The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Awesome recording, Dane Maxwell and Sam Ovens

Epictetus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 22, 2012
Hey guys

I know there's been some mixed feelings about Dane Maxwell's The Foundation, but this interview was released to the public today and I think everyone on this forum will be able to appreciate it.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/thefoundationmp3s/Bonus/TheMindsetOfSamOvensAfterTheFoundation.mp3

It's with Sam Ovens, one of the most successful members of the first Foundation. His bank balance has gone from $200 to $100,000 since this time last year and his web business is on track to make $500,000 in revenue this year. He's 23. Really awesome guy, he's one of the mentors in this Foundation and has been great to talk to.

Hope you enjoy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Epictetus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 22, 2012
Thanks Nick, didn't realise about the email since I did it months ago. I'll update the original post.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Dane's an awkward interviewer. When I got the email I was excited to listen, and turned it off 1/3rd into it because it was too awkward to listen to :)

Epictetus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 22, 2012
He does it on purpose. He doesn't talk much but when he asks a question he makes sure it counts, and he purposefully stays very quiet and keeps them hanging, because when you do that people feel inclined to fill the silence. Dane actively teaches to leave massive pauses when doing idea extraction because it'll cause the person you're talking to feel like they need to say more and it's often when the really gold statements come out.

It's quite funny, when I started idea extracting my natural inclination was to talk because I felt like that helped build rapport (and it does to some extent) as well as do all the standard acknowledgements (aha, yep, gotcha, etc). I started doing things a bit more like Dane and the calls suddenly started getting a hell of a lot better. By using lots of silence and carefully chosen questions I was able to keep them on track while maximising the time they spend talking. So I know it does seem weird to listen to, but it does work really well. I've listened to a heap of his interviews with past members and with some of the other entrepreneur mentors who have joined in and in each one you realise just how much information he's managed to get out of the people he's interviewing.

I know exactly what you mean, because people find it strange not to be acknowledged all the time. But when you talk to him you find yourself coughing up more than you necessarily intend to.

Epictetus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 22, 2012
Do you have to address Dane by your holiness? Are you on his payroll by chance or just obsessed with the guy, I can't figure it out....

No, I just have a lot of involvement with the guy at the moment and since I'm learning a hell of a lot, I thought it'd be a nice gesture to share some of that. I was under the impression this was a place for sharing knowledge and resources, but obviously I was wrong there.

Did you actually listen to the recording before posting? Or have you just decided you don't like the guy and nothing he says is going to offer you any value?

Either way, the interview is mainly just Sam Ovens talking and they don't really talk about The Foundation that much. I'm not trying to turn you guys into followers of the cult of Dane or whatever you'd like to think it is, just sharing information about a young entrepreneur who is kicking a$$ (Sam).

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Thanks for the post I liked the recording

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.