The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eric from Erics Cheesecakes

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats on the new channel.

You need to outsource your graphic design.

It serves a purpose but yes, it is pretty average. At the minimum, he needs to create a logo and get some branding direction. @Ericito , your long game here is national distribution and awareness. "Erics Cheescake" in stencil font isn't doing the job.

Again, congrats on the new channel. If you're running a productocracy, the more eaters, the more customers... 1+1=3!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Curious to see how things are going? Any plans to get shipping in place before the upcoming holidays? Eric's Cheesecakes the new Collin Street Bakery? FYI Cheesecake is the only food that keeps me from being 100% vegan. Would love to order some soon!

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Curious to see how things are going? Any plans to get shipping in place before the upcoming holidays? Eric's Cheesecakes the new Collin Street Bakery? FYI Cheesecake is the only food that keeps me from being 100% vegan. Would love to order some soon!
Oh how it were possible on a regular and it is feverously being worked on. However it just not possible as of yet. Still small and not able to make room for all the necessities to make that happen. Will definitely keep you updated and informed once it happens.
Thanks for asking.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Eric, I’ve been thinking about your business too. Any updates? How’s cheese on a stick going?

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Eric, I’ve been thinking about your business too. Any updates? How’s cheese on a stick going?

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for asking and wanting to keep updated. At the moment, all l am allowed to say is that "Im working on getting into a chain that you all know". Since this is a public forum, it best that l not reveal that information. However, once things are etched in stone, l will be happy to announce it. Its just taking time and red tape.
Thanks again for all your interest in me.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for asking and wanting to keep updated. At the moment, all l am allowed to say is that "Im working on getting into a chain that you all know". Since this is a public forum, it best that l not reveal that information. However, once things are etched in stone, l will be happy to announce it. Its just taking time and red tape.
Thanks again for all your interest in me.
Gotta love the Commandment of Entry.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Not everyone can get into well-known chains. :smile2:

Standards and quality.

Congrats!
Thank you. Trust me it's not easy. It's like an audition for a major movie...as an extra. You got to really prove yourself, and then prove yourself again.
Thanks again for the support. Means alot.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Thank you. Trust me it's not easy. It's like an audition for a major movie...as an extra. You got to really prove yourself, and then prove yourself again.
Thanks again for the support. Means alot.

As someone who’s trying to get into grocery right now, and not even to the point of getting a meeting yet, good job!!

Rep++

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
As someone who’s trying to get into grocery right now, and not even to the point of getting a meeting yet, good job!!
Thanks.
Rep++
Not everyone can get into well-known chains. :smile2:

Standards and quality.

Congrats!
Thank You Buddy,
I know what you mean. Im pretty hyped myself. I just hope it works out. If it does, you will all know.
Thanks again for all the support.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
IMG_20180819_121209_126.jpg Expresso Cheesecake Pops.
Now being sold at Converge.
Come on by and have a cheesecake pop and a cup off amazing coffee or a choice of any other delicious treats.
Converge Coffee Bar & Cafe.
3336 S Church St.
Burlington, NC 27215
Dark Roast Coffee provided by: @alamance_kaffee_werks
@convergecoffeebar

Last edited:

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Hey Ericito

great story. A lot of people here has already helped you (even by asking how you are doing). I have some questions though.

So DPA regulations follow. Im not good enough to qualify. They dont care or respond to inquiries. Typical.

I come from a country where you need to deal with a lot of bureaucracy, often going into grey area.

Have you consulted a lawyer (good lawyer)? I have a couple of idea, but they may fall under 'grey' area here...

Did l make a mistake, or was it a smart move? Maybe or Maybe not. Well l still have a great cheesecake, but where am l as far a that cheesecake? That is the question l always ask myself decades later. You be the judge.

Imagine James Earl Jones. You could say he is the biggest failure in history of movies. Instead of going for royalties for his Darth Vader voice, he took a lump sum. Considering his situation then, and the forecast for the movie... he made the best decision. And is he the biggest failure?What if the movie flopped and was forgotten after 5 mins... Nobody has a crystal bowl... It's easy to be Captain Hindsight ;)

"Expreso" is written like that on purpose I hope?

I had to reply :) My former boss, net worth over 100M, used to say "Expreso" instead of espresso. He was busy (still is) making 100s M $... didn't have time to learn the correct pronunciation.

Second, you can actually invent something by mistake, by making a mistake :D

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Hey Ericito

great story. A lot of people here has already helped you (even by asking how you are doing). I have some questions though.

I come from a country where you need to deal with a lot of bureaucracy, often going into grey area.

Have you consulted a lawyer (good lawyer)? I have a couple of idea, but they may fall under 'grey' area here...

Imagine James Earl Jones. You could say he is the biggest failure in history of movies. Instead of going for royalties for his Darth Vader voice, he took a lump sum. Considering his situation then, and the forecast for the movie... he made the best decision. And is he the biggest failure?What if the movie flopped and was forgotten after 5 mins... Nobody has a crystal bowl... It's easy to be Captain Hindsight ;)

I had to reply :) My former boss, net worth over 100M, used to say "Expreso" instead of espresso. He was busy (still is) making 100s M $... didn't have time to learn the correct pronunciation.

Second, you can actually invent something by mistake, by making a mistake :D

Good Afternoon,
I want to thank you Everyman and Member for your informative support.
I have learned so much from so many over the past 2 years. It has been very helpful.
However, one thing that l have also learned that no matter how hoard your try, you can not beat the system, even though you may be 100% correct and right....a No means No. For reasons that this is a very public forum, I will not go into details. Lawyers? LOL. Wont even go there.

Also a very well known important factor is "You need money to make money"....No matter how amazing a product or food is. It can be the best on the planet. No Capital...No Future. That really is the bottom line for everything.
Many will read this and say...There he goes with the "I's" again. But reality is reality.

So with that being said.....The dream is not over. But the wake up call is real.
I wont stop what l do, but l will not keep fighting a war game...where no one wins.

So again....I thank all for everything.

Original.jpg

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Also a very well known important factor is "You need money to make money"....No matter how amazing a product or food is. It can be the best on the planet. No Capital...No Future. That really is the bottom line for everything.
Many will read this and say...There he goes with the "I's" again. But reality is reality.

That's not reality, but that's the reality you experienced.

Sorry to hear that your experience has turned into an absolute one-size-fits-all limiting belief.

Money definitely makes anything easier and a lack of it makes it harder. But it isn't the end-all, be-all.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
That's not reality, but that's the reality you experienced.

Sorry to hear that your experience has turned into an absolute one-size-fits-all limiting belief.

Money definitely makes anything easier and a lack of it makes it harder. But it isn't the end-all, be-all.

Thank You Sir,
Trust me, yes lack of money makes it harder, but l will always believe that l have an amazing product. Whether or not the masses ever get to find out, will always be determined. Despite all the negatives the are being confronted, giving up is not an option. Even though it was not implied. I know and will always believe that one day, the right person and the right circumstances will find out and be overwhelmed. However, until then....one day at a time.
Again Thank You

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Have you hit up people like me who find money for businesses like yours all the time?

No. It got hard. You quit?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
@Ericito I’m disappointed reading this. And I don’t think you’ll get much sympathy from those of us who are still pushing hard to pursue their goals. I know you said there are extenuating circumstances... but blaming lack of money is not a good enough excuses.

I ran out of money. So I started an investment round. Have you?

As a footnote, I really want this business to succeed, because I see you’re passionate about it. But you’ve had so many self doubts...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.