The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Become the God of Your Own Life

joed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 14, 2019
"I do not condemn a man for having a job. I chastise him for believing that this is all he is worth. I call him out for his unwillingness to examine his interiority and discover that he is a Prince of the earthly kingdom." - Kapil Gupta MD

I've read a lot of passages like that over the past few years, and although the words always inspire me to seek change, I am still stuck living the life of a wage slave. After college, I entered the "real world" starry-eyed and ready to make my mark on the world. My first job was two-hours away from home. To get through the lengthy commute, and maintain my sanity in bumper to bumper traffic, I turned to audiobooks about two months into the role.

The first time I heard "The 4-Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferriss, I realized that everything I had been thinking and everything I had been doing, was wrong. All of the tests I studied for, resumes I sent out, the jobs I applied for, what was the point? I had sold my soul to be a corporate drone. I needed to figure a way out.

From that point on I spent countless hours reading books like the Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , I filled up over a dozen journals with my ideas, and I dreamt up all these different plans and schemes. But still, nothing has happened. I keep getting stuck. And I keep bouncing from job to job that I am not fully invested in because I haven't had the courage to venture out on my own.

But I refuse to give up. I refuse to conform and accept a life of mediocrity. I will not wait until I am 65 to enjoy the fruits of my labor and to enjoy the best things that life has to offer. I know that I have what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur, it's in my blood, it's in my DNA. My hero's journey awaits me, the kingship is mine for the taking, all I need is to take that first step and never look back.

I look forward to collaborating with everyone, and I am grateful that MJ has put together this forum for like-minded individuals to help each other unlock their full potential. Thank you for reading - JD

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Great! What actions are you taking today to get your business launched?

joed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 14, 2019
I want to spend the next few days going through the forum to help the creative juices flowing. I don't want to overthink things and waste any more time though. Once I have a rough idea of what I want to go after I just want to run with it and learn as I go.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
Love the intro title.

also:
------------------
INSIDERS
------------------

Love that!
I even dig the avatar.

Here's what I'm seeing:
TL;DR - I'm committed to trying this. I've had a couple false starts, but I'm motivated.
Nice. What are your next steps?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

joed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 14, 2019
Thank you. I need to pick an idea without overthinking and just get after it. I will learn through the experience along the way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...