The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Lost Entrepreneur, Needs Your Advice!

If you don't want to write out a response, feel free to just vote on what you would do!

• Stay home, Save Money & take classes

• Internship in Tampa

• Dream City, and Go monk mode on your goals

Results are only viewable after voting.

GabeGlobal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 16, 2019
Hello all,

I'm a 21 year old 3rd year university student studying economics and finance (pointless I know)

But I need your advice

Probably like some of you, I've always been an aspiring entrepreneur whom has attempted to start various businesses and have had my overwhelming fair share of failures.

As I'm winding down to my last summer break before I'm thrown into the real world, I wanted to know what you all think is the best way to utilize this break in pursuit of my dream.

Out of all the businesses I've attempted, I currently have a very specific niche type event hosting company that I operate solely from my phone on social media. I net roughly 5-7k per 1 day event in my hometown (The ceiling can't get much higher for that, also isn't very scalable) which I still plan to continue throughout the summer even if I have to catch a round trip flight home for the events.
(1-2 events)

My dream is to build my entrepreneurial journey while living in South FL: Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm etc

For the summer, I have narrowed things down to 3 options
Stay at home
  • Live basically for free
  • Would be able to spend money on local ventures
  • Lots of distractions from Friends & Family
  • Lots of time can be spent towards side gig
  • Would be taking university classes during the summer
Internship - (Was offered an internship as a wealth and investment management intern)
  • Work at a bank ($20/hr x 40/hrs a week)
  • Live basically for free ($2k relocation grant)
  • Doing work, I'd have little to no interest doing in the future
  • Live in Tampa Florida for the summer
  • Little time can be spent towards side gig (event hosting co. at home)
Go ALL in & Commit to my dream
  • Move to Miami, FL for the summer
  • Spend $2k out of pocket for rent for the duration of the summer
  • Fear of the unknown, not knowing where income would be coming from other than my event hosting company in my hometown 12 hours away.
  • Would be completely free
  • Able to put my head down, create business systems, learn skills, get hands dirty with digital marketing, e-commerce etc
This is a HUGE decision for me, family and friends don't necessarily understand the logic behind this contemplation but I don't expect them to, thus is why I'm reaching out to my fellow aspiring entrepreneurs.

Please, let me know your honest thoughts!

Thanks, Fellas!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The forum will be biased for #3, that's what I vote for. Go for it, you're only young once. Jobs will always be there, AND you already have a nice side income for not a lot of time investment. Sounds like a dream opportunity.

(Also can you franchise your event thing nationally?)

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
“make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. If you want to get more out of life, you must lose your inclination for monotonous security and adopt a helter-skelter style of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy. But once you become accustomed to such a life you will see its full meaning and its incredible beauty.”
― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Miami - you can work side gigs at "events" to expand your understanding of needs and earn some $ to live on. But be careful. Just being in a new town doesn't mean you won't have distractions - family and friends aren't the only distractions.

GabeGlobal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 16, 2019
“make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. If you want to get more out of life, you must lose your inclination for monotonous security and adopt a helter-skelter style of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy. But once you become accustomed to such a life you will see its full meaning and its incredible beauty.”
― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

sheeeesh I felt this one, thanks for your insight my man!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.