The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Team is Paramount To Scale Correctly (Horror Story Coming in 3.2...)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Blu H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jun 24, 2018
Venice Beach
Not sure if a lot of you are keeping tab with the fitness community! I've been a fan of bodybuilding since I was in my teens. Fell back a couple of years ago while discovering the darker side of bodybuilding... but recently, I've started get back into it, and listened semi-regularly to a couple of Fitness YouTubers ... especially to see how they market themselves! Well recently, there's been a Juicy Scandal going on with Brittany Dawn from Brittany Dawn Fitness. I personally had never heard of her... but apparently she's Huge.

Has 550k followers on InstaGram, and 300K Subs on YouTube. She's been selling training programs & personalized pep talks for a bit... but due to trying to be a 1 woman army... it came to light that she was selling cookie cutter programs that were the same for everybody, and most importantly... stopped bothering fallowing up with her clients for the promised private pep talks! This was her prominent USP. I guess she presumed that since the money kept rolling in... she could get away with Customer Service that SUCKS! But now she's been massively called out by the YouTube Fitness community, and the worse part for her, is now the Media got a hold of this scandal... and they're spinning it straight into 5th gear! I believe she might not recover from this!

As soon as I read this, it reminded me of what @Sean Marshall's been saying in his
How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days Thread about the importance of delegating & building a team around you. Considering her sponsorships, and her massive following... we're for sure talking about 6 figures... maybe 7... that will soon crumble like a Deck of Cards. I personally believe that she got so back-logged with the promises she made... that one day... she just stopped trying to catch up... and when the money kept coming in, the evil that it can enable took over... and the rest was history! Here's to The importance of Scaling Correctly Baby! For all of us inspiring Fastlaners... this is a tale of what NOT TO DO IT!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
It doesn't matter how successful someone looks in the short term, if they don't keep the promises they make to prospects/customers, it all goes away eventually.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Not sure if a lot of you are keeping tab with the fitness community! I've been a fan of bodybuilding since I was in my teens. Fell back a couple of years ago while discovering the darker side of bodybuilding... but recently, I've started get back into it, and listened semi-regularly to a couple of Fitness YouTubers ... especially to see how they market themselves! Well recently, there's been a Juicy Scandal going on with Brittany Dawn from Brittany Dawn Fitness. I personally had never heard of her... but apparently she's Huge.

Has 550k followers on InstaGram, and 300K Subs on YouTube. She's been selling training programs & personalized pep talks for a bit... but due to trying to be a 1 woman army... it came to light that she was selling cookie cutter programs that were the same for everybody, and most importantly... stopped bothering fallowing up with her clients for the promised private pep talks! This was her prominent USP. I guess she presumed that since the money kept rolling in... she could get away with Customer Service that SUCKS! But now she's been massively called out by the YouTube Fitness community, and the worse part for her, is now the Media got a hold of this scandal... and they're spinning it straight into 5th gear! I believe she might not recover from this!

As soon as I read this, it reminded me of what @Sean Marshall's been saying in his
How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days Thread about the importance of delegating & building a team around you. Considering her sponsorships, and her massive following... we're for sure talking about 6 figures... maybe 7... that will soon crumble like a Deck of Cards. I personally believe that she got so back-logged with the promises she made... that one day... she just stopped trying to catch up... and when the money kept coming in, the evil that it can enable took over... and the rest was history! Here's to The importance of Scaling Correctly Baby! For all of us inspiring Fastlaners... this is a tale of what NOT TO DO IT!
Great example of what NOT to do. I would like to know what happened behind the scenes from A-Z, though. It'd be an interesting case study / cautionary tale.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
She's an attractive young woman who has just gotten herself a lot of free publicity.

The outrage machine will grind its teeth and make a lot of noise and the drama-obsessed rubber-neckers will move on to the next thing in 3-5 days. If it's not already forgotten.

She's only out of the game if she wants out.

The internet's drama addicts and petty gossips never seem to learn this lesson.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
Perfect opportunity for a major pivot.
Hire a customer service team.
Showcase the team.
Showcase the progress.
Contact media.
Win.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Perfect opportunity for a major pivot.
Hire a customer service team.
Showcase the team.
Showcase the progress.
Contact media.
Win.
I think that's what Nassim Nicholas Taleb refers to as "antifragile". Become stronger from the attacks you receive. If she goes this route it would make for a great comeback story.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
I think that's what Nassim Nicholas Taleb refers to as "antifragile". Become stronger from the attacks you receive. If she goes this route it would make for a great comeback story.
It is the starting point of one hell of a hero’s journey!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.