The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you find yourself arguing with a good idea, you may want to stop arguing

Idea threads

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Just received the Rich Dad's newsletter, and I thought it could motivate some people here.

Robert Kiyosaki said:
When I was in my twenties, I had a business idea that I wanted to pitch to my rich dad.

Before I sat down with my rich dad, however, I pitched the idea to my real dad. He was disgusted with me. He told me entrepreneurs are evil and are what’s wrong with the world. He continued that they are greedy and selfish.

That was not exactly what I wanted to hear. While I did not agree with my poor dad’s opinion, it stayed with me in the back of my thoughts.

I kept practicing and finally got enough nerve to present my idea to rich dad.

It wasn’t pretty…

I stumbled and stuttered. My posture was saggy. And much worse, by the end of the presentation I had actually talked myself out of the idea.

I ended with, “So, I guess it’s a pretty dumb idea, huh?”

Rich dad rose out of his lounging chair, smiled at me and…

… hit me right on the top of my head with a rolled-up magazine!!!

He said, “If you find yourself arguing with a good idea, you may want to stop arguing.”

He then sat me down and explained that we argue because we don’t want to feel disappointed again. We argue because we are protecting ourselves from the pain that dreaming big dreams can bring if that big dream does not become reality.

We’ve all experienced the pain and disappointment that comes with a failed dream. The hard part is to realize when you are arguing against failing again, not against the dream.

He never did tell me what he thought of my idea. He said far more important than any idea I have is the ability to control my thoughts.

I know you have ideas but have you taken action?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
**Consistent action

I agree with Robert that mindset is key.If you keep talking down to yourself you will believe in your self limiting thoughts.

As Shakespeare noted:
"Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting.”

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Thanks, this was helpful!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Just received the Rich Dad's newsletter, and I thought it could motivate some people here.
Kiyosaki has newsletters??? What?

Good tale from Kiyosaki though. Haven't read him in a loooong while.

On a slight derail, I think the biz idea Kiyosaki was pitching was his wallet business that he had to sell off eventually due to cheap overseas manufacturing and competition. Wallets sure sound lame compared to your typical Internet startup, but at that time, overseas sourcing wasn't as quick and streamlined as it is today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.