followers, fans, etc...

The second one goes directly for a comic magazine in Spain called "Cthulu"
Revista Cthulhu

But if you have something in mind we can begin to work on something while I finish these comics and then we can be ready to work more focused in your ideas. I am interested for sure.
Do you have a blog or website where I can see your writings?
Right now, I'd have to wait for a few months until I'm settle back in America. I'm transitioning back in my home culture, so when I get settled in and everything, sure I will talk to you about your ideas. I'm all ready for some serious action. Actually I was thinking I might go talk to my old professors, and see if there still there, and see if they might use M.J.'s book as a text book , because some times we read books on the side with our regular books. I think it would go good with the program I was in, but should get M.J.'s permission first, before I go spreading it around. lol

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Right now, I'd have to wait for a few months until I'm settle back in America. I'm transitioning back in my home culture, so when I get settled in and everything, sure I will talk to you about your ideas. I'm all ready for some serious action. Actually I was thinking I might go talk to my old professors, and see if there still there, and see if they might use M.J.'s book as a text book , because some times we read books on the side with our regular books. I think it would go good with the program I was in, but should get M.J.'s permission first, before I go spreading it around. lol

Cool @Mattie We'll keep in touch. Cool.

I thought you were american, from where are you coming from?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Cool @Mattie We'll keep in touch. Cool.

I thought you were american, from where are you coming from?
I'm In Europe at the moment on the border of Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands. lol It's all kind of close together in this area. I've been here for five years.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
I'm In Europe at the moment on the border of Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands. lol It's all kind of close together in this area. I've been here for five years.

So cool! Nice experience.

Good luck in your return to America.
:)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
So cool! Nice experience.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Good luck in your return to America.
Thank you. Yes, it has been a nice experience. And hope I have a safe travel as well. lol It's a long flight back home, but it will be a few months yet until I leave. I was nervous the first time, and will be this time, but usually the people next to you distract you. It's usually a 12 hour flight. But it was beautiful seeing the clouds, and sun etc. on the way here when I came. It's been very nice here. Everyone's treated me well, and fun times, good food, and a lot of studying, educating myself, and finding Fastlane. lol

This forum changed my life in many ways. The Forum's still coming with me. I think I'm anxious to go through some stuff I left at home, I kind of need. And hard to get access to a lot of things here. I think it will just be easier for me to navigate my way in the business world back home. Get more grounded, and have a lot more connections back there to network. I think at the time I left, I just didn't have a lot of answers, I found in this forum. I want to get grounded, structured, and organized. lol I tend to make a lot of Sacrifices in the pursuit of Success. Hard choices sometimes. Just another transition upwards.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Nice artwork, and congrats Uruguay I am a Ronaldo fan :( By the way do you do any SEO work?

Hi @Carlitos ... I do some SEO but in my website, I am not really qualified to offer services as a SEO expert. I am really more inclined to the design side of the job, my SEO is a bit homemade hahaha...

I have the Yoast SEO plugin installed on my wordpress site and that's what I use for my SEO stuff.

Yoast SEO

Last edited:

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Thank you. Yes, it has been a nice experience. And hope I have a safe travel as well. lol It's a long flight back home, but it will be a few months yet until I leave. I was nervous the first time, and will be this time, but usually the people next to you distract you. It's usually a 12 hour flight. But it was beautiful seeing the clouds, and sun etc. on the way here when I came. It's been very nice here. Everyone's treated me well, and fun times, good food, and a lot of studying, educating myself, and finding Fastlane. lol

This forum changed my life in many ways. The Forum's still coming with me. I think I'm anxious to go through some stuff I left at home, I kind of need. And hard to get access to a lot of things here. I think it will just be easier for me to navigate my way in the business world back home. Get more grounded, and have a lot more connections back there to network. I think at the time I left, I just didn't have a lot of answers, I found in this forum. I want to get grounded, structured, and organized. lol I tend to make a lot of Sacrifices in the pursuit of Success. Hard choices sometimes. Just another transition upwards.

Nice. Yes, this forum is awesome really. And to have success that is all we need, I think... to make some sacrifices and hard choices.

This forum is really helpful for that because you can see others experiencing the same challenges as us so you don't feel like a weirdo when you go the contrary way that everybody in our family, or friend are doing hahahaha...

We have to swim against the current Lol...
;-)

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Ok guys, I was a bit trying to figure out this entrepreneur thing and it's really a challenge. Mostly because of how we sabotage ourselves. We are our enemy. Incredible... but, with effort and will we are able to change that.

The month of January I made $ 571.30 dollars in my graphic design side job.
Not so bad, uh?
:p

I still have a lot to do and learn but this is a good start, I think.
I am also reading the book The Millionaire Fastlane . I hope to finish it soon!

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
I just unified my website, my personal website redirects to my business website.
I don't have time to keep updated two webpages at the same time.
I need to focus on my business.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Right now I am working on learning ActionScript... I am planning to create a simple platform game and publish anywhere, maybe Steam and googleplay.
I like programming too.

I am also working on creating some T-Shirts to sell. I want to diversify and focus more on activities that are really more pasive income oriented. Right now I love design and illustration but they are not really so fastlane.

I will post my advances in that area soon!!!!

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Welcome to the forum, glad to have another creative on board.

When your endgoal is to make comics, you might need to take action now.
It needs to be sustainable as a lifestyle long-term. Do you truly enjoy the process of doing it?

First your hypothesis that you create something valuable to your readers. What value do they get? Entertainment? Happiness? Laughter?

Second act and adjust. No responses?
Form a new hypothesis and do it again and again. There is a reason for response and non-response. Self-reflection. A response is a sale. You can get one sale, you cam get another one.

Third, now you have some incredible response. When something works, continue to do it by all means!! Its a rolling snowball.

----
If you like design and illustration you can build an agency, hire more people etc. Do art direction, motion graphics etc etc.
Literally everything can become fastlane.
You just need to be committed for the long-term. Thats the key in my opinion.

Last edited:

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Welcome to the forum, glad to have another creative on board.

When your endgoal is to make comics, you might need to take action now.
It needs to be sustainable as a lifestyle long-term. Do you truly enjoy the process of doing it?

First your hypothesis that you create something valuable to your readers. What value do they get? Entertainment? Happiness? Laughter?

Second act and adjust. No responses?
Form a new hypothesis and do it again and again. There is a reason for response and non-response. Self-reflection. A response is a sale. You can get one sale, you cam get another one.

Third, now you have some incredible response. When something works, continue to do it by all means!! Its a rolling snowball.

----
If you like design and illustration you can build an agency, hire more people etc. Do art direction, motion graphics etc etc.
Literally everything can become fastlane.
You just need to be committed for the long-term. Thats the key in my opinion.

Thanks a lot @Mainstream7 !!! That's a good method to try. I think I will be creating a new post with my ideas and progress so I can be testing the waters of this amazing Fastlane!

Thanks again!!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.